Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Question of Loyalty

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:10 AM
  • 84 Replies

And another question of curiousity this morning (I'm brimming with questions today lol).

The story about Thirty One Gifts and the previous discussions on Hobby Lobby got me to thinking.  It is clear there are some companies that are unabashedly religious in nature, declaring their love for God or Jesus or specific religion.  I remember going to a Stampin' Up party and finding that the company was owned by Mormons (the party I attended, the host was Mormon and the ladies were mostly Mormon and discussing that aspect of the company).

I don't think much about religion in my real life, so it doesn't occur to me to know about the religious background and/or nature of a company I may be a customer of.  But there are others who seem to know and care.

So my question is....

Are you influenced by the religious background/nature/standing of a company?  Are you only influenced to try and support a company if it has religious affiliation like yours?  Or would you also avoid a company if it had a religious affiliation you did not support?

Thanks in advance for answers.  :-)

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:22 AM
No. I am not a religious person and I love chic Fila! Lol

For the most part I don't really care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Quoting romalove:

And another question of curiousity this morning (I'm brimming with questions today lol).

The story about Thirty One Gifts and the previous discussions on Hobby Lobby got me to thinking.  It is clear there are some companies that are unabashedly religious in nature, declaring their love for God or Jesus or specific religion.  I remember going to a Stampin' Up party and finding that the company was owned by Mormons (the party I attended, the host was Mormon and the ladies were mostly Mormon and discussing that aspect of the company).

I don't think much about religion in my real life, so it doesn't occur to me to know about the religious background and/or nature of a company I may be a customer of.  But there are others who seem to know and care.

So my question is....

Are you influenced by the religious background/nature/standing of a company?  Are you only influenced to try and support a company if it has religious affiliation like yours?  Or would you also avoid a company if it had a religious affiliation you did not support?

Oh my God, er Gosh.

Were you okay, you weren't harmed were you?

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting romalove:

So my question is....

Oh my God, er Gosh.

No, I survived the experience.  I was at the party because I am friends with a few Mormom ladies.  They actually like me, don't get too startled.

Now do you have an answer to my question?

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

No. I am not a religious person and I love chic Fila! Lol

For the most part I don't really care

Thanks for your response.

I have never had Chik Fil A.  I think there used to be one in Edison, but we never thought to frequent it.  We don't do much fast food in general, though.

Billiejeens
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting romalove:

So my question is....

Oh my God, er Gosh.

No, I survived the experience.  I was at the party because I am friends with a few Mormom ladies.  They actually like me, don't get too startled.

Since I am not a religious zealot or a non-religious zealous as you are, the relgious part plays very little role in my choices. Supporting CFA is politcal support for me, not a religious one.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting romalove:

So my question is....

Oh my God, er Gosh.

Since I am not a religious zealot or a non-religious zealous as you are, the relgious part plays very little role in my choices. Supporting CFA is politcal support for me, not a religious one.

I'm not a non-religious zealot and your saying so doesn't make me any different than what I am.

I noticed you enlarged the part about Stampin' Up and it's Mormon roots, but you completely missed where I said that in my real life I don't think much about religion.

Wanting people to be treated equally and wanting religion to be in its proper place in society, meaning outside governmental arenas but thriving as much as people wish to have it in private (even private public arenas, which are very large) does not make me a "non religion zealot".

It's too bad you can't evaluate any post on its merits without having to ask me to reiterate what I've explained to you numerous times.

Billiejeens
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting romalove:

I'm not a non-religious zealot and your saying so doesn't make me any different than what I am.

I noticed you enlarged the part about Stampin' Up and it's Mormon roots, but you completely missed where I said that in my real life I don't think much about religion.

Wanting people to be treated equally and wanting religion to be in its proper place in society, meaning outside governmental arenas but thriving as much as people wish to have it in private (even private public arenas, which are very large) does not make me a "non religion zealot".

It's too bad you can't evaluate any post on its merits without having to ask me to reiterate what I've explained to you numerous times.

Don't know you IRL, on here you are not only an anti-religion zealot, you are THE anti-religion zealot, there are others, but they do not articulate the militancy as well as you.

romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting romalove:

Don't know you IRL, on here you are not only an anti-religion zealot, you are THE anti-religion zealot, there are others, but they do not articulate the militancy as well as you.

How stupid.

Really, how stupid.

You clearly don't know the meaning of the words "zealot" or "militancy".

What a shame.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:53 AM
9 moms liked this
You militant non religious zealot!

Lol

....some people just tag you with names because you are smarter than they and can argue a legit point of view and it pisses them off

Take it as a compliment, smart women offend them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by SenseandSensibility on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

You militant non religious zealot!

Lol

....some people just tag you with names because you are smarter than they and can argue a legit point of view and it pisses them off

Take it as a compliment, smart women offend them

Thank you!  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)