Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Army Suspends Tuition Assistance Program

Posted by   + Show Post

Please read and sign! This is so important! TIA 

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/reinstate-military-tuition-assistance-ta-and-block-armed-service-branches-any-further-suspension-ta/kSyVdySm

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:14 AM
Replies (11-13):
ashleywright88
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Well thank goodness, but I still don't agree with the idea to cut from the people who sacrifice for us. There families suffer, they suffer, and we still screw them in the end :(

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Military still qualify for Pell Grants.

Quoting ashleywright88:

Why should they have to cut TA for Military? These people go and protect our freedom, they serve this country and deserve their tuition assistance! CUT PELL GRANTS! Why should someone who fought for their country have to lose their benefits while American citizen's can still recieve help with tuition? WTF?!

Photobucket

stringtheory
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Well, officially Coast Guard included in the TA loss...though I'm paid for (through Pell Grants) until the end of summer anyway...And then I'll have more pell grant money. Hopefully, I'll get my degree and still hand off the GI Bill to my dd. It's still way easier than when I was waiting tables trying to go to school...

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Obama at his finest.  He could have used his discretion to apportion sequester cuts so they make it as PAINLESS as possible for the American people.

But obviously he didn't choose that route, but instead to make things as PAINFUL as possible to Americans. For political reasons. And then say it is the fault of Congress. Pisses me off. He can be such a tool.

Is this hope and change? Are we moving forward yet? - No and hell no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)