Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boys Planned To Kill...?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 31 Replies
What is happening to our children?...why are some so quick to decide 'murder' is ok if someone makes you angry?  I can't help but believe violent games are somewhat involved along with the fact that nobody is home these days...It's just heart breaking...

Two fifth-grade boys to stand trial for conspiring to murder classmate 

Two boys at Ford Colville Elementary School, ages 10 and 11, allegedly planned to kill a female classmate. They had a handwritten plan listing seven steps to the murder, a prosecutor said. A fourth-grader saw one of the students with a knife on a school bus, and a backpack search turned up a handgun.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Saturday, March 30, 2013, 3:21 PM

Midtown South Precinct Police Involved Shooting 	 	On Saturday, August 11, 2012 at approximately 1509 hours, a uniformed police officer assigned to Manhattan South Impact observed the suspect, a M/B/51, smoking what appeared to be marijuana in the vicinity of 44 Street and 7th Avenue, within the confines of the Midtown South Precinct. While being questioned by the officer, the suspect became agitated. When a second uniformed officer approached the suspect to place him under arrest, the suspect placed the marijuana cigarette in his pocket and pulled out an 11 inch knife, raised it above his head and began to put a blue bandana on his head. The officers ordered the suspect to put the knife down but the suspect refused and began backing down 7 Avenue while holding the knife. Officers followed the suspect, requested NYPD Emergency Services and continued to order the suspect to drop the knife. On six separate occasions, officers deployed pepper spray attempting to disarm the suspect to no avail. When the suspect reached the front of 501 7 Avenue, officers ordered the suspect to drop the knife at which time the suspect lunged at the officers with the knife. Two responding officers assigned to the Midtown South Precinct discharged their weapons striking the suspect in the torso. The suspect was removed to Bellevue Hospital by EMS where he was pronounced DOA at 1542 hours. The two officers who discharged their firearms were also taken to Bellevue Hospital for tinnitus. A third officer was treated for eye irritation as a result of being exposed to pepper spray. 	 	Identity of the suspect is pending proper family notification and the investigation is ongoing. 	 	  	 	A photo of the suspect's knife is attached.

A classmate saw one of the suspected students with a knife on a school bus.

COLVILLE, Wash. - A northeast Washington judge has found two boys, ages 10 and 11, competent to stand trial in juvenile court on a murder conspiracy charge.

Stevens County Prosecutor Tim Rasmussen says the fifth-graders had a handwritten plan listing seven steps leading up to the planned killing of a female classmate. That list was submitted as evidence at their mental capacity hearing Friday.

A county judge ruled that the boys understood the nature and consequences of their actions. They pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit murder, witness tampering and juvenile possession of a firearm.

The boys were arrested Feb. 7 at Fort Colville Elementary School after a fourth-grader saw one playing with a knife on a school bus and told a school employee. A backpack search also turned up a .45-caliber semi-automatic pistol and ammunition.

The Spokesman Review reports (http://is.gd/MiK1al ) the boys are being held on $100,000 bond each. Both a defense psychiatrist and a state psychologist say they present a danger to the community.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/5th-graders-trial-plan-murder-classmate-article-1.1303381#ixzz2P7X0KUuI

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GrannyM.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Why, Why,Why???

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this

simple frown  Thank God they did not get the chance to follow through.

GeekMommi
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I wonder what would have caused more deaths, the knife or the gun?

JustCJ
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Well that all depends on how many people the BOYS wanted to kill doesn't it?

I agree ganny. We have xbox's in almost every room of this house and I agree with you and think that violent games have a very big part in what is going on.

Quoting GeekMommi:

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

What a crying shame. Too young to be planning such a horrific crime.

simple frown

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I agree too..BUT I think if parents are parenting nd teaching their kids to value life,have morals than chances are their kids won't be the ones snapping and doing shit like this.

Quoting JustCJ:

Well that all depends on how many people the BOYS wanted to kill doesn't it?

I agree ganny. We have xbox's in almost every room of this house and I agree with you and think that violent games have a very big part in what is going on.

Quoting GeekMommi:

Trollslayer
by Terica on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I just can not get on that whole "video games make kids evil monsters" band wagon......These boys are sick and just plain mean, period.....I hope they spend a very long time behind bars!

GrannyM.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Are some people just born evil?  Just the luck of the draw?  Could it be a genetic flaw?  Could we one day be tested for evil?   Seems evil has always been here but in this age of instant information we know all about in in a matter of minutes or hours. There is no cure...just keep your eyes and ears open...and pray it doesn't affect your life and you are not in the line of fire when the next shooting happens?  The bad guys all have guns and the good guys do not....Scary indeed...

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

wow, this is crazy! they are all so young!!

GrannyM.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Yes so young...I grew up in the late 50's early 60's..... My heart breaks in many pieces every day when I read about things that are happening these days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)