Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Would You Do If School Staff Pulled Down Your Childs Pants?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 13 Replies

School Staff Pulls Down Students' Pants and 'Checks Them' to Solve Gym Prank (VIDEO)

nurse clark

I want you to imagine for a moment: Your elementary school-aged child comes home in the afternoon and tells you that, at school that day, he or she had their pants pulled down and their butt inspected for feces. I know, it's completely insane, but this actually allegedly happened at a school in Pineland, Texas. Apparently, feces had been found on the floor in the gymnasium on numerous occasions -- and teachers and staff were unable to figure out who the culprit was -- so they marched all the kids into the nurse's office, pulled down their pants, and yep, checked them.

One account says that the school nurse "basically pulled the kids' pants down or out." Wes Little, a father of one of the student's said: "My kid came home and told me his butt had been inspected at the elementary school for feces. And he said he was embarrassed by the whole situation." But another account -- IE, the account by the principal and superintendent -- is downplaying what happened, saying, "No pants were pulled down past the buttocks, that they were merely pulled away at the waistline and peeked in to see if there was any feces." Superintendent Mike Pate added: "We've all been examined by nurses. I do think it is appropriate in certain situations."

Okay, examined by nurses, yes. When there's actually something wrong. A bunch of innocent little kids were just completely violated, because the faculty wanted to know who was pooping on the floor! Is it right that someone keeps doing this? Absolutely not! But even if you've exhausted all your options, you don't pull a kid's pants down to solve a case! Imagine how their parents must feel. I mean, what would you do if this happened to your child?

Personally, I don't know how I'd react. Right now, my daughter's still a baby, but I know the thought of this happening to her puts my stomach in knots. This is not okay. And quite frankly, this is just weird. Who would even think to do this?

Wes Little says he's still unsure if he'll take the matter before the board or state officials. As of now, he said that  by making the incident public, he's hoping it will keep it from happening again.

Um, yeah. I'd say. This incident should have never happened in the first place.

What would you do if this was your kid?

Video Here

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I would be livid.

There is NO reason for any school official to EVER "peek" into my child's pants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluerooffarm
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM

In Texas it is pretty easy to pull the kid and homeschool.

mikiemom
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:03 PM

only in Texas -

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Speechless

And I would be suing.

stringtheory
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Did they find the culprit?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jers.
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Even after they humiliated all those children, they have no idea who did it.

For me, the bigger problem is a child was able to enter the gym without anyone/a teacher noticing and do this in the first place.

Ravishing_dame
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Wow, was it that big of a deal they just HAD TO FIND OUT WHO DID IT?  These are children, it's not like one of them sqaut on the floor and had a bowl movement.  One of the children had an accident in their pants probably.  These are children for christsake, what were they going to do when they find out - scream and yell at the child?

AuntieL333
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Little kids in handcuffs and being interrogated for hours now this...have people just plum lost their frickin' minds. What if a kid didn't want to have his/her pants pulled down? This is ridiculous and you can bet your bottom dollar someone will sue. Whoever thought this up should have to have their pants pulled down in front of the entire school.

chrissyk3
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:19 AM
I would be furious. There is no reason in the world that a school nurse should pull down or pull out any of my children's clothing. It goes against what I have told my kids that adults should do. My child would probably feel violated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jcrew6
by Jenney on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Only in Texas? Only. Hrmmm.   So, when TA's fall asleep in a Cali preschool and the kids then begin to perform sexual acts on each other~ is it acceptable to say, Only in California? 

Quoting mikiemom:

only in Texas -

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)