Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Ahhhh, they still want us to think we are stupid.....

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:13 AM
  • 17 Replies

CNBC Anchor Tears Into Dem Leader Who Claims U.S. Has A ‘Paying-For Problem,' Not A Spending Problem

by Noah Rothman | 9:12 am, February 12th, 2013video» 158 comments

House Minority Whip Rep. Stenny Hoyer (D-MD) joined the hosts of CNBC where he was grilled by anchor Michelle Caruso-Cabrera on spending issues ahead of President Barack Obama's State of the Union address. Caruso-Cabrera pressed Hoyer repeatedly to admit that the nation has a spending problem which Hoyer refused to do. "We have a paying-for problem," he finally conceded.

RELATED: Nancy Pelosi To Fox's Chris Wallace: It's A ‘False Argument To Say We Have A Spending Problem'

"I've heard Democrat after Democrat today tell me how much the president reached out to me during that last speech, and now he's going to do it again tonight," Caruso-Cabrera began incredulously.

"I sat in meetings with the president sitting with Republican leadership in the Senate and the House, and trying to get to a compromise," Hoyer countered. "We didn't get there, but he spent a lot of time in doing so. And any fair analysis would indicate that he was prepared to go to places, particularly on entitlements, that would upset his base."

"Sir, does the country have a spending problem?" Caruso-Cabrera asked.

"Does the country have a - the country has a paying-for problem," Hoyer replied. "We haven't paid for what we've bought."

"Are we promising too much?" Caruso-Cabrera pressed.

"Absolutely," Hoyer agreed. "If we don't pay, we shouldn't buy."

"How is that different from a spending problem?" She followed up.

"We spent a lot of money when George Bush was President of the United States," Hoyer replied.

"So, that's eight years and now another eight years of a lot of spending, so we're going on 16 years of a lot of spending now," Caruso-Cabrera shot back.

"We need to stop it," Hoyer agreed.

"Any day," Caruso-Cabrera agreed.

Watch the segment below via CNBC:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnbc-anchor-tears-into-dem-leader-who-claims-u-s-has-a-paying-for-problem-not-a-spending-problem/

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:17 AM

We have a spending problem which has led to our paying problem.  A problem that China is watching closely. 

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Exactly!

Quoting pvtjokerus:

We have a spending problem which has led to our paying problem.  A problem that China is watching closely. 

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:47 AM
6 moms liked this
They think we are all stupid just because his constituents are stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Debrowsky
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM
3 moms liked this

Unbelievable, is there some kind of drug induced stupor passed out to those who follow in the shadow of this Prez?

steviechick
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM
4 moms liked this

The new code word for Dems is 'investment'  It is no longer called a 'stimulus'.  SO, investing (spending) is going to change the course of the country?  Using special words will instill some kind of balance and harmony and make everyone feel better about the direction of this country? 

Sheep will follow other sheep.

DissieDothe
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this

The govt has not paid for anything. That's why the deficit is 16 trillion dollars. I wonder when that number turns to jiggawatts?

Is this country worth 16 trillion dollars? What should we sell off to get the money to pay the debt?

Friday
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM

No better, or worse than those who want a nanny govt because they don't think adults can or should have the ability to make their own personal decisions.

Of course politicians think we are stupid, they are counting on it to keep us arguing over partisan BS while they rob us.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Friday
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Quoting Debrowsky:

Unbelievable, is there some kind of drug induced stupor passed out to those who follow in the shadow of this Prez?

I think it's more about partisanship than anything else. I don't recall many in the GOP questioning or disagreeing with Dubya either, lest they be called a traitor or something equally stupid. The GOP lead Congress sure didn't have any problem rubber-stamping everything he wanted.

Both major parties frown on dissent among the ranks. Look at how many on the right have been labeled RINO's for it.

It's wrong and BS but since power is more important than the country or doing what's right, that's how it is.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

A "paying for problem". Methinks a euphemism for "spending problem".

When you spend too much, you don't have money left to "pay for" the excess spending.

Synonyms, euphemisms - same thing. Only the point in using a euphemism is to try to make it sound better than using the real words - and to avoid using the verbiage of your political opponents.

Wasn't it Obama who said his administration would no longer use the word "terrorism" but rather, something like "man-caused violence"? Or "revenue" instead of "taxes"? Or "invest in infrastructure" rather than "spend more money than we have"? Or "the enemy" instead of "Americans who disagree with my agenda"? And the Fort Hood massacre as "workplace violence" instead of "domestic terrorist attack", etc., etc., etc.

You say "tomato", I say tomahto"....

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Quoting steviechick:

The new code word for Dems is 'investment'  It is no longer called a 'stimulus'.  SO, investing (spending) is going to change the course of the country?  Using special words will instill some kind of balance and harmony and make everyone feel better about the direction of this country? 

Sheep will follow other sheep.

Right into the abyss if the shepherd leading them has no clue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)