President Obama Blasts Republicans for 'Dumb Cuts' Made During His Sequester Process
Here‚Äôs the deal: if you are the one of 313,914,040 Americans who becomes President of the United States, you bear responsibilities for the office and the outcome of its policies.
Such is the case with Obama‚Äôs sequester, whose disruptive effects are being blamed on Republicans. Why? Because the Democrats virtually own the mainstream media. The $85 billion in budget cuts starting March 1st comes out of yearly government spending of at least $3.6 trillion. Can‚Äôt find a way to make that work?
Let‚Äôs take a look at some ‚Äúdumb spending,‚ÄĚ shall we? Time magazine reported that Obama‚Äôs $787 billion ‚Äústimulus‚ÄĚ package [now evaluated at around $812 billion], which no GOP in the House voted for, failed by its own measures. Unemployment is still around 8%, while it was predicted to be closer to 5%.
So let‚Äôs recall that first-term candidate Barack Obama publicly promised to go ‚Äúline by line‚ÄĚ through legislation to remove wasteful earmarks. And then he signed off on spending for this:
- Obama stimulus gave $200,000 to teach Siberian lawmakers how to engage Russian policy makers in Moscow.
- Gave $500,000 for a consultant to figure out how to put microchips in recycling bins to check up on the recycling efforts of Dayton, Ohio citizens.
- $5 million to create a geothermal energy system for the Oak Ridge City Center shopping mall in Oak Ridge, Tenn.
- $9.38 million to renovate a century-old train depot in Lancaster County, Pa., that has not been used for three decades.
- Provided $712,000 spent on a project by researchers at Northwestern University to develop ‚Äúmachine-generated humor.‚ÄĚ