Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

So Sad, So Sick. Could YOU Do This? Just How Pro Abortion Are You?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:30 PM
  • 55 Replies

Wondering just HOW pro abortion you are. Do you have limits? If you knew clipping the spinal cord of a child born alive might be part of your or any abortion would you still be ok with it? 

Aso....

Seems while  those who are staunch pro abortion have no problem spewing pseudo facts about women dying in back alleys, they never talk about just how dangerous abortions at any point are.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A medical assistant told a jury Tuesday that she snipped the spines of at least 10 babies during unorthodox abortions at a West Philadelphia clinic, at the direction of the clinic's owner.

And she said Dr. Kermit Gosnell and another employee did the same to terminate pregnancies.

Adrienne Moton's testimony came in the capital murder trial of Gosnell, who owned the clinic and is on trial in the deaths of a patient and seven babies. Prosecutors accuse him of killing late-term, viable babies after they were delivered alive, in violation of state abortion laws.

Gosnell's lawyer disputes that any babies were born alive and challenges the gestational age of the aborted fetuses.

Moton, the first employee to testify, sobbed as she recalled taking a cellphone photograph of one baby left in her work area in 2008. She thought he could have survived, given his size and pinkish color. She had measured him at nearly 30 weeks.

Gosnell later joked that the baby was so big he could have walked to the bus stop, she said.

Jurors saw Moton's photograph of the boy called "Baby A" on a large screen in the courtroom, which took on a bizarre look Tuesday as witnesses testified near a hospital bed with stirrups and other aging obstetric equipment. Denied the chance to bring jurors to the shuttered inner-city clinic, prosecutors are instead recreating a patient room in court.

The mother of "Baby A" testified Tuesday afternoon, describing a painful three-day abortion process that started at Gosnell's clinic in Delaware. She was 17, had an infant daughter and was told by Gosnell she was 24 weeks pregnant — the legal limit in Pennsylvania, but not in neighboring Delaware, where abortions are banned after 20 weeks.

The Chester woman said she given abortion drugs in Delaware and sent home the first two days, then was directed to the West Philadelphia clinic the third day. She was in severe pain by then, pain that only worsened the following week, she said.

Her aunt had taken her to the clinic and paid the $1,300 fee, and they had not told her mother.

"I never felt pain like that, ever," the woman said. "I couldn't talk to anybody and tell anybody."

But the teen ended up being hospitalized for two weeks with a large abscess and a blood clot near her heart. Prosecutors say she is one of countless patients injured during botched abortions or unsanitary conditions.

One patient, a 41-year-old refugee, died after an overdose of drugs allegedly given to her during a 2009 abortion.

Moton, 35, had lived with Gosnell's family during high school because of problems at home, then went to work for him years later. She earned about $10 an hour — off the books — to administer drugs, perform ultrasounds, help with abortions and dispose of fetal remains from 2005 to 2008.

She once had to kill a baby delivered in a toilet, cutting its neck with scissors, she said. Asked if she knew that was wrong, she said, "At first I didn't."

Abortions are typically performed in utero.

Moton has pleaded guilty to third-degree murder, which carries a 20- to 40-year term, as well as conspiracy and other charges. She has been in prison since early 2011, when Philadelphia prosecutors arrested Gosnell, his third wife, Pearl, and eight other employees. Most of them have pleaded guilty and are expected to testify.

Defense lawyer Jack McMahon told jurors in opening statements Monday that Gosnell, now 72, returned to the impoverished neighborhood after medical school when he could have struck it rich in the suburbs. He called the prosecution of his client, who is black, "a lynching."

But prosecutors believe Gosnell made plenty of money over a 30-year career using cheap, untrained staff, outdated medicines and barbaric techniques to perform abortions on desperate, low-income women.

And they say he made even more on the side running a "pill mill," where addicts and drug dealers could get prescriptions for potent painkillers. Authorities found $250,000 in cash under a mattress when they searched his home in 2010.

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
denise3680
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I do not support murder, and if a child is born it should have all the rights as any other living person, period.  I do support a womans right to abortion if she so chooses to have one.

JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM
15 moms liked this
I am pro choice.

This is against the law, as it should be. I can't imagine that anyone supports this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delilahsmom1177
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM

AGREED!

Quoting denise3680:

I do not support murder, and if a child is born it should have all the rights as any other living person, period.  I do support a womans right to abortion if she so chooses to have one.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

GrandmaGRN
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Same old hypocritical line....

Quoting denise3680:

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM
8 moms liked this

Kermit Gosnell is exactly what will happen if abortion is made illegal.  He will multiply.

MsDenuninani
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

As to how pro-abortion I am, I think a woman has the right to choose whether she wants to carry a pregnancy to term, and should be assisted in that decision with sound medical advice regarding her own health and the relative viability of the fetus.

Beyond that, I don't judge.

Jennyanne322
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
This.
I am pro choice. If you don't want one, don't have one. Some states have it banned. What do women do, they go to the states closest to have one. No abortion should be done after 16 weeks though unless for a medical reason.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Kermit Gosnell is exactly what will happen if abortion is made illegal.  He will multiply.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Denisethedaring
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

The stats for the medical danger of abortion are pretty well cited and most pro-choice people who have any interest beyond the most superficial in the topic of abortion know them--in essence, before about the middle of the 2nd trimester, abortion is on average safer than carrying to term and delivering; after about the middle of the 2nd trimester, abortion is on average more dangerous than carrying to term and delivering.  Not sure where the OP gets the idea that those stats are secret and undiscussed by the pro-choice?  :) Maybe she'd prefer pro-choicers went around constantly and loudly telling women that aborting when most women do, which is before 12 weeks gestation, is actually safer than carrying to term.

Denisethedaring
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure I get the point of this article--malpractice is always sad and awful.  This is malpractice.  I don't see how this is any worse than any other gross medical malpractice--certainly it doesn't have anything to say about the procedure done correctly, any more than any other malpractice case does.

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

This is the deliberate, for profit illegal late term abortion, and quite often the murder of viable fetuses and infants.

I can't speak for anyone who is "pro-abortion" because I don't know anyone who is "pro-abortion".  However, as someone who is pro-choice, I'd want to know WHY the board of health didn't investigate Gosnell after his first dead victim.

This guy flew under the radar for years.  He preyed on poor women.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)