Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Not an April Fool's Joke: Obama Proclaims April 'Month to Teach Young People How to Budget Responsibly'

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM
  • 27 Replies

Not an April Fool's Joke: Obama Proclaims April 'Month to Teach Young People How to Budget Responsibly'

Not an April Fool’s Joke: Obama Proclaims April ‘Month to Teach Young People How to Budget Responsibly’
Bert Atkinson Jr.

President Barack Obama, the man who has increased the national debt by approximately $6 trillion dollars; the man who promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term only to have $1+ trillion budget deficits each year; the man who grossly underestimated the cost of ObamaCare while laughably saying it wouldn’t add a dime to the deficit, has proclaimed April, “National Financial Capability Month,” during which the administration will do thing like teach young people “how to budget responsibly.”

Via CNSNews.com

“I call upon all Americans to observe this month with programs and activities to improve their understanding of financial principles and practices,” Obama said in an official proclamation released Friday.

“My Administration is dedicated to helping people make sound decisions in the marketplace,” he said.

“Together, we can prepare young people to tackle financial challenges–from learning how to budget responsibly to saving for college, starting a business, or opening a retirement account,” he said.

“My Administration continues to encourage responsibility at all levels of our financial system by cracking down on deceptive practices and ensuring that consumers are informed of their rights,” he said.

Oh boy. I’m a touch speechless at this for the moment. This White House teaching fiscal responsibility is like Whitney Houston telling people not to smoke crack, or having Lindsay Lohan teaching a class on responsible driving.

Well, I call upon President Obama to observe this term in office “with programs and activities to improve [his] understanding of financial principles and practices.” I encourage the president to take his own advice and “Stay Below Your Credit Limit.”

Honestly, kudos to the White House and Barack Obama for trying to preaching responsibility – it’s a lesson many people can use.

Now, to the White House: practice what you preach.

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NC_Mom_06
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL I wouldn't listen to anything he says. Before he tries to teach someone how to budget he needs to learn how. The last 4 years he didn't know how to spend or budget wisely and he doesn't know how to now. This made me laugh!!

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah, so encouraging people to teach their kids to budget responsibly is a BAD thing.  Gotcha.

Regarding this administration, let's just go on and assume 4 or 5 pages of people showing how this administration has added less to the deficit than previous ones, lots of charts and graphs, the tossing out of the word "sheeple" a lot and some running snark from those that like to run snark.

Cause I'm sick, can't fall asleep and don't give rat's ass right now.  Mmmm k?

kcangel63
by Amanda on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe he's wanting to learn about budgeting himself?

I think it's a great idea for families to all do budgeting stuff together. Maybe one day one of those kids will be president. Then they will know how to do what many leaders have not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:05 AM
3 moms liked this

Since all but the 1% have no choice but to budget (or go hungry) because of this administrations utter and complete lack of any ability to budget (or even get one down on paper and signed), it's mostly a moot point.

As for your refusing to donate a rat's patootie ... sick or not, that makes you part of the problem.

OP ~ hopefully people other than those in the WH will be doing the teaching ... and hopefully they start at the top and work down.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Ah, so encouraging people to teach their kids to budget responsibly is a BAD thing.  Gotcha.

Regarding this administration, let's just go on and assume 4 or 5 pages of people showing how this administration has added less to the deficit than previous ones, lots of charts and graphs, the tossing out of the word "sheeple" a lot and some running snark from those that like to run snark.

Cause I'm sick, can't fall asleep and don't give rat's ass right now.  Mmmm k?

29again
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM
5 moms liked this

Has to be an April Fool's....  See, you have to know it before you can teach it.  And we all know that this admin knows nothing about budgeting.  Although, I have to say that Obama is pretty good at math.  He can add to the debt, subtract jobs, multiply our misery, and divide the country.....  

gludwig2000
by Gina on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

What is wrong with this? I smoke, yet I still try to teach young people not to smoke, and so far, none of my 4 smoke.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I am thinking that at some point in your life you didn't smoke, so you have some frame of reference.

Quoting gludwig2000:

What is wrong with this? I smoke, yet I still try to teach young people not to smoke, and so far, none of my 4 smoke.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM

You couldn't work geometry into the sentence?     wink

Quoting 29again:

Has to be an April Fool's....  See, you have to know it before you can teach it.  And we all know that this admin knows nothing about budgeting.  Although, I have to say that Obama is pretty good at math.  He can add to the debt, subtract jobs, multiply our misery, and divide the country.....  

gludwig2000
by Gina on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Considering that I started when I was 13, not much time, shamefully. But my point was that someone doesn't have to do something, or do it well, to realize that it is important or to advocate it. I hate housework, but that doesn't mean that I don't see the value or enjoy having a clean home.
Quoting Billiejeens:

I am thinking that at some point in your life you didn't smoke, so you have some frame of reference.

Quoting gludwig2000:

capmonkey93
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM

no, no, no..... he is adding jobs just subtracting the hours that they will be able to be paid (many places inculding my work is now implimenting  the 28hr max, so as to not have to deal with obama care) we r hiring like 10 more people to work like 20 hrs a week..... lol

Quoting 29again:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)