Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

S/O Should women have access to birth control legally removed? Poll only, nothing partisan here. Please vote.

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM
  • 43 Replies

Poll

Question: Should birth control, other than NFP, be outlawed?

Options:

Yes

No

Other, with explaination

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

S/O of PP thread....But I would like to hear from you REGARDLESS of political, religious affiliation and separate from what you think about PP please....

Do you believe we should remove all legal access to birth control for women?

Neon Washable Paint

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM

No way.  Beyond the fact that being able to choose the size of one's family is at the heart of freedom, it is in society's best interest that people be able to limit the size of their families.

trippyhippy
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I find it hillarious that the people that are for this say they are for small government.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Give them their big gulps

But women making their own medical choices? Pfft

Quoting trippyhippy:

I find it hillarious that the people that are for this say they are for small government.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM
7 moms liked this

Irrelevant question - no one is proposing LEGALLY REMOVING ACCESS to birth control..

They are protesting legally forcing employers to have to PAY for it. Women still have access.

Huge difference. But the left purposely distorts this issue ALL THE TIME, in order to deliberately inaccurately frame the actual issue.

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:22 AM

No one is claiming that...This is not about paying for it yourself of any actual real government legislation. This is why I specifically stated that this was not a partisan question, but one of personal opinion.

A poster in another thread stated that they would like to see all forms of birth control removed from access for women. 

I simply want to know how many share that view.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Irrelevant question - no one is proposing LEGALLY REMOVING ACCESS to birth control..

They are protesting legally forcing employers to have to PAY for it. Women still have access.

Huge difference. But the left purposely distorts this issue ALL THE TIME, in order to deliberately inaccurately frame the actual issue.

Neon Washable Paint

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM
2 moms liked this

It IS a partisan issue - because the question assumes something that is incorrect.

Therefore I can't vote.

It is similar (only in inaccurate theory) to ask the old query, "How long have you beatenyour wife, and when did you stop?"

Both questions assume something that is not true. Whether you believe it is not partisan - it is.

If you want a better question, it would be something like: "Do you think taxpayers should fund birth control or not?" That is the true question.

Quoting NWP:

No one is claiming that...This is not about paying for it yourself of any actual real government legislation. This is why I specifically stated that this was not a partisan question, but one of personal opinion.

A poster in another thread stated that they would like to see all forms of birth control removed from access for women. 

Quoting SallyMJ:

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I find it more hilarious, that people are focused on such inane issues

Quoting trippyhippy:

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM

No, it isn't partisan to ask your moral opinion.

Morality isn't partisan, regardless of what some think. Geeezz...

Do you/have you used birth control other than NFP? Do you think it is "wrong" for other women to be able to use other forms of birth control?

That is a very simple question. And granted, I probably should have worded it like that because then it makes more sense what I am asking.

Quoting SallyMJ:

It IS a partisan issue - because the question assumes something that is incorrect.

Therefore I can't vote.

It is similar (only in inaccurate theory) to ask the old query, "How long have you beat your wife, and when did you stop?"

Both questions assume something that is not true. Whether you believe it is not partisan - it is.

If you want a better question, it would be something like: "Do you think taxpayers should fund birth control or not?" That is the true question.

Quoting NWP:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Neon Washable Paint

Trollslayer
by Terica on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:59 AM

No, and what an idiotic idea to remove all legal access to B/C. ( NWP not directed at you, just the idea)

NWP
by Guerilla Girl on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Granted, the OP who inspired this post clarified after I posted it that she didn't say make it illegal, just that she would PREFER it be. For the better of our country. Because we need more people to take care of our aging population....

Couldn't we help this with immigration reform? There are plenty of people working right now in the US who would LOVE to be able to pay taxes and vote to help our aging population.

Quoting Trollslayer:

No, and what an idiotic idea to remove all legal access to B/C. ( NWP not directed at you, just the idea)

Neon Washable Paint

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)