Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

BILL MAHER, ALEC BALDWIN HEAD HOLLYWOOD'S PROTECTED CLASS OF HATERS

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:17 AM
  • 153 Replies

Comedian Bill Maher and Alec Baldwin appear to have nothing in common on the surface.

Maher is the hard-left pundit behind HBO's long-running Real Time with Bill Maher, while the 30 Rock star transitioned from handsome leading man to comical character actor.

Yet both represent a new breed of entertainer, folks who can do or say virtually anything without getting so much as a stern look from their peers.

Their common bonds? Liberalism, and a modicum of talent.

Baldwin proved this anew when he confronted a black New York Post photographer earlier this week and let loose with a series of racially charged comments (Baldwin denies he did so, but New York city officials are investigating the incident and the photographer stands by his account).

Some media outlets reported the incident. Others ignored it. Either way, it was essentially a one-day story. Ho hum. How many sips did Sen. Marco Rubio take out of that water bottle again?

Maher used his Twitter account today to pile some new hate against the GOP. This time, Maher attacked former Presidential Candidate Herman Cain in terms that would have gotten a conservative actor fired from any and all gigs he or she had now ... or in the near future.

Bill Maher Herman Cain tweet

This hardly marks the first, second or fifth time Maher has said something cruel or vile. Heck, he once mocked Sarah Palin's family - including her special needs child.

Houdini couldn't escape the media outrage from such a slam. But Maher is no Houdini. He's a progressive activist given carte blanche by the media, the same free service provided to Baldwin.

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Two of the most famous, most respected racists on the planet.

Couldn't happen to nicer pals.

blondekosmic15
by Blonde on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:42 AM
3 moms liked this

I've never liked Bill Maher. The man's disgusting! Following Steve Irwin's death Maher dressed up in this Holloween costume to mock the man. Bill Maher could care less about Steve's wife & 2 children. The pain his wife was enduring from losing her husband. Steve's kids losing their dad. Maher is pathetic!

Don't care for Alec Baldwin. The fruits of Hollyweird.

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Quoting SallyMJ:

If he'd said "fine-ass women", then given Cain's record with women that would be an on-topic hit:

Woman Accuses Cain of Groping

Herman Cain's Women: GOP Candidate Accused Of Sexual Harassment, Affair

Is the addition of "white" justified in there, given that all the women he is accused of harassing appear to be white (from a scan of the pictures in the newspaper articles, I don't know it for certain) ?

Dubious.  I can see a case to argue for it, but I personally wouldn't have done that; and I think he'll get hammered for it.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:45 AM
9 moms liked this

Alec Baldwin should have been done when the recording of him talking to his daughter was released.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:33 AM
3 moms liked this

That is disgusting. Even the hairstyle. Shows the sorry state of his heart.

And fits in quite well with this topic that is about lack of empathy toward some people.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

I've never liked Bill Maher. The man's disgusting! Following Steve Irwin's death Maher dressed up in this Holloween costume to mock the man. Bill Maher could care less about Steve's wife & 2 children. The pain his wife was enduring from losing her husband. Steve's kids losing their dad. Maher is pathetic!

Don't care for Alec Baldwin. The fruits of Hollyweird.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:35 AM

They are both wrong - but I always thought libs thought sexual misconduct was OK. (When it happens to liberals).

And you are again saying by your comment that does not address the issue - that it is OK for liberals to be racist?

That is the whole point of the article.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting SallyMJ:

If he'd said "fine-ass women", then given Cain's record with women that would be an on-topic hit:

Woman Accuses Cain of Groping

Herman Cain's Women: GOP Candidate Accused Of Sexual Harassment, Affair

Is the addition of "white" justified in there, given that all the women he is accused of harassing appear to be white (from a scan of the pictures in the newspaper articles, I don't know it for certain) ?

Dubious.  I can see a case to argue for it, but I personally wouldn't have done that; and I think he'll get hammered for it.

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Quoting SallyMJ:

I always thought libs thought sexual misconduct was OK.

You think libs think it is ok for a man to grope a woman, without her consent?

You think libs think it is ok for a man to break his wedding vows to his wife, without the wife's consent?

Clairwil
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Quoting SallyMJ:
Quoting Clairwil:

And you are again saying by your comment that does not address the issue - that it is OK for liberals to be racist?

No, I don't think it is ok for anyone to be racist (meaning "discriminate negatively against an individual based solely upon which race that individual is a member of").

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

My questions as well.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting SallyMJ:

I always thought libs thought sexual misconduct was OK.

You think libs think it is ok for a man to grope a woman, without her consent?

You think libs think it is ok for a man to break his wedding vows to his wife, without the wife's consent?

Dee0886
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Because we live in a country where celebrities AREN'T running the country, aren't neccessarily taken seriously just because you don't like what they say..who cares? They don't make laws...Marco Rubio has influence..sort of..on our country...so he's obviously closly scrutenized. What about the disgusting things Rush has to say? People like you give dumbasses like them way too much power.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)