Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Pedophilia is A Sexual Orientation?!?! This CA Democrat says it is.

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 17 Replies

Pedophilia Is A Sexual Orientation Under CA Bill

JACKIECalifornia Congresswoman, Rep. Jackie Speier CA (D), wants to federalize a state law to prohibit counseling to change a person’s sexual orientation. That doesn’t sound that extreme, but pedophilia is a sexual orientation according to this bill as well.

Under the bill’s language, a mental health counselor could be sanctioned if there was an attempt to get a pedophile or gay individual to change his behavior or speak negatively about their behavior as it relates to sexuality.

The bill calls on states to prohibit efforts to change a minor’s sexual orientation, even if the minor requests it, saying that doing so is “dangerous and harmful.”

The text of the legislation doesn’t specifically ban “gay” conversion therapy. Instead, it prohibits attempts to change a person’s sexual orientation.

“Sexual orientation change efforts’ means any practices by mental health providers that seek to change an individual’s sexual orientation,” the bill says.

Republicans attempted to add an amendment specifying that, “pedophilia is not covered as an orientation.” However, the Democrats defeated the amendment. Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL) stated that all alternative sexual lifestyles should be protected under the law, and accordingly decided that pedophilia is a sexual orientation that should be equally as embraced as homosexuality.

“This language is so broad and vague, it arguably could include all forms of sexual orientation, including pedophilia,” said Brad Dacus, president of the Pacific Justice Institute. “It’s not just the orientation that is protected—the conduct associated with the orientation is protected as well.”

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chelsey191
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree it is a sexual orientation, but I don't think its right either. Kids do not have the capacity to make the same choices as adults. Despite whatever attracts a person, it is a choice what they do about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this

That ain't right.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Yes it is.

DawnPratt23
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Sadly this and many other acts are called sexual orientation. Unless its between two consenting adults its sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gludwig2000
by Gina on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM
2 moms liked this
In my book, pedophilia is sexual deviance, and needs no protection under the law. How can they give protection to someone, if they take action of that deviance, is breaking the law?
SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

If this is Bill 1172, it mentions lesbian, gay, bisexuals, and transgender ed individuels. No where in the bill does it mention pedophiles. 

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this

The title of this post is misleading and throwing Democrats under the bus. Give me a break. Has anyone even looked up the damn bill? No run with a biased article.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course, that was why it was added. I wonder how long it will take us to get back to being Americans, with out all this disdain for the opposing party? Maybe in our life times, maybe not.
Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

The title of this post is misleading and throwing Democrats under the bus. Give me a break. Has anyone even looked up the damn bill? No run with a biased article.

kailu1835
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Uh, no, it's not.  Sexual orientation refers to the gender one prefers, not the age.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I agree with your comment. Maybe in my lifetime on Cafe Mom people will research bills and read them ( not really possible with some bills) before posting blatently biased crap. Oh and Americans ought to band together to get laws passed that will help all Americans. Really doesn't matter your party if you are unemployed and your home is in foreclosure.

Quoting gludwig2000:

Of course, that was why it was added. I wonder how long it will take us to get back to being Americans, with out all this disdain for the opposing party? Maybe in our life times, maybe not.
Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN