Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

80% of Americans Unhappy with Washington and bHo

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

CBS Poll: 80% of Americans Unhappy with Washington

CBS Poll: 80% of Americans Unhappy with Washington
Kyle Becker
  • On March 29, 2013
  • https://twitter.com/kylenbecker

CBS reports 80% of Americans are unhappy with Washington, and 30% are “angry” at the nation’s politicians. As usual, the outfit can’t help but slant the findings to suit the statist political agenda.

The key findings from the poll:

• 50% of the country is dissatisfied with Washington D.C.’s performance, and 30% are now “angry” — up 9 points since December 2012.
  • Those who say the U.S. is heading in the right direction is down 8 points to 32% in just one month. Wrong track polling is up to 64% from 51% over that time frame.
  • Most Americans are opposed to cutting defense (58%), Social Security (79%) and Medicare (80%).
  • Many believe cutting the deficit would be healthy for the economy (42%), but others are unsure of any economic benefit (39%). (This shows the issue needs to be clarified in the public conversation.)
  • Support for stricter gun control is down to 57% from 47% since December 2012. Universal background checks polls very strongly (90%), possibly because the term is vague and needs to be clarified. Banning semi-automatic rifles (which includes hunting rifles) sees a split of 49-49.
  • President Obama’s approval rating is down to 45% and his polling on most issues (including the economy) are down almost across the board from last month.

CBS News interjects some assumptions that are unnecessary to conduct the poll, such as ‘gridlock’ being something Americans don’t want. While it is true that most Americans want the basic business of government conducted efficiently, they don’t necessarily want any political agenda — right or left — imposed on them.

It is safe to assume that many people want to work, lead their lives, and be happy without government interference. Not everyone wants Washington politicians doing something grand all the time.

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carpy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Only 80%?  that seems pretty low.

NC_Mom_06
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Should be down more. Obama is a disgrace as a president. He has failed everyone unless you are gay, or on welfare or a minority. Makes me sick.

1Giovanni
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I have been angry with the government for years now. I really didn't except to much when you have pretty much the same old men in congress and other branches of the gov.

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Which CBS poll is he referring to?

denise3680
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:29 AM

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Which CBS poll is he referring to?

Crap and bullsh@#t poll is what he is referring to:/ 

denise3680
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:33 AM

Quoting NC_Mom_06:

Should be down more. Obama is a disgrace as a president. He has failed everyone unless you are gay, or on welfare or a minority. Makes me sick.

Yes we minorities are just wanting hand outs, free stuff and lord knows we do nto like to work, or defend this country.  Gays are trying to take over the world and turn everyone gay, hell even make everyone marry like them.   Hell ina  hand basket I say hell ina  hand basket:/ 

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I suspect there was a least 10% that simply didn't understand the questions.

Quoting Carpy:

Only 80%?  that seems pretty low.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting NC_Mom_06:

Yes we minorities are just wanting hand outs, free stuff and lord knows we do nto like to work, or defend this country.  Gays are trying to take over the world and turn everyone gay, hell even make everyone marry like them.   Hell ina  hand basket I say hell ina  hand basket:/ 

and because of Obama's policies the handbaskets are all made in China.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:08 AM
i Absolutely agree with you. We need a major government overhaul.

Quoting 1Giovanni:

I have been angry with the government for years now. I really didn't except to much when you have pretty much the same old men in congress and other branches of the gov.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting NC_Mom_06:

It is actuallyworse than that - she is right that he is helping to destroy the country, she is wrong that he is helping the gays, he was anti SSM (exactly like me) until just before the election, the only way that he is helping the welfare community is to make it more populated and he has failed the minority cmmunities the worst, more AA are unemployed than in any recent time.-

You don't have to blindly take the abuse from your President just because he looks like you, speak up, be critical.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)