Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Erik Rush: Kill All Muslims in Response to Boston Marathon Attack

Posted by   + Show Post

Erik Rush: Kill All Muslims in Response to Boston Marathon Attack

Earlier today, there was an apparent bombing near the finish line of the Boston Marathon that, according to preliminary reports, has left two people dead and dozens more injured.

In response, and utterly without any evidence, frequent Fox News contributor Erik Rush tweeted out a message blaming the bombing on Muslim terrorists, saying "Everybody do the National Security Ankle Grab! Let's bring more Saudis in without screening them! C'mon! #bostonmarathon."

That prompted another Twitter user to chastize Rush for making such unsupported accusations, which prompted Rush to respond with a call for all Muslims to be killed:

FILED UNDER

PEOPLE:

Erik Rush
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Replies (41-50):
gludwig2000
by Gina on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM
All I can really tell you is that it is wrong to go around blaming all Muslims for the actions of some. We can play word games all we want, but just because some blond haired, blue eyed guy ran over my foot, that doesn't mean that all blond haired, blue eyed guys are going to do it, now does it?
Quoting jcrew6:

So, what's a person to do? Authorities say keep an eye on anything suspicious.  Hrmmmmm, if I see someone who is not the blonde hair blue eyed American stereotype, leave a backpack on the ground at a marathon~ if I tell authorities~ am I profiling? If he was innocent, liberals would call me a bigot.  

But what are we learning about the suspect brothers?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115890/forums/read/18390773/_Bombing_Suspects

Quoting gludwig2000:

Sadly, there are many people who are willing to jump right in and start blaming others. And even if it turns out that Muslims are responsible for this attack, that doesn't mean that all of them are responsible. Geez, it will never stop, will it? Its heartbreaking, and while I understand that people are feeling hurt and shocked right now, this is not the answer! We, American, are better than this.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:53 PM
BTW, your description of who you believe should be watched says a lot, and actually leaves a lot of people out of it. I'm blue eyed but brown haired, so I guess that I better not carry a back pack, now should I? I would not immediately call you a bigot for being suspicious, especially after such an attack, and after hearing a description of the person wanted. And you really shouldn't let someone else's opinion or possible opinion of you matter, especially if you have a valid reason to be suspicious. Better to go with your gut and instincts, imo, and possibly save some lives, then to worry about others and keep your suspicions to youself, but that is once again, just my opinion.
Quoting jcrew6:

So, what's a person to do? Authorities say keep an eye on anything suspicious.  Hrmmmmm, if I see someone who is not the blonde hair blue eyed American stereotype, leave a backpack on the ground at a marathon~ if I tell authorities~ am I profiling? If he was innocent, liberals would call me a bigot.  

But what are we learning about the suspect brothers?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115890/forums/read/18390773/_Bombing_Suspects

Quoting gludwig2000:

Sadly, there are many people who are willing to jump right in and start blaming others. And even if it turns out that Muslims are responsible for this attack, that doesn't mean that all of them are responsible. Geez, it will never stop, will it? Its heartbreaking, and while I understand that people are feeling hurt and shocked right now, this is not the answer! We, American, are better than this.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I think the older one, was the influence.  He was out of the country for sixth months, probably learning how to carry this out.  I think the younger one was the patsy.  I don't think the older one ever became "Americanized".

Quoting Raintree:

It's a weird one because it's kind of a mix.

I agree that it's both sides.

Quoting Carpy:

Because we are humans. My personal opinion on this one was home grown. I did not state either way because I just don't' see the need for political points on issues like this because it isn't like either side would approve it. But apparently scoring political points are all that matters to some. I am not calling out either side on this because it is both that do it depending on the event.

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting Carpy:

Some sites are blaming the right already.  Why don't you go post them as well?

Okay, so why do we do this to ourselves? Why do any of us listen to people who speculate before we know anything? After the OKC bombing, people were already saying it was muslim in origin- because they traced that one so fast, that nonsense died off. All this guessing (hoping) does is deepen the partisan (idiot) divide.

muslimah
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Why the hell not? Just go ahead and kill us all off or put us in camps and end all your troubles. After all it is only us fucked up Muslims who blow shit up and kill people.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:40 PM
I'm sorry. You know that not everyone feels this way, but I do know how tough things are/have been for you and other Muslims. Has this bombing made things worse in your area? I hope not. (((((HUGS))))))
Quoting muslimah:

Why the hell not? Just go ahead and kill us all off or put us in camps and end all your troubles. After all it is only us fucked up Muslims who blow shit up and kill people.

buttersworth
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I just don't know why anyone would jump to a conclusion like that, assuming it's a 'nutter'.

No you did not say a tea party person and I did not ascribe that to you. i said the media has predicted that. I mentioned it because a tea party member would be a citizen, and you also conjectured that it would be a citizen.

What's even weirder is that North Korea has been threatening us and nobody jumped to the conclusion that it'd be tied to that little baffoon, what's his name? Kim Jung Un? Even that would make more sense, to assume it was that guy or somebody he paid.

Quoting ashellbell:

Whoa whoa....where in the hell did I blame the tea party lol? I think whoever did this is an extremist. I don't consider tea party members to be extremist. In all honesty, I think it could swing either way. Nutter from the extreme left or a nutter from the extreme right. Hell, maybe it's just a nutter who decided to do it on a political day to throw everyone on the wrong trail. I'm making no allegations or assumptions and I'll ask you to do the same when it comes to my thought process. Kthanksbye.

Quoting buttersworth:

what do you mean 'one of our own?" -oh never mind, i re-read your initial comment. you think it's a citizen.

but that wouldn't stop ANY tension. and what on earth would lead you to believe THAT? there is nothing at all that would point anyone to believe that at this time according to all that is so far public.

you know, it's funny that people lambast "conspiracy theorists" but it is the  "conspiracy theorists" who have been predicting immediately, before the blame came, that this atrocious act would be blamed on tea party people or something like that

and here it is

Quoting ashellbell:

True story. I'd almost prefer this attack to be one of our own. It sucks to say that but I don't want the tension and hate from 9/11 to return.

Quoting buttersworth:

No one owned up to anything for sure, that we know of, back then. All we know is what the news told us while they aired the same videos of bin laden over and again throughout the next couple years every time it was claimed that he spoke.

Quoting ashellbell:

Seriously, I really think if this was an international attack of terrorism, someone would be claiming it. Period. 9/11? I recall those involved proudly owned up to their work. I could be wrong. I think this was political. It was either a nutter on the left or a nutter on the right. The location, the day, the people...I just think whoever did this is a citizen. I feared people would go for the Muslim community right off the bat, I was just hoping they wouldn't.

ashellbell
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I don't assume foreign because they were shitty bombs. Amateur. If it had been N. Korea, I'm almost certain it would've been bigger and credit would've been taken. Perhaps there is a bigger cell system attached to these two boys, I don't know. All I do know, is I'm just saddened by all this at this point.

Quoting buttersworth:

I just don't know why anyone would jump to a conclusion like that, assuming it's a 'nutter'.

No you did not say a tea party person and I did not ascribe that to you. i said the media has predicted that. I mentioned it because a tea party member would be a citizen, and you also conjectured that it would be a citizen.

What's even weirder is that North Korea has been threatening us and nobody jumped to the conclusion that it'd be tied to that little baffoon, what's his name? Kim Jung Un? Even that would make more sense, to assume it was that guy or somebody he paid.

Quoting ashellbell:

Whoa whoa....where in the hell did I blame the tea party lol? I think whoever did this is an extremist. I don't consider tea party members to be extremist. In all honesty, I think it could swing either way. Nutter from the extreme left or a nutter from the extreme right. Hell, maybe it's just a nutter who decided to do it on a political day to throw everyone on the wrong trail. I'm making no allegations or assumptions and I'll ask you to do the same when it comes to my thought process. Kthanksbye.

Quoting buttersworth:

what do you mean 'one of our own?" -oh never mind, i re-read your initial comment. you think it's a citizen.

but that wouldn't stop ANY tension. and what on earth would lead you to believe THAT? there is nothing at all that would point anyone to believe that at this time according to all that is so far public.

you know, it's funny that people lambast "conspiracy theorists" but it is the  "conspiracy theorists" who have been predicting immediately, before the blame came, that this atrocious act would be blamed on tea party people or something like that

and here it is

Quoting ashellbell:

True story. I'd almost prefer this attack to be one of our own. It sucks to say that but I don't want the tension and hate from 9/11 to return.

Quoting buttersworth:

No one owned up to anything for sure, that we know of, back then. All we know is what the news told us while they aired the same videos of bin laden over and again throughout the next couple years every time it was claimed that he spoke.

Quoting ashellbell:

Seriously, I really think if this was an international attack of terrorism, someone would be claiming it. Period. 9/11? I recall those involved proudly owned up to their work. I could be wrong. I think this was political. It was either a nutter on the left or a nutter on the right. The location, the day, the people...I just think whoever did this is a citizen. I feared people would go for the Muslim community right off the bat, I was just hoping they wouldn't.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Raintree
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Carpy:

Yes, exactly! It reminds me of the sniper thing with the younger man who ended up being under the influence of the older man.
buttersworth
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:45 PM

the most tragic story i read is that a boy died, his mother had to have brain surgery, and his 6 yr old sister had her leg amputated. imagine having your leg amputated and you discover you have no brother, maybe no mother or she's not normal. it's horrific.

it makes me angry that this happened, and it smells fishy. how did authorities know for sure it was these two brothers? there was no trial, and no evidence we know of. just a condemnation of two guys, and now they're dead. now all these rumors and stories about this and that...things would've been easier if the guys were brought into custody and had a trial.

Quoting ashellbell:

I don't assume foreign because they were shitty bombs. Amateur. If it had been N. Korea, I'm almost certain it would've been bigger and credit would've been taken. Perhaps there is a bigger cell system attached to these two boys, I don't know. All I do know, is I'm just saddened by all this at this point.

Quoting buttersworth:

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting buttersworth:

and here it is

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting buttersworth:

Quoting ashellbell:

ashellbell
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM
The young one is alive. Or did he die in the hospital?

Quoting buttersworth:

the most tragic story i read is that a boy died, his mother had to have brain surgery, and his 6 yr old sister had her leg amputated. imagine having your leg amputated and you discover you have no brother, maybe no mother or she's not normal. it's horrific.

it makes me angry that this happened, and it smells fishy. how did authorities know for sure it was these two brothers? there was no trial, and no evidence we know of. just a condemnation of two guys, and now they're dead. now all these rumors and stories about this and that...things would've been easier if the guys were brought into custody and had a trial.

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting buttersworth:

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting buttersworth:

and here it is

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting buttersworth:

Quoting ashellbell:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN