Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TOM BROKAW: OBAMA SPENDS TOO MUCH TIME CAMPAIGNING

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:19 AM
  • 19 Replies

Former NBC News anchor Tom Brokaw made an appearance on MSNBC's The Cycle on March 4 and criticized President Obama for campaigning too much instead of governing. Brokaw also castigated Obama for refusing to negotiate with Republicans over the budget impasse and the sequester cuts.

Progressive panel member Touré asked Brokaw if the budget impasse was because the GOP is "refusing" to work with Obama because they are "incented to not work with the president."

Brokaw replied that he didn't think that Republicans were flat out refusing to work with the President but don't want to give away too much. Brokaw went on to lament that Obama is doing little else but demonizing the GOP instead of looking for ways to work with them.

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:45 AM
2 moms liked this

He's got a point.

FINALLY, someone on the left sees the problem - that Obama is the source of his own problems on the sequester negotiations.

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Instead of going by brietbart's 2 second blurb about the interview, you can actually watch it.  It's quite interesting:

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/03/04/playing-chicken-tom-brokaw-on-d-c-dysfunction/

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM
3 moms liked this

You mean someone besides us? LOL

It's about time someone spoke out about Barry's LACK of governing.

Quoting SallyMJ:

He's got a point.

FINALLY, someone on the left sees the problem - that Obama is the source of his own problems on the sequester negotiations.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have."---Thomas Jefferson

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow......Brokaw sipped a little truth serum this morning or what?

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe Obama heard the interview and that is why he has started the "charm" thing by inviting the reps out to dinner? I love how the WH is trying to spin this working with reps as business as usual. Did any of them not hear the many speeches blaming everything on the reps?

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:20 PM
4 moms liked this

i posted an article by Krauthammer where he said essentially the same thing.  The sequester is Obama's adm's design so he can blame them.  He stays in campaign mode so he can vilify the right, it's all he really knows to do.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Watched the video clip - I don't see the problem. Breitbart pulled out Brokaw's take on the negotiating differences between Obama and Congress.

This is an accurate summary of the differences between both parties. BB didn't say it was a transcript.

Are you always so combative with conservatives in anything we do or say?  Can't you discuss in a courteous way?

And supposedly you are a "tolerant" member of the "tolerant" party. Especially for different points of view, huh? Geez.

I'm talking about your all your interactions as a whole and your mostly negative tone. It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable.

Please take off the boxing gloves, set down the megaphone, and put away the Occupy movement tent. My gosh. How do you get along with others in your personal life who are not like you? How can you live with yourself when you treat people this way? Or are you just less charitable to conservatives online?

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Instead of going by brietbart's 2 second blurb about the interview, you can actually watch it.  It's quite interesting:

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Wow.  You got all of that out of two sentences of text?  In which I provide the link to the actual interview and recommend it?

Okey dokey, then...  Let me just crawl on back into my Occupy tent and count my joints.  Shit, woman.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Listened to it - I don't see the problem. Breitbart pulled out Brokaw's take on the negotiating differences between Obama and Congress.

This is an accurate summary of the differences between both parties. BB didn't say it was a transcript.

Are you always so combative with conservatives in anything we do or say?  Can't you discuss in a courteous way?

And supposedly you are a "tolerant" member of the "tolerant" party. Especially for different points of view, huh? Geez.

I'm talking about your all your interactions as a whole and your mostly negative tone. It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable.

Please take off the boxing gloves, set down the megaphone, and put away the Occupy movement tent. My gosh. How do you get along with others not like you in your personal life? How do you live with yourself when you treat people this way? Or are you just less charitable online?

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Citygirlk
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I agree it's time to stop talking about getting things done and blaming others (everyone is to blame) and do what he was hired to do, the same goes for congress and the senate. I'm beyond sick of their partisan bull.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Ya think? You would guess they would start in the second term at least without having to be asked.

Hell - they should have started on Day 1 of the first term.

Pisses me off. This isn't supposed to be four or eight years of being the King of America and an Academy Award celebrity.

Quoting Citygirlk:

I agree it's time to stop talking about getting things done and blaming others (everyone is to blame) and do what he was hired to do, the same goes for congress and the senate. I'm beyond sick of their partisan bull.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)