Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:48 PM
  • 105 Replies
1 mom liked this

guns

By Jim Hoft on Thursday, February 14, 2013, 9:52 AM

Missouri Democrats introduced an anti-gun which would turn law-abiding firearm owners into criminals. They will have 90 days to turn in their guns if the legislation is passed.

Dana Loesch Radio reported on the new legislation being pushed by Missouri Democrats:

Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution.

Here’s part of the Democratic proposal in Missouri:

4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131/biltxt/intro/HB0545I.HTM

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soonergirl980
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:08 PM
7 moms liked this

So now they aren't even trying to mask thei gun ignorance by calling non-assault weapons "assualt" weapons. Idiots just plain idiots. Hopefully Missouri Republicans can protect their citizens.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:26 PM
6 moms liked this

And some people claim their are no efforts to confiscate guns? They haven't been paying attention.

What about Dianne Feinstein, who famously said, "Turn 'em all in, Mr. and Mrs. America."

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:03 PM
3 moms liked this
That's a states issue

It won't pass

At least he isn't trying to arrest women that have miscarriages and investigate them for murder

Quoting SallyMJ:

And some people claim their are no efforts to confiscate guns? They haven't been paying attention.

What about Dianne Feinstein, who famously said, "Turn 'em all in, Mr. and Mrs. America."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM
6 moms liked this

Yeah, all those anti-gun people who keep saying that 'no one wants to take all your guns' ... pbthhhh.

It's a crime for any elected official to propose such unConstitutional drivel, and it's a shame that they (the four of them ... Rory Ellinger, Jill Shupp, Margo McNeil, and Walton Gray) can't be sued for the waste of public money on this.

I can't decide whether there are just a lot of democrats that want to be tossed out of office and have decided that trying to enact gun laws and gun grabs will get them retired without looking like quitters ... or if the democrats want to see exactly how many felons they can't catch or put in jail.

I'm gonna stock up on scissors though ... just in case the dems in SC swallow a huge extra helping of stupid for breakfast.

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM
6 moms liked this

This is a Constitutional issue ~ abortion has nothing to do with it (nor is it a Constitutional right).

Since you can't seem to stay even remotely on topic, I'll bring up a third one ...

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

That's a states issue

It won't pass

At least he isn't trying to arrest women that have miscarriages and investigate them for murder

Quoting SallyMJ:

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Republicans have no problem with regulations which don't affect them.
Posted on @[114270361928171:274:Americans Against The Republican Party].

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:25 PM

So I went to the link you provided, and I'm not seeing where it says these firearms will be confiscated?

It looks like a definition - wherein specific types of firearms are now to be defined in a new way, below.  What is chapter 571? :

AN ACT

To amend chapter 571, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to the manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of any assault weapon or large capacity magazine, with a penalty provision.

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:54 PM
6 moms liked this

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I pay for mine. Don't you pay for yours?

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM
7 moms liked this

Yup, decades ago ... but menopause sort of made it a moot point.

I paid for my own childbirth and raised my children with food I paid for as well (sans child support) ... never mind that there were a few times it took three jobs and meant I didn't get much sleep.

Now I'm retired. I'm a grandma. Why would I want to blow my money on the upkeep of someone else's reproductive organs? I'm not saying they can't do whatever they want ~ only that I have no wish to chip in to help them. At this point in my life I have a brand new set of expenses, as well as other hobbies and obligations that I need to spend my money on. If I could manage it when I was dirt poor and slaving away at minimum wage, so can today's women ... or are today's women as morally and ethically bankrupt as they claim their bank accounts are?

Sorry, but I need the cash on hand around here for ammo ... not bc, and certainly not for someone else's bc.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

I pay for mine. Don't you pay for yours?

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)