Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Hitler

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM
  • 83 Replies

If anyone here has ever listened to one of Hitler's speeches, did you find them similar to *some* of the Tea Party ones? I did, I was kind of surprised, I never sat down and actually watched one before.  

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm just gonna pop some popcorn....

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM
8 moms liked this

Nope but I do find them similar to Obama's speeches.

Mrs.Subway
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM
2 moms liked this

You don't think when Hitler talks about the Germans losing their country to the Jews, it kinda sounds like the Tea Party when they talk about immigrants? When they talk about the decay of the their country? 

In what way are they similar to Obamas?  I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just curious.

Quoting Carpy:

delilahsmom1177
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I actually think there are many similarities between Hitler and Obama....but also with the Tea Party.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

fliptopz4
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:53 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Carpy:

I agree, Hitler gave the german people a common enemy.. Just like Obama tries to make people think its the evil rich that makes others poor.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM
3 moms liked this

That is a ridiculous question.

I want to say they are actually like Democrat speeches, that demonize people who don't agree with them.

But that would be inaccurate and evil to say that.

Have you ever attended a Tea Party rally? I am pretty sure not. It is like a family reunion with people of all ages and backgrounds, who love and value America and the Constitution, believe in fiscal responsibility and smaller government. Who bring a picnic lunch and clean up their trash when they leave.

Not even remotely similar to the Occupy events - whose crimes of which you are aware.

It's like criticizing your grandparents for going to church and having lunch in the park.

I think the only similarity you MAY possibly see is that you are afraid of both. I think you may be a Constitutionalphobe. Which thankfully is not fatal.  :)

Mrs.Subway
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I think you're right. Can't really remember any of Obama's speeches lol

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

I actually think there are many similarities between Hitler and Obama....but also with the Tea Party.

Mrs.Subway
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Calm down, I meant to say (some) Tea Party. I went to one geez it was a long time ago, maybe 2010.  Yeah everyone got along but everyone was pretty much the same.  We won't go into that though.

Quoting SallyMJ:

That is a ridiculous question.

I want to say they are actually like Democrat speeches, that demonize people who don't agree with them.

But that would be inaccurate and evil to say that.

Have you ever attended a Tea Party rally? I am pretty sure not. It is like a family reunion with people of all ages and backgrounds, who love and value America and the Constitution, believe in fiscal responsibility and smaller government. Who bring a picnic lunch and clean up their trash when they leave.

Not even remotely similar to the Occupy events - whose crimes of which you are aware.

It's like criticizing your grandparents for going to church and having lunch in the park.

I think the only similarity you MAY possibly see is that you are afraid of both. I think you may be a Constitutionaphobe. Which thankfully is not fatal.  :)

delilahsmom1177
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Actually IMO it has been more recent... Taking away guns... Hitler did that... Then came the Nazis.

Quoting Mrs.Subway:

I think you're right. Can't really remember any of Obama's speeches lol

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Jennahalt
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I can see the similarities.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN