Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Erik Rush: Kill All Muslims in Response to Boston Marathon Attack

Posted by   + Show Post

Erik Rush: Kill All Muslims in Response to Boston Marathon Attack

Earlier today, there was an apparent bombing near the finish line of the Boston Marathon that, according to preliminary reports, has left two people dead and dozens more injured.

In response, and utterly without any evidence, frequent Fox News contributor Erik Rush tweeted out a message blaming the bombing on Muslim terrorists, saying "Everybody do the National Security Ankle Grab! Let's bring more Saudis in without screening them! C'mon! #bostonmarathon."

That prompted another Twitter user to chastize Rush for making such unsupported accusations, which prompted Rush to respond with a call for all Muslims to be killed:

FILED UNDER

PEOPLE:

Erik Rush
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Replies (31-40):
ashellbell
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Domestic terroist. US citizen with no international ties.

Quoting buttersworth:

what do you mean 'one of our own?"

Quoting ashellbell:

True story. I'd almost prefer this attack to be one of our own. It sucks to say that but I don't want the tension and hate from 9/11 to return.

Quoting buttersworth:

No one owned up to anything for sure, that we know of, back then. All we know is what the news told us while they aired the same videos of bin laden over and again throughout the next couple years every time it was claimed that he spoke.

Quoting ashellbell:

Seriously, I really think if this was an international attack of terrorism, someone would be claiming it. Period. 9/11? I recall those involved proudly owned up to their work. I could be wrong. I think this was political. It was either a nutter on the left or a nutter on the right. The location, the day, the people...I just think whoever did this is a citizen. I feared people would go for the Muslim community right off the bat, I was just hoping they wouldn't.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Well I'm bored right now so I'll play....

From Chris Mathews on his ludicrous show:

“Normally, domestic terrorist people tend to be on the far right, although that’s not a good category,” Matthews said on Monday’s show. “Extremists, let’s call them that. Do they advertise after they do something like that? Do they try to get credit as a group or do they just hate America so much, or its politics, or its government, that they just want to do the damage – that they don’t care if they get public credit if you will.”

From Charles Pierce of Esquire:

BOSTON — This is just breaking, but at least two explosions occurred in downtown Boston near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Several people were injured and two have been reported dead. There are reports of people missing limbs. Obviously, nobody knows anything yet, but I would caution folks jumping to conclusions about foreign terrorism to remember that this is the official Patriots Day holiday in Massachusetts, celebrating the Battles at Lexington and Concord, and that the actual date (April 19) was of some significance to, among other people, Tim McVeigh, because he fancied himself a waterer of the tree of liberty and the like. 

Then we have:

… New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof on Monday quickly used the explosions in Boston for political gain, linking the Republican Party to the horrific act. At 4:10pm, Kristof tweeted, "explosion is a reminder that ATF needs a director. Shame on Senate Republicans for blocking apptment."

Or:

Former MSNBC host Cenk Uygur speculated about American racism in reaction to the attack. He tweeted, "Our reaction as a country to Boston Marathon is going to be completely different if it’s a Muslim w/ a bomb or a white shooter w/ a gun."

CNN's Wolf Blitzer:

“One intriguing notion, one intriguing thought here, and I’m curious, Mike, and I’ll ask Matt to weigh in as well,” Blitzer said. “It is a state holiday, in addition to the Boston Marathon. It is a state holiday in Massachusetts today called Patriots Day, and who knows if that has anything at all to deal — to do with these, these twin explosions.”

CNN's Peter Bergen:

I’m reminded of Oklahoma City, which was a bombing, which was initially treated as a gas explosion. First reports are often erroneous.

Then Bergen went on to offer up this "first" report:

Once the device — if it is a device — is found; what kind of explosives were used. So for instance, if it was hydrogen peroxide, this is a signature of al Qaeda. If it was more conventional explosives, which are much harder to get hold of now — that might be some other kind of right-wing extremist.  … We’ve also seen, for instance, right-wing groups  trying to attack the Martin Luther King parade in Oregon in 2010.

Then there is Sally's post on Sen Min Whip, Hoyer blaming the sequester for the bombings.

Ok.  I'm even more bored now, so I'll stop with these.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Why don't you?

