Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

This made me wonder and I had to bring it here

Posted by   + Show Post

Can someone tell me why?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
LucyMom08
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Anders Breivig...the crazy Christian that killed a bunch of teens in Norway in 2011...

Quoting SallyMJ:

Sorry, I don't recognize anyone. They just look like nondescript men to me. Names would be helpful.

If Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, or Ted Kazinski (sp?)  were there, I definitely would recognize them.

Quoting Raintree:

There's a mass murderer in that top row.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Nobody does that I'm aware of.

The problem is that Muslims in the bottom row murder people. Huge difference.

But a good point if there are some who paint them with a broad brush.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM

have a good night 

Quoting LucyMom08:

Anders Breivig...the crazy Christian that killed a bunch of teens in Norway in 2011...

Quoting SallyMJ:

Sorry, I don't recognize anyone. They just look like nondescript men to me. Names would be helpful.

If Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, or Ted Kazinski (sp?)  were there, I definitely would recognize them.

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting SallyMJ:

oh...

have a good night

LucyMom08
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Ok? Goodnight...

Quoting SandyLaxner:

have a good night 

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting SallyMJ:

oh...

have a good night

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Hahah she said friendly!

It's sad the meme needed to be made...but some still wont get it

Quoting blues_pagan:

LOL what???  Isn't this the place for friendly debate?

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

GIGGLESNORT

popcorn

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raintree
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Oh god.

Apart from being brought up in a predominantly Christian part of the globe, none of those you mentioned were in any way claiming Christianity. You might want to brush up on recent history a bit.

You've got from left to right, Fred Phelps, the founder of Westboro Baptist Church, no doubt yelling about gay people, Anders Behring Breivik who killed 70 + people in Norway in 2011, Pastor Terry Jones, head of "dove outreach" and the idea man behind the burn the koran day, and Todd Akin, who is really just a dumbass politician from the state of Missouri. He thinks women have special secretions that keep them from getting pregnant during a rape.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Raintree
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:16 PM

mmkay.

Quoting SandyLaxner:

have a good night 

Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting SallyMJ:

oh...

have a good night

Jackie0000
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I do not see religion?? 

Jackie0000
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I dont think they should be labeled at all. In one way or another arent they all terrorists. Has nothing to do with Christanity or Muslims. Just a thought

Quoting SallyMJ:

stacymomof2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM

People are ignorant and believe the things they are told without question.  That's why.

I have an example of a conversation someone had with my close friend.  He told my friend that Muslim men could go to a stip club as long as they only looked at the women in a mirror.  Like there is some way they think they can sidestep a sin by using a mirror.  This guy fully believed it, and when my friend said no, I know some Muslims, they consider it a sin to go to a stip bar at all, he said that she had been lied to by any Muslim who told her that. Which, he told her, Muslims are able to do because they are allowed to lie.

He added the further nugget of wisdom that when Muslims are not presented a foot bath in which to wash their feet as part of abolutions before they pray, they wash their feet in a toilet.

There is nothing that could be said to that guy by a Muslim or non Muslim to prove him wrong.  He will only believe information that agrees with his misinformation.

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:30 AM

The majority of mass murderers are white males.

Do they represent ALL white males?  No.

What I find most odd is that many people who are anti-muslim (or, think they are not bigoted but don't realize how bigoted their justifications seem) are typically unable to distinguish between Arab, Persian, Palestinian, etc and the fact that being Arab doesn't mean you are Muslim.

I remember a few years ago some idiot posted in another forum about how she wanted all Arabs in the US to be "sent back home" and I asked her if she could include Paula Abdul but not Shakira.  LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)