Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Latest On Adam Lanza

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 276 Replies

Unbelievable the amound of ammo he had...What was his mom thinking?????

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/28/newtown-probe-1-4k-ammo-rounds-in-lanza-home/comment-page-2/

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM
9 moms liked this

Do you know what I wonder?  I wonder if she would have considered herself a responsible gun owner.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM
4 moms liked this

I see they found his NRA certificate.

And now the NRA is screaming defamation. Losers.

deadlights86
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:10 PM

My dh always talkes about how Adam and our 7 year old has the same mental issues and then goes on about how he wants to get a gun. I sometimes wonders if he thinks at all.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:18 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm sorry to hear about your son. I think the bigger issue here isn't so much about gun ownersip, but the outright negligence from Nancy Lanza. He should have NEVER had access to her arsenal.

Quoting deadlights86:

My dh always talkes about how Adam and our 7 year old has the same mental issues and then goes on about how he wants to get a gun. I sometimes wonders if he thinks at all.

GagaNTattooS
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM
25 moms liked this
Smh. . The number of rounds we have plus guns we could open a store.....this doesn't make her bad she wasn't the bad guy he was she was safe with her guns. She taught her boys to shoot. For some its a hobby. Leave the womwn alone she did nothing wrong let her rest In Peace
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GagaNTattooS
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Omg she had them in a freaking safe...in a home where he didn't live....he used her guns he probably broke into the house and the safe and stole her guns....stop blaming her geeze.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

I'm sorry to hear about your son. I think the bigger issue here isn't so much about gun ownersip, but the outright negligence from Nancy Lanza. He should have NEVER had access to her arsenal.

Quoting deadlights86:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM
11 moms liked this

We have to remember we have the benefit of hindsight which of course is 20/20. Could she have done somethings differently? Of course but it doesn't change that she was as much a victim of this as anybody in my book. I've wondered if she had the guns to protect herself from, never guessing that he'd ever be capable of taking those guns not only killing her but doing the crazy terrible thing he did. We can obsess over the guns all we want but it wasn't the guns who committed this horrible tragedy, it was a very sick disturbed young man. 

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM
9 moms liked this

He lived in the same house with her. She bought him guns and ammo. They were in a safe that he could access.

Read the warrants and the reports. It's common knowledge at this point.

And, yes, despite the fact that her deranged son shot her in the head,she shares a LOT of blame.

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

Omg she had them in a freaking safe...in a home where he didn't live....he used her guns he probably broke into the house and the safe and stole her guns....stop blaming her geeze.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting deadlights86:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)