Quoting Carpy:

Some sites are blaming the right already.  Why don't you go post them as well?

grandma B

ashellbell
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Whoa whoa....where in the hell did I blame the tea party lol? I think whoever did this is an extremist. I don't consider tea party members to be extremist. In all honesty, I think it could swing either way. Nutter from the extreme left or a nutter from the extreme right. Hell, maybe it's just a nutter who decided to do it on a political day to throw everyone on the wrong trail. I'm making no allegations or assumptions and I'll ask you to do the same when it comes to my thought process. Kthanksbye.

Quoting buttersworth:

what do you mean 'one of our own?" -oh never mind, i re-read your initial comment. you think it's a citizen.

but that wouldn't stop ANY tension. and what on earth would lead you to believe THAT? there is nothing at all that would point anyone to believe that at this time according to all that is so far public.

you know, it's funny that people lambast "conspiracy theorists" but it is the  "conspiracy theorists" who have been predicting immediately, before the blame came, that this atrocious act would be blamed on tea party people or something like that

and here it is

Quoting ashellbell:

True story. I'd almost prefer this attack to be one of our own. It sucks to say that but I don't want the tension and hate from 9/11 to return.

Quoting buttersworth:

No one owned up to anything for sure, that we know of, back then. All we know is what the news told us while they aired the same videos of bin laden over and again throughout the next couple years every time it was claimed that he spoke.

Quoting ashellbell:

Seriously, I really think if this was an international attack of terrorism, someone would be claiming it. Period. 9/11? I recall those involved proudly owned up to their work. I could be wrong. I think this was political. It was either a nutter on the left or a nutter on the right. The location, the day, the people...I just think whoever did this is a citizen. I feared people would go for the Muslim community right off the bat, I was just hoping they wouldn't.

jcrew6
by Jenney on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM

So, what's a person to do? Authorities say keep an eye on anything suspicious.  Hrmmmmm, if I see someone who is not the blonde hair blue eyed American stereotype, leave a backpack on the ground at a marathon~ if I tell authorities~ am I profiling? If he was innocent, liberals would call me a bigot.  

But what are we learning about the suspect brothers?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115890/forums/read/18390773/_Bombing_Suspects

Quoting gludwig2000:

Sadly, there are many people who are willing to jump right in and start blaming others. And even if it turns out that Muslims are responsible for this attack, that doesn't mean that all of them are responsible. Geez, it will never stop, will it? Its heartbreaking, and while I understand that people are feeling hurt and shocked right now, this is not the answer! We, American, are better than this.

denise3680
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I really cannot believe that some on here are fighting over who said what and what side whoever is on:/  Who cares what news station he works for, or what side he tends to lean on, He was wrong as hell for saying what he said.  All the news stations that have a tendency to lean left or right need to stick with facts and stop allowing people to give bs answers of their opinions:/

CreamCheeze
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I'm not certain, but I think calling on people to murder other people is a crime.

JustCJ
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL Because...Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev is such a good Irish name.

Quoting mowen44:

On April 15 why doesn't anyone suggest it might be a nutty tea-party member protesting having to pay taxes to our evil government?

Raintree
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Quoting Carpy:

Okay, so why do we do this to ourselves? Why do any of us listen to people who speculate before we know anything? After the OKC bombing, people were already saying it was muslim in origin- because they traced that one so fast, that nonsense died off. All this guessing (hoping) does is deepen the partisan (idiot) divide.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Because we are humans. My personal opinion on this one was home grown. I did not state either way because I just don't' see the need for political points on issues like this because it isn't like either side would approve it. But apparently scoring political points are all that matters to some. I am not calling out either side on this because it is both that do it depending on the event.

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting Carpy:

Okay, so why do we do this to ourselves? Why do any of us listen to people who speculate before we know anything? After the OKC bombing, people were already saying it was muslim in origin- because they traced that one so fast, that nonsense died off. All this guessing (hoping) does is deepen the partisan (idiot) divide.

Raintree
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

It's a weird one because it's kind of a mix.

I agree that it's both sides.

Quoting Carpy:

Because we are humans. My personal opinion on this one was home grown. I did not state either way because I just don't' see the need for political points on issues like this because it isn't like either side would approve it. But apparently scoring political points are all that matters to some. I am not calling out either side on this because it is both that do it depending on the event.

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting Carpy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)