Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

COLORADO MORONS WANT TO LEAVE WOMEN DEFENSELESS: "VOMITING OR URINATING" BETTER THAN CARRYING A GUN

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 14 Replies

February 18, 2013 06:36 PM • By Michelle Malkin

Something that will make your blood boil, especially the womenfolk out there:

Here’s what the University of Colorado- Colorado Springs advises innocent victims to do when they fall prey to attackers:

What To Do If You Are Attacked

These tips are designed to help you protect yourself on campus, in town, at your home, or while you travel. These are preventative tips and are designed to instruct you in crime prevention tactics.

Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.

Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.

They forgot some other surefire deterrents:

- Dress up as a Code Pink activist.

- Offer your attacker a joint. It’s legal in Colorado!

- If vomiting or urinating doesn’t work, try passing gas.

“Passive resistance” is what the gun-grabbers want to impose on all of us.

Time to fight like a girl.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:05 PM
2 moms liked this

The REAL War on Women:

- Sustained High Unemployment  / Insufficient Economic growth

- War on Self protection for women

Time to fight like a girl!

jessilin0113
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I don't get why it's outrageous?  It doesn't say DON'T carry a gun, or do this instead of carrying a gun, as far as I can see.  The tips are gross, but not so far out there. 

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, they are definitely "out there" and could accurately be called old-school misogynistic.

Quoting jessilin0113:

I don't get why it's outrageous?  It doesn't say DON'T carry a gun, or do this instead of carrying a gun, as far as I can see.  The tips are gross, but not so far out there. 

jessilin0113
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I guess I could see that.  I took it as fairly reasonable advice for somebody who may not know much self defense and isn't comfortable with a gun.  If it was coupled with "join us for kickboxing classes and target shooting", would it have made you feel better?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Yeah, they are definitely "out there" and could accurately be called old-school misogynistic.

Quoting jessilin0113:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you that kickboxing is a good self-defense technique, but not everyone has the finances or time for that. Seriously, a firearm is less expensive.

More importantly, kickboxing is for up close defense - and is useless with a shooter at a distance or even up close.

Kickboxing would have had zero effect at any of the mass shootings, or even the one-on-one shootings that account for 98.5% of shooting homicides.

Quoting jessilin0113:

I guess I could see that.  I took it as fairly reasonable advice for somebody who may not know much self defense and isn't comfortable with a gun.  If it was coupled with "join us for kickboxing classes and target shooting", would it have made you feel better?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Did everyone that couldn't afford to stay in California move to Colorado?

JustCJ
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I heard also to stick your hand in your butt and rub it on yourself so you repulse your attacker. OMGHAHAHAHAHA

jessilin0113
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:07 PM
*shrug* What should they say then? Get a gun, like it or not? Not everybody is comfortable with a gun and if self defense is ineffective, what advice do you give?

Quoting SallyMJ:

I agree with you that kickboxing is a good self-defense technique, but not everyone has the finances or time for that. Seriously, a firearm is less expensive.

More importantly, kickboxing is for up close defense - and is useless with a shooter at a distance or even up close.

Kickboxing would have had zero effect at any of the mass shootings, or even the one-on-one shootings that account for 98.5% of shooting homicides.

Quoting jessilin0113:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Agreed - Give people a choice. I wish other people would do that!   :)

Quoting jessilin0113:

*shrug* What should they say then? Get a gun, like it or not? Not everybody is comfortable with a gun and if self defense is ineffective, what advice do you give?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jessilin0113:

jessilin0113
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see where they limit choice. It doesn't say DON'T carry a gun.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Agreed - Give people a choice. I wish other people would do that!   :)

Quoting jessilin0113:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jessilin0113:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN