Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

New pope elected doesn't support gay marriage......

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM
  • 179 Replies
What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I am lutheran not catholic but I also oppose gay marriage. If you are a catholic how do you feel about this? Do you share his belief or do you oppose it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delilahsmom1177
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

He also said gay adoption is child abuse. What 7 hours as pope and already I hate him.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

momof2grls629
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Lol, ok, I didn't here that part but thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

He also said gay adoption is child abuse. What 7 hours as pope and already I hate him.

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:28 PM
6 moms liked this

I agree with him. My thoughts?  There was absolutely zero chance of a pro-gay marriage Pope. So, it's no surprise. 

paknari
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I never thought a pope would be elected that supports gay marriage. I'm also Lutheran and I belong to the ELCA and they support gay marriage but I didnt think that any catholic church supported it at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LIMom1105
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Not surprising. He is the Pope, and the Catholic church does not condone gay marriage. I am not saying the Church view is right, but I can see why they would choose someone who supports the views of the Church. He is also not pro choice.

delilahsmom1177
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:36 PM

DO you also agree that gay adoption is child abuse?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I agree with him. My thoughts?  There was absolutely zero chance of a pro-gay marriage Pope. So, it's no surprise. 

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM
5 moms liked this

Yes, I do believe that depriving a child of two opposite sex parents is akin to child abuse. 

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:46 PM
7 moms liked this

The Catholic church follows the Bible and well...their interpretation of it. It's the foundation of their beliefs. Just like any other religion. Baptists read and follow the Bible, etc....

I'm NOT surprised at all that the Pope, or ANY Catholic clergy does not support gay marriage, gay adoption or being gay as a lifestyle. Having the Catholic church support gay adoption, would mean they support being gay. It's the Catholic church's stance, that it's an "abomination", that marriage is between one man and one woman.

IMHO, anyone who believes or expects the Catholic church to change their stance on being gay, gay marriage and gay adoption, will be severely disappointed.

I am not angry, or disappointed or surprised.

It is what it is...it's not going to change. Expecting, hoping and getting peeved because it doesn't IMHO, is a waste of energy...

delilahsmom1177
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Wow really? WOuldn't you rather them have a loving home than an overcrowded foster home?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Yes, I do believe that depriving a child of two opposite sex parents is akin to child abuse. 

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Dee0886
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
What pope had ever supported gay marriage. An yes I support it 100%. Who are you to decide who can love and marry who? It's not ur business.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN