Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What Is The BEST News Source?

Posted by   + Show Post
There are always huge debates over news site links.

Where do YOU go for news?

What do you consider the BEST place to get accurate news?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
TinasTribe
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I like RT, The Blaze, Adam and the Man and I used to like Neil Boortz but he reitred. 

Life is simple, We make it but we make it complicated. 

http://tinasblogok.blogspot.com/

kcangel63
by Amanda on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM
It's where I go. It's not a 'source', but has many I can go to.

In my opinion, anything from the US is probably not very credible.

Quoting Billiejeens:

You clearly know that Drudge is not a source.

It is by far the best place to access clickable sources though, and often without knowing whose news site you will be going to.

Quoting kcangel63:

That's why I like Drudge Report. It's a collection of the biggest news events.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

I think watching/reading only one source is a bad idea. Every single one is bias one way or another.

I watch a mix of HLN, CNN, BBC, & Fox. I read the WSJ, NY Times, local papers, etc.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katinahat
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I prefer news sites like nasa.gov, the-scientist.com, sciencenews.org, sciencedaily.com, web.mit.edu/newsoffice, phys.org, dailygalaxy.com, apa.org/news, nsf.gov/news, or anthropology-news.org. I prefer science and technology news over all of the other stuff. But as far as non-science and tech stuff? Christian Science Monitor is one of the best I've seen as far as impartiality goes. It's funny because it's technically run by the church, but it's one of the most respected news sources around-- they're just good at separating personal bias from their reporting. I wish more stations (like Fox and MSNBC) could take a leaf out of CSM's book.

Christian, vaccinating, fun-loving, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, positive disciplining, nerdy, extended rear-facing, bookworm, creative, outdoorsy, autodidactic, friendly family.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -- Mother Teresa

Friday
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I don't think it's wise to get ones news from any single source as most have some kind of bias. Better to check out a variety to get the whole picture. I like DU because they have user posted articles from all over the web but don't go there much lately due to the hyperpartisan comments and op-eds. We usually watch the local FOX affiliate's morning show which has news and entertainment. I like McClatchy as well, they seem pretty independent.

Don't watch cable news much but sometimes see something on Stewart, Colbert or Maher and use that as a starting point to research it. No, I don't use any as a news source but many times they, or their guests, will bring up something I haven't heard about so give me a jumping off point.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Quoting kcangel63:

It's where I go. It's not a 'source', but has many I can go to.  I know, Drudge is my Home Page.

In my opinion, anything from the US is probably not very credible. That is sad to know.

Quoting Billiejeens:

You clearly know that Drudge is not a source.

It is by far the best place to access clickable sources though, and often without knowing whose news site you will be going to.

Quoting kcangel63:

That's why I like Drudge Report. It's a collection of the biggest news events.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

I think watching/reading only one source is a bad idea. Every single one is bias one way or another.

I watch a mix of HLN, CNN, BBC, & Fox. I read the WSJ, NY Times, local papers, etc.

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Democrat Underground - going crazy

Quoting Friday:

I don't think it's wise to get ones news from any single source as most have some kind of bias. Better to check out a variety to get the whole picture. I like DUbecause they have user posted articles from all over the web but don't go there much lately due to the hyperpartisan comments and op-eds. We usually watch the local FOX affiliate's morning show which has news and entertainment. I like McClatchy as well, they seem pretty independent.

Don't watch cable news much but sometimes see something on Stewart, Colbert or Maher and use that as a starting point to research it. No, I don't use any as a news source but many times they, or their guests, will bring up something I haven't heard about so give me a jumping off point.

Friday
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Friday:

I don't think it's wise to get ones news from any single source as most have some kind of bias. Better to check out a variety to get the whole picture. I like DUbecause they have user posted articles from all over the web but don't go there much lately due to the hyperpartisan comments and op-eds. We usually watch the local FOX affiliate's morning show which has news and entertainment. I like McClatchy as well, they seem pretty independent.

Bahahahaha. Cuz Drudge is so much better. LMFAO, you should go on tour.

The news on DU is from a variety of sites all over the web. Even Drudge, FOX, The Blaze..among others. The op-eds and comments are a different story.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Citygirlk
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM

BBC News.

mlbros
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I read a lot.  Wall Street Journal( WSJ), Drudge Report, local newspaper(TCH), ocasionally the New York Times, Washington Post, Weekly Standard magazine, Commentary magazine, and I watch BBC, Fox news, local CBS, and listen to NPR and talk radio.  I find that if I watch MSNBC my brain starts to bleed.  :)

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Friday:

Bahahahaha. Cuz Drudge is so much better. LMFAO, you should go on tour.

The news on DU is from a variety of sites all over the web. Even Drudge, FOX, The Blaze..among others. The op-eds and comments are a different story.

Drudge doesn't have any op-eds or commentary it simply has clickable links - c'mon Friday this is the easy stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN