Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Adam Lanza's Father

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM
  • 4 Replies
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:24 PM
5 moms liked this

I think it is very compassionate of this man to meet with these families. I've never heard of a family member of a mass murderer doing this. Half of his family is dead, having murdered 26 children and adults. And he was the secondary parent. And his son was an adult. And he's gotten death threats and fears for his own safety.

I can't imagine what this man must be going through. The guilt must be overwhelming - exceeding even his deep grief over the death of his son. This will haunt him for the rest of his life.

It is a very kind thing for him to do this - the right thing to do, that most people in that situation would not.

I hope all the information learned from this troubled and violent young man can be used to learn how to prevent this kind of violence.

GrannyM.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Yes indeed Sally...all very sad and it will take a long time for everyone envolved to heal. We need to make keeping our schools safe a priority ...Do what ever it takes ...

LIMom1105
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I think it's a very kind thing to do, and I'm sure he knows some of the families may have anger towards him going into it, so also a hard thing to do.

Maybe he hopes this act will put some of his own guilt to rest, I don't know.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I can't imagine how bad he must feel, because no matter what, your child is your child, so he probably feels some guilt for his son's actions. I don't think that he should, but if one of my children did something like this, I'm sure that I would feel guilty. I hope it helps the families, as well as himself, and that they can all find some kind of forgiveness for Adam Lanza's horrific actions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN