Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

MCCAIN HAMMERS NBC'S GREGORY: 'DO YOU CARE? SHOULDN’T PEOPLE BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE DEATHS OF FOUR AMERICANS?'

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:54 PM
  • 31 Replies
2 moms liked this

17 Feb 2013, 8:58 AM PDT 

Sen. John McCain (R., Ariz.) on “Meet the Press” 

JOHN MCCAIN: We have had two movies about getting bin Laden and we don’t even know who the people were who were evacuated from the consulate the next day after the attack, so there are many, many questions. We have had a massive cover-up on the part of the administration. 

DAVID GREGORY: But a massive cover-up of what? Susan Rice says there was a lot of confusion. 

MCCAIN: I'm asking you, do you care, David — I’m asking you do you care whether four Americans died? The reasons for that? And shouldn’t people be held accountable for the fact that four Americans died? 

GREGORY: You said there is a cover-up. A cover-up of what? A cover-up of what? 

MCCAIN: Of the information concerning the deaths of four brave Americans. The information has not been forthcoming. You can obviously believe that it has. I know that it hasn’t, and I will be glad to send you a list of the questions that have not been answered, including what did the president do and who did he talk to the night of the attack on Benghazi and why was it, why was it that we — that the people who were evacuated from the — from the consulate the next day were not interviewed the next day and then they would have known that it was not a spontaneous demonstration. Why did the president, for two weeks, for two weeks during the heat of the campaign, continue to say he didn’t know whether it was a terrorist attack or not? Is it because it interfered with the line of al Qaeda is decimated and everything’s fine in that part of the world? Maybe. We don’t know. But we need the answers. Then we will reach conclusions, but we have not received the answers and that’s a fact.
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondekosmic15
I love the Fall. Chill in the air decorated w/ bronze leaves & holidays approaching~
Yesterday at 9:49 PM
by Blonde on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM
8 moms liked this

I applaud McCain & a few others for keeping this tragedy alive. The left & this admin are tone death to these murders. They don't give a damn about the horrific events in Benghazi. Ideology trumps everything including human life~

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:29 AM
5 moms liked this

This so out-Watergates Watergate and all the other "-gates" - Most scandals are just embarrassing. But this scandal actually resulted in four people being murdered by terrorists. 

And Hillary Clinton, the Secretary of State, says: "What difference does it make" to know what contributed to the people being murdered?

Indeed.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:30 AM

BUMP!

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah right, these people, who willingly served in an extremely dangerous place- their death's are more tragic, more scandalous than the thousands of lives lost and tens of thousands more maimed going to war in another country under false pretenses.

All violent deaths are disgusting and tragic.  Ones that send soldiers knowingly and willingly into another country on the basis of lies to their deaths is something I can't even wrap my brain around.

Enough of this shit.  You are not honoring these poor people by turning this into a political issue anymore than McCain or any of the other republicans are.  It is turning a terrorist attack that resulted in more senseless killing into something for personal self-serving gain and that makes me sick to my stomach, especially considering all the soldiers who have sacrificed their lives for nothing.  And frankly, this excerpt makes McCain look foolish because he can't even answer the simple question being asked: what massive cover up??

Shame on you for this.  I feel awful for the family members.  I can't imagine what this twisting and demeaning of their loved ones deaths for a political party's own agenda must be doing to them. 

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:04 AM
3 moms liked this

Huh?

That type of statement is the same as spitting on the graves of the dead. 

You just don't want to hold "your guys and gals" accountable for negligence in leading to murders.

But I bet if it were Republicans - absolutely you would hold them accountable.

If it were an American business that did something negligent, which caused four deaths in the same building, in the same city, and dozens of injuries - then damn it, that business needs to be sued to the full extent of the law.

Exactly - except it's the public sector - who all work for you and me! - rather than the private sector.

Quoting idunno1234:

Yeah right, these people, who willingly served in an extremely dangerous place- their death's are more tragic, more scandalous than the thousands of lives lost and tens of thousands more maimed going to war in another country under false pretenses.

All violent deaths are disgusting and tragic.  Ones that send soldiers knowingly and willingly into another country on the basis of lies to their deaths is something I can't even wrap my brain around.

Enough of this shit.  You are not honoring these poor people by turning this into a political issue anymore than McCain or any of the other republicans are.  It is turning a terrorist attack that resulted in more senseless killing into something for personal self-serving gain and that makes me sick to my stomach, especially considering all the soldiers who have sacrificed their lives for nothing.  And frankly, this excerpt makes McCain look foolish because he can't even answer the simple question being asked: what massive cover up??

Shame on you for this.  I feel awful for the family members.  I can't imagine what this twisting and demeaning of their loved ones deaths for a political party's own agenda must be doing to them. 

idunno1234
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:12 AM
3 moms liked this

Huh?  Your response makes utterly no sense, starting with the fact that they're not my "guys and gals ".  I can't stand either party but yeah, Obama and his administration, while admittedly floundering, I believe is less inclined to lead us into a war based on lies.  And no, I don't believe that the Obama Administration contributed to the deaths of these poor people.

My point is you are perverting their deaths by using them to further your own political views.  Just in case I didn't make that clear enough for you.

rocketracer
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Gotta' keep gun running to the Middle East on the downlow....

tooptimistic
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL @  David Gregory.  Meet the Press hasn't been the same since he took over after Tim Russerts Death.  He may as well have on an  I love Obama button as he does his show.

Obama is never going to admit he dropped the ball and didn't do enough in Bengazi.  The press has let him slide on that.

jcribb16
by Primrose Foxglove on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM
3 moms liked this

Actually, the families want justice.  They want answers so they can finally achieve peace.  It must be horrible for them knowing this presidential administration is behind their deaths.  What an awful and callous attitude you have towards this - does this mean you are deliberately standing by this presidential administration with what they did?  How would you feel, asking for help, and being refused, only to be tortured and eventually killed - it matters now with these 4 Americans, because it has happened, recently, under Obama's watch.  

I challenge and applaud those who are going all out with their American loyalty to those 4 other Americans to try and hold the wrong accountable, and help those families finally achieve the answers and peace they so desparately need.

Quoting idunno1234:

steviechick
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Had this happened during the Bush administration the MSM, including Gregory been all over Bush about the total ineptness of the Secy of State, DOJ, et. al actually doing their jobs.  Hilary Clinton simply walks away from a job she utterly failed at and all she gets is an inquiry.  I hope she stays OUT of politics forever.  I'm sick and tired of her and Bill Clinton and their cronism nonsense.  Obama needs to ask for Hagel's exodus and pick out another nominee.  One more worthy of actually being the Secy of Def.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)