Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

$180,000/hour :tax payers cost for AirForce One

Posted by   + Show Post

Shared sacrifice?  You have got to be kidding.

12 million Americans unemployed

47 million on Food stamps

16 Trillion $ National Debt

Keep golfing w/Tiger Woods,BHO.  What a couple of role models.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Replies (81-85):
Trollslayer
by Terica on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

So let's add "not using AF1" onto the long list of things you guys don't want the POTUS to do.

Nope, he can't go on vacation.  Nope, can't go out to eat.  An official trip?  Too expensive.

Seriously, folks.  Stupid.

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Quoting joey125:

Stupid argument, means nothing    All presidents use Air Force 1, get over it and focus on more important issues, this certainly is not one of them.  

$180,000 an hr is not a big deal when it is someone else's money.

We can probably focus on more than one thing at a time,I hope.

clapping

Momniscient
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
It makes me feel like I've won an award. ;)

Quoting PamR:

Momniscient, if those who disagree with you actually have to come up with a playbook to counter your arguments, you must be doing something right.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Trollslayer
by Terica on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

How dare he crew

How dare that black man act like every other President we ever had and use the things they have all used ...

How dare he..

Lol ..YOU people crack me up

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

So let's add "not using AF1" onto the long list of things you guys don't want the POTUS to do.

Nope, he can't go on vacation.  Nope, can't go out to eat.  An official trip?  Too expensive.

Seriously, folks.  Stupid.

Quoting SandyLaxner:

Quoting joey125:

Stupid argument, means nothing    All presidents use Air Force 1, get over it and focus on more important issues, this certainly is not one of them.  

$180,000 an hr is not a big deal when it is someone else's money.

We can probably focus on more than one thing at a time,I hope.

All from a party that ridiculed Marco rubio for drinking from a bottle of WATER?  Pot,meet kettle... 

Giggle.......I cant help but think of the 8.5 million a day given to the Israeli defense which comes out to about 354,166 an hour.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I'm talking about the numbers in my original comment below.

BTW, I like your blue waffle. Why is it blue? Blueberry? Or just for fun? :)

Quoting Momniscient:

You didn't say anything substantive to comment on.

Golf? Um. lol okay.

I don't think anything at all will come of this. Your thinking is too shallow.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Good idea - will do that.

Since this is a MUTUALLY COOPERATIVE venture - Am STILL waiting for you to comment on my actual comments - vs. what you believe to be my reason for stating them - which isn't.

Quoting Momniscient:

Lol.
Since the WH follows Reagan era policy regarding AF1 then I'm guessing President Obama isn't all that chuffed that you hate him based on propaganda. Do you need some resources? This is a good place to start
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS21835.pdf

It's amazing what I can do while passed out waiting for you to display something intelligent. Seriously.
When you can get back to me on the details of official versus unofficial travel and then Compare and contrast with Past Presidential precedent in good times and bad, then I guess we can continue. Then we can breakdown the numbers and compare and contrast those with precedent as well. And THEN we can discuss taxpayers, spending and the military industrial complex. THEN we can talk about how you blame Mr. Obama for the economy (was there discussion of recovery and hostile there? No. Oh okay very telling indeed)

If I'm not dead from all of oxygen.

PS seriously. Coach is gonna be really pissed. The play book was disseminated for a reason and you are losing the game for your team.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Negative. The President controls how much he uses Air Force One - I believe it is in the security line item. Because it is transportation specifically designed and with the capability of extreme secure travel.

So you have no intellectual argument for me, eh?   :(

Disappointed but I'll survive. And continue to use my figures until I am challenged by an intellectual argument.

Thanks anyway. I know you tried. And I appreciate that.

Quoting Momniscient:

Because your ideas and figures are based on the false premise that AF1 has anything to do with Obama and that Obama himself controls Congress.

So. If you'd like to make an intellectual argument I'll wait with baited breath. I'm sure it'll just tickle you to no end when I pass out from waiting so long for your intellectualism to rise to the occasion.

You broke away from the handbook btw lol.

Quoting SallyMJ:

That is a very smart  sort of an argument - only it does not address any of the ideas or figures in my comment.

So - not an intellectual argument.  More like a rant (emotional statement).

Care to try again?

Quoting Momniscient:

lol

This kind of shit is why the Republican party isn't taken seriously much anymore.

Poor sane conservatives. Their inmates are running their asylum.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Hmmm. $180,000 an hour times 100 hours of AF One would provide 300 medium wage jobs. 

So over his first term, a conservative estimate is 1,500 jobs, or 1% of the jobs needed each month.

Not an insignificant presidential accomplishment for the 28 million American people struggling to find fulltime work.

But I suppose golf in various places around the country is more of a priority for a President who identifies with the pain of the American people.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:56 PM

And you,madam,are a poopy head. 

Quoting romalove:

I'm not understanding what this post is supposed to accomplish.

It's just a bash the President post.

You don't like the President.

Well, me neither, but not because of stupid crap like this. 

I dislike policies and the direction of the country.  I dislike that our healthcare is about to sink the economy under the ACA rules.

I dislike that we are not making forward progress in educating Americans for the jobs upcoming as opposed to churning out graduates to flip burgers.

I dislike lots of things, but how much is spent on AF1 when all the Presidents have its use is stupid, IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)