Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Homophobic Lawmaker’s Attempt To Make Sodomy And Oral Sex Illegal Fails Miserably

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 13 Replies

Homophobic Lawmaker’s Attempt To Make Sodomy And Oral Sex Illegal Fails Miserably

2013/04/17

Ken Cuccinelli

Photo by Gage Skidmore via Wikipedia

As we all know, the Supreme Court case Lawrence Vs. Texas overturned the nation’s sodomy laws. However, there seems to be one person who wishes to revive the fight. Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli petitioned the full United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Court, seeking to reinstate Virginia’s “Crimes against Nature” law, which would effectively criminalize all oral and anal sex. In other words, this is clearly aimed at gay sex. He got nowhere with his request, though, as there was a unanimous response to the petition by the Fourth Court, which issued an order rejecting the petition. Perhaps the most notable part of the entire affair is that no judge on the panel wished to poll for the petition.

Ironically enough, what Cuccinelli likely could have gotten through would have been a state ban on sex with minors. That would have been reasonable. But noooooo. He just had to have a blanket ban on all gay sex on the books, despite the fact that it is unconstitutional per Lawrence vs. Texas. 

The bottom line is, Mr. Cuccinelli, what you are suggesting here is illegal, and the Fourth Court rightfully shot you down before you could even get started. They all saw what a waste of time this petition of yours was right away, so why couldn’t you? Oh yeah, you have a one track mind: getting your own way, no matter how illegal and ridiculous it might be.

Give it up, Mr. Cuccinelli. I know that this will fall on deaf ears, but most of America has moved past the idea that it is any of the government’s business what goes on in the private lives of two consenting adults. No matter how much you might think you and your fellow social conservatives are the nation’s morality police, you simply are not. Now, I suggest you get back to doing your actual job, rather than attempting to pry into the personal lives of your constituents via this trumped up, unconstitutional legislation.

Remember: The Constitution rules this land, not any one person or moral beliefs of any one group. No matter how hard you fight it, so it shall stay.

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delilahsmom1177
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Sick!

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

paknari
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:11 PM
This man needs to recieve some oral sex. Then maybe he will not be so cranky!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanuaryBaby06
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Why do people spend so much time and so much tax dollars on this pointless dribble.

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM

What is up with the right being all worried about every ones sex life?Have they none of their own?

denise3680
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM

why are these guys spending so much time thinking about gay sex or sex period:/  Me thinks some are either in the closet or not getting it enough:/

mom2the.rescue
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM

What a weirdo!?!?!  I wonder if he's ever had a blowjob...lol

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Why do people assume only homosexual couples do these things?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I doubt he's ever had one (or a good one) otherwise he wouldn't be trying to make it illegal. LOL!

Quoting paknari:

This man needs to recieve some oral sex. Then maybe he will not be so cranky!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Maybe he has and she was really bad... LOL!

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

What a weirdo!?!?!  I wonder if he's ever had a blowjob...lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Why do people spend so much time and so much tax dollars on this pointless dribble.

With a certain portion of his support base, he'll get credit for making the attempt, despite it being doomed to failure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)