Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PAUL RYAN BENSMITHED FOR NOT COMMENTING ON SOMETHING HE HADN'T READ

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 14 Replies

The left-wing clown car that is BuzzFeed Politics just keeps rolling along at CPAC. As we saw yesterday, Ben Smith's crack crew of BenSmithers just love to report on what Marco Rubio doesn't say (yes, you read that right).

Today, it's Paul Ryan's turn for the childish here's-what-he-didn't-say treatment:

Headline: Paul Ryan Won't Talk About Rob Portman's Support For Gay Marriage

Opening paragraph: Rep. Paul Ryan refused to react Friday to an op-ed penned by Sen. Rob Portman, in which Portman reversed his position on gay marriage and announced his son is gay.

Sounds serious, right? Except, uhm, in the next paragraph:

"I haven't even read it," Ryan said, pulling from his blazer a printed copy of Portman's op-ed, which he had requested from his staff.

BuzzFeed doesn't care about that context.

All they want is to BenSmith Ryan with a misleading headline.

Like I said: It's a left-wing clown car over there.

Lol, indeed.

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM

The headline reads,

"

Paul Ryan Won't Talk About Rob Portman's Support For Gay Marriage

Ryan says he hasn't read Portman's op-ed yet."

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM

What title are you reading? It says:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

The headline reads,

"

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM

No, the headline on BuzzFeed.  I just had to go look.

I'll grant you, it's a pretty stupid piece.  Are they going to report on every Republican that hasn't read it yet?  LOL

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

The headline reads,

"

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM

The whole point of this story is that Buzzfeed inaccurately reported this story. Something they do ALL THE TIME to conservatives, and have done for years. Hence the term 'bensmithing".

It really helps if you read articles with a discerning mind to see the differences, when there is an article like tis calling out another news source for inaccurate reporting.

You've never seen this type of reporting? You are missing out on being intellectually honest, and holding the media responsible for reporting incidents accurately.

I thought we just had different views, but both really wanted to know the truth.  Apparently not true of you.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

I'll grant you, it's a pretty stupid piece.  Are they going to report on every Republican that hasn't read it yet?  LOL

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

The headline reads,

"

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I don't count BuzzFeed as a legitimate news source.  Nor do I count breitbart.

As I've said before, that shit will rot your brains!

Regardless, I'm a literal person - the headline says, he didn't comment on it and he hasn't read it yet.  Not dishonest, but kind of stupid.

I like BBC, AP, CNN, Reuters, Irish Times and Al Jazeera.  (I know, CNN isn't the best news source, but if something intrigues me I look it up)

Quoting SallyMJ:

The whole point of this story is that Buzzfeed inaccurately reported this story. Something they do ALL THE TIME to conservatives, and have done for years. Hence the term 'bensmithing".

It really helps if you read articles with a discerning mind to see the differences, when there is an article like tis calling out another news source for inaccurate reporting.

You've never seen this type of reporting? You are missing out on being intellectually honest, and holding the media responsible for reporting incidents accurately.

I thought we just had different views, but both really wanted to know the truth.  Apparently not true of you.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

The headline reads,

"

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Let me see if I have this straight:

You discount Breitbart because you don't like conservative leaning news.

And you purposely demonize FNC and other conservative-leaning news because they are not left-leaning.

You only trust left-wing news, which does not represent conservatives accurately.

Why do you think there has been the need to develop conservative-leaning news, when the MSM refuse to accurately tell our narrative?

So you are choosing to be prejudiced, bigoted, against conservatives, and refuse discuss issues with an open mind.   Which means you are also guilty of bensmithing. Congrats. 

So you think it is OK to report things inaccurately to demonize conservatives? Why are you even on a DISCUSSION FORUM - which assumes there are  people of different perspectives here, who will discuss issues from different positions in a civil manner? I think you should go comment on a left-leaning blog. You will be a lot more comfortable, and everyone will be of your ilk.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Regardless, I'm a literal person - the headline says, he didn't comment on it and he hasn't read it yet.  Not dishonest, but kind of stupid.

I like BBC, AP, CNN, Reuters, Irish Times and Al Jazeera.  (I know, CNN isn't the best news source, but if something intrigues me I look it up)

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

The headline reads,

"

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Nope, you don't have it right at all.

Good Lord, woman.

Quoting SallyMJ:

And you purposely demonize FNC and other conservative-leaning news because they are not left-leaning.

You only trust left-wing news, which does not represent conservatives accurately.

Why do you think there has been the need to develop conservative-leaning news, when the MSM refuse to accurately tell our narrative?

So you are choosing to be prejudiced, bigoted, against conservatives, and refuse discuss issues with an open mind.   Which means you are also guilty of bensmithing. Congrats. 

So you think it is OK to report things inaccurately to demonize conservatives? Why are you even on a DISCUSSION FORUM - which assumes there are  people of different perspectives here, who will discuss issues from different positions in a civil manner? I think you should go comment on a left-leaning blog. You will be a lot more comfortable, and everyone will be of your ilk.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

The headline reads,

"

Friday
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

The headline reads,

"

There you go, making stuff up again. Where did she say she dislikes any source 'because they don't lean left'?

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Friday
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Good Lord, woman.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

The headline reads,

"

She has quite the imagination, doesn't she?

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM

LOL Hey, don't look at me.  I don't know where any of that hot mess came from.

I'm not even supposed to be here.  I'm supposed to be commenting on a lefty blog or something.  (???)

Quoting Friday:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Good Lord, woman.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

The headline reads,

"

She has quite the imagination, doesn't she?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)