Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama: American Families ‘Have Been Getting Battered Pretty Good The Last 4 Years’ [On My Watch]

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 11 Replies

President Obama, from press conference on 3/1/13:

“I am saying that everybody is going to have to do something, and the one key to this whole thing is trying to make sure we keep in mind who we are here for. We’re not here for ourselves, we’re not here for our parties. We’re not here to advance our electoral prospects. We’re here for American families who have been getting battered pretty good over the last four years, are just starting to see the economy improved. Businesses are just starting to see some confidence coming back, and this is not a win for anybody. This is a loss for the American people.”

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM
6 moms liked this

If everybody brings a little cup of tar and a feather, everybody could toss him out in style. Sorry O, but the only thing I want to do is celebrate the end of 'your' watch (not that I've noticed him actually paying much attention ... where was he while Benghazi was going down again ???).

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Global recession starting in 2007

Slow recovery

Do nothing but harm congress

And you blame the President

Typical
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:56 PM
3 moms liked this

It's amazing how pathological liars can keep a straight face and convince so many people they are sincere.  Of course they are all there to promote their own political interests.  He got re-elected so he's safe.  But he's looking out for his fellow progressives/libs/dems.

29again
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM
4 moms liked this

I know who HE is there for, and it sure isn't me or anyone I know...  Does he really believe what he is saying?  Does he realize how absurd he sounds?  I just want to know WHEN he is going to start doing what he says, instead of mouthing platitudes that sound good, and then running us over with more and more regulations and rules that mess up our lives even more.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Obama never said they did "well", only "good", which is an adjective, when an adverb is needed.

I think there is meaning there.

I miss diagramming sentences...JUST KIDDING!

Billiejeens
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
This is the boy's real genius, 4 years into his Presidency he is still running as an outsider, trying to do good, but thwarted by those bastards in Washington.

Of course having a complicit media, and a dumb mass citizenry, doesn't hurt.
Billiejeens
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Quoting Farmlady09:

If everybody brings a little cup of tar and a feather, everybody could toss him out in style. Sorry O, but the only thing I want to do is celebrate the end of 'your' watch (not that I've noticed him actually paying much attention ... where was he while Benghazi was going down again ???).

I don't know how literal you are being, I personally am stunned he is still in office, that he hasn't been removed by a patriot(s).

Are there no men left in this country?
sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:50 PM
No patriot can remove him from office

They would need to impeach him and as John McCain stated, he hasn't done anything worth impeachment

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Farmlady09:

I don't know how literal you are being, I personally am stunned he is still in office, that he hasn't been removed by a patriot(s).

Are there no men left in this country?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Any patriot can remove him.
John McCain is not the final authority on anything.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Any patriot cannot remove him

He hasn't done anything to be removed for

You may hate America, but you still have to abide by its system. He was twice elected, the people prefer him to what was offered.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Any patriot can remove him.

John McCain is not the final authority on anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)