Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The 7 Sins

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM
  • 32 Replies
2 moms liked this

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustCJ
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Do you think being a blasphemer is fucking funny? What's the last grade level you completed? Unbelievable the asshatery in this group lately.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Misinterpretations on purpose? I find a lot of stuff like that comes from thinking of God along human finite terms without understanding. For one thing, God does not run around punishing people, but through our own stupidity and sins we bring pain upon ourselves and our fellow man. You know, like you allow your child to have repercussions for their actions in hopes that they will learn to make a better choice next time.

NewMom11222011
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM

While I'm not a fan of the content of the posting, if you're supposedly representing God's side you may want to tone down the swearing and rhetoric.  I can see those who don't believe in God saying, "There's another hypocrite."

Quoting JustCJ:

Do you think being a blasphemer is fucking funny? What's the last grade level you completed? Unbelievable the asshatery in this group lately.

Mama2Spencerninja

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Clearly has no understanding of God. 

JustCJ
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM

LMAO define rhetoric..I wasn't stating anything I was asking questions. I believe in respect for all beliefs, Nice assumption though lol....

Quoting NewMom11222011:

While I'm not a fan of the content of the posting, if you're supposedly representing God's side you may want to tone down the swearing and rhetoric.  I can see those who don't believe in God saying, "There's another hypocrite."

Quoting JustCJ:

NewMom11222011
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Typically when one calls another person a blasphemer it is because the "caller" believes in the deity/belief system which the "blasphemer" is "mocking".  Happy to hear that you respect all beliefs, with the possible exception of that of the OP.

Quoting JustCJ:

LMAO define rhetoric..I wasn't stating anything I was asking questions. I believe in respect for all beliefs, Nice assumption though lol....

Quoting NewMom11222011:

Quoting JustCJ:

Mama2Spencerninja

JustCJ
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM

So you agree the OP was mocking? Why should I have to respect a mockery? I said I respect all beliefs.

Quoting NewMom11222011:

Typically when one calls another person a blasphemer it is because the "caller" believes in the deity/belief system which the "blasphemer" is "mocking".  Happy to hear that you respect all beliefs, with the possible exception of that of the OP.

Quoting JustCJ:

Quoting NewMom11222011:

Quoting JustCJ:

NewMom11222011
by Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I don't agree with what she said, but I think she has the right to believe it regardless of my perception of it being mocking to those who believe in God. 

I might try to persuade her that her point of view is wrong, but she is entitled to believe it none the less.  Tolerance cuts a number of ways.  Many people who are quite educated would concur with her way of thinking as many very educated people are atheists.  Being smart doesn't make them right, don't get me wrong. 

Many religious posters on CM make derogatory remarks to people like the OP and that's not any less disrespectful than what she is doing posting her views of God, in my opinion.

Mama2Spencerninja

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM

God doesn't insist anyone pay tithes and offerings.  They are completely voluntary.  The New Testament never once instructs followers to pay tithes.

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 2:00 PM
3 moms liked this

I just don't understand how it is possible to hate something you don't believe in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)