Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Is anyone paying attention to China?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM
  • 23 Replies

I am not seeing this in the News, but the US is doing a silent build up of troops in Japan.  I know two people who are being deployed to Japan, and the tension over the oil in the south sea is the reason.  The sea is supposed to contain a lot of oil, but the territory is claimed by Taiwan, The P.I., Vietnam, Japan and India.

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rccmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this

It is almost like the US news doesn't want us to notice China. Our news outlets tends to do a terrible job on actual news anyway. China internally is having issues also, but that is seldom covered also. 

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

It does seem that way.

Quoting rccmom:

It is almost like the US news doesn't want us to notice China. Our news outlets tends to do a terrible job on actual news anyway. China internally is having issues also, but that is seldom covered also. 

coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Nope..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I don't think we wanna fuck with China right now.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Quoting JustCJ:

I don't think we wanna fuck with China right now.

But we are. I don't understand what China hopes to gain by engaging us. We makes lots of money for them by buying their products. 

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Mar. 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Actually a Ton of Marines are being removed from Japan not added...

Most bases in Japan are losing personnel because of constant complaints from the locals. 9,000 are being removed at first and dispersed between Guam, Australia, & Hawaii.

(This way the US can keep their large presence in the Pacific because yes we like to keep an eye on China).

As for you having two friends deploying to Japan... That's not that odd this time of year. MEUs & other "deployments" to Japan are a constant occurrence on a rotating schedule. My husband has gone twice and will be going again soon. It's usually a trip to Japan, Guam, and other Pacific Islands for training...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikiemom
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM

this, and add to the fact the the American public isn't and shouldn't be informed of everything going on. To think they should be shows an extreme lack of understanding of the world.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Most bases in Japan are losin personnel because of constant complaints from the locals. 9,000 are being removed at first as dispersed between Guam, Australia, & Hawaii.

(This way the US can keep their large presence in the Pacific because yes we like to keep an eye on China).

As for you having two friends deploying to Japan... That's not that odd this time of year. MEUs & other "deployments" to Japan are a constant occurrence on a rotating schedule. My husband has gone twice and will be going again soon. It's usually a trip to Japan, Guam, and other Pacific Islands for training...

rccmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM

That is true, but I think there is a whole lot we don't hear about because many of our news outlets are lazy, or they think the story won't generate a following, so they don't pursue it.

Quoting mikiemom:

this, and add to the fact the the American public isn't and shouldn't be informed of everything going on. To think they should be shows an extreme lack of understanding of the world.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Most bases in Japan are losin personnel because of constant complaints from the locals. 9,000 are being removed at first as dispersed between Guam, Australia, & Hawaii.

rccmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I find the buildup in Australia to be very intesting, for selfish reasons among others. Maybe my hubby can get a TDY there and I could tag along.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

mikiemom
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I don't know about lazy. uninformed for a reason yes. I just don't get why some in the American public think they need to be informed of everything? Egocentric much?

Quoting rccmom:

That is true, but I think there is a whole lot we don't hear about because many of our news outlets are lazy, or they think the story won't generate a following, so they don't pursue it.

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN