Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

SOTU: BARACK OBAMA'S FAVORITE WORD

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

How did Barack Obama use his State of the Union address, in his own humble and prayerful way, to mark the fact that he is the 44th president of the United States?

He used one pronoun 44 times. Guess which one it was?

Why, there’s no fooling you—you guessed. The pronoun was “I.”

Yup, forty-four times that most humble of men who knows he is elected to serve the people managed to squeeze in a reminder of whom this speech was really about.

Remember, this is the same man who said, “I know that former President Carter, President Clinton, they understand the irony of the presidential office, which is the longer you're there, the more humble you become, and the more mindful you are that is beyond your powers individually to move this great country.”

Guess what?

You guessed again, didn’t you.

He was kidding.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gsprofval
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah, yes, it's all about him.

Makes me wonder about his speech writers who should know better than to write "I" so much. Of course, bho may have made the changes to "I" but only in a narcissistic way.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

After all he IS King of America, and the Savior of America and the American people.

Obama phone anyone? wink mini

Are we moving forward yet?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have."---Thomas Jefferson

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Or the speech may have used "the royal 'we'" - which isn't a far stretch to change into the royal "I". 

Quoting gsprofval:

Ah, yes, it's all about him.

Makes me wonder about his speech writers who should know better than to write "I" so much. Of course, bho may have made the changes to "I" but only in a narcissistic (sp I know) way.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Let me guess, "Investments". 

I guess not anywhere close.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM

BUMP!

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:00 AM
6 moms liked this

No surprise.  It's his fave word in all of his speeches.  2nd is "me".

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:03 AM
Between the water jokes and this nonsense...
Does anyone have anything worthwhile to post on the SOTU?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Seriously you all, he suffers from Narcissistic Immunity - it is not his fault.

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course it was that!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry to be contrary, but these posts and comments are all worthwhile - whether or not you agree with them.

Where were you when liberals were viciously attacking George W. Bush on the corner by my nail salon every Saturday afternoon at 2-4 pm, and wishing he would be assassinated? Were you defending Bush as well? *Crickets* Doubtful.

See, there is this law called our First Amendment freedom of speech. Ever heard of it? Or are you saying you don't believe it applies to those who don't agree with Obama or you? Au contraire. The Founders would disagree vociferously with you.

If you don't like this and other threads supportive of conservatives and libertarians, and critical of liberals, I have a simple suggestion for you:  Don't post on those threads, and instead, start your own laudatory post of your Messiah, where you can commiserate with your fellow libs. Freedom of speech. Hop to it.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

Between the water jokes and this nonsense...
Does anyone have anything worthwhile to post on the SOTU?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN