Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

The Associated Press reports that the two Boston Marathon bombing suspects in photos released last night have been identified. One is dead; the other is Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, a resident of Cambridge, Mass. who immigrated legally to the United States.

And the great googling commences, made easlier by the suspect's uncommon name. (Dzhokhar is a common Chechen name. If the etymology holds up, the suspect is very literally Caucausian.) A "Dzhokhar Tsarnaev" was awarded a student scholarship by Cambridge in 2011. That year someone with this name was a wrestling "all-star" in the Cambridge Rindge and Greater Boston League. No, Brian Ross, there is no "Dzhokhar Tsarnaev" in the rolodex of Tea Party Patriots.

UPDATE: A "Dzhokhar Tsarnaev" has a profile on VKontakte, Russia's answer to Facebook, and his wall looks ... much like the walls of Americans with the names of terror suspects, but with more Chechen jokes. Avaaz's Ben Wikler pulls a photo from the page:

Compare this to the FBI's photo:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78793.html

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/325196873486962688

http://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidner/what-we-know-about-boston-marathon-bomb-suspect-dzhokhar-tsa

http://www.businessinsider.com/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-2013-4

His Page on Vkontakte, the Russian equivalent of Facebook, has been overrun with people asking him how he could have committed the bombing, and wishing him dead.

His Page on Vkontakte, the Russian equivalent of Facebook, has been overrun with people asking him how he could have committed the bombing, and wishing him dead.
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Replies (41-49):
Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:19 AM

*shrug*

Well done?

Did you not read my post?

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Why the need to polarize the discussion by making it about liberal versus conservatives?

Maybe I'm confused because I don't have cable TV and access to non-stop speculations by pundits and I'm not glued to the internet and the Drudge report, but where did anyone, liberal or otherwise, wish for anything more than these guys getting caught?

And what they did is tactically identical to what insurgents do all the time to American soldiers in Iraq. Syria has been decimated by IED's.

Taking it back to an incident in the 1960's to try and polarize the argument is pathetic considering all that has happened in this world since.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Well, the liberals got their wish. The bomber suspects were both white Americans.

Just not the Christian conservative part .

Rather Muslim terrorists, whose tactics are a more successful version of the far-left-wing Weathermen Underground terrorists. 

So just a couple more good ol' far left wing liberals - who could teach Bill Ayers a thing or two about bomb making.

Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:22 AM

FACTS?

You referenced something that happened in the 60's in terms of a crime that just happened where no motive has been established.

That is a pathetic reach, cupcake.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Taking things in the context of events in the 1960s is called HISTORY, my dear. 

I'm actually showing FACTS. Not like the liberal MSM, implying that the terrorists were probably Tea Party members.

When is a domestic terrorist not a domestic terrorist?If the domestic terrorist is a Democrat and later becomes a college professor. Quite a few of those.

And Bill Ayers is STILL unrepentant and says, "i wish we had done  more."

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Why the need to polarize the discussion by making it about liberal versus conservatives?

Maybe I'm confused because I don't have cable TV and access to non-stop speculations by pundits and I'm not glued to the internet and the Drudge report, but where did anyone, liberal or otherwise, wish for anything more than these guys getting caught?

And what they did is tactically identical to what insurgents do all the time to American soldiers in Iraq. Syria has been decimated by IED's.

Taking it back to an incident in the 1960's to try and polarize the argument is pathetic considering all that has happened in this world since.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Well, the liberals got their wish. The bomber suspects were both white Americans.

Rather Muslim terrorists, whose tactics are a more successful version of the far-left-wing Weathermen Underground terrorists. 

So just a couple more good ol' far left wing liberals - who could teach Bill Ayers a thing or two about bomb making.

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Matthews..the tub o lard Moore..and some leftys on this site wanted it to be white Christians who did it.That is the sad truth.

denise3680
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Quoting tnmomofive:

Matthews..the tub o lard Moore..and some leftys on this site wanted it to be white Christians who did it.That is the sad truth.

I cannot speak for Mathews or whoever the tub o lard is? but as a person on this site, your assumption is off base.  Show one reply that shows what you said is true.  Once again someone trying to prove their OPINION is a fact:/ I think it is sick how some on  her are trying to make this a political issue and then trying to separateonce again people based on pure and simple speculation:/  The facts of this case have not come out, no one knows the motivation, but now everyone wants to be an expert.  Not one news site has anymore information about a motive then another, so none of them knows anything:/  Everyone is on there giving their opinion on things and none of it can be proven.

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

So you have already decided to take dear leaders orders.The suspects own grandmother said they were involved with extreme Islam..the uncle said he would not be surprised that they did this.The older brother went back n forth overseas and wasnt even watched...eventhough we had been warned!.He was very likely receiving training to commit this horrible act.Two plus two equals four.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting tnmomofive:

I cannot speak for Mathews or whoever the tub o lard is? but as a person on this site, your assumption is off base.  Show one reply that shows what you said is true.  Once again someone trying to prove their OPINION is a fact:/ I think it is sick how some on  her are trying to make this a political issue and then trying to separateonce again people based on pure and simple speculation:/  The facts of this case have not come out, no one knows the motivation, but now everyone wants to be an expert.  Not one news site has anymore information about a motive then another, so none of them knows anything:/  Everyone is on there giving their opinion on things and none of it can be proven.

denise3680
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tnmomofive:

So you have already decided to take dear leaders orders.The suspects own grandmother said they were involved with extreme Islam..the uncle said he would not be surprised that they did this.The older brother went back n forth overseas and wasnt even watched...eventhough we had been warned!.He was very likely receiving training to commit this horrible act.Two plus two equals four.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting tnmomofive:

You sound angry and making no sense.  You wrote some very inflammatory things and now have been called to the carpet to explain or prove your assumptions, it appears you cant and are deflecting:/  Why is that?  I do not take any ones orders on how I am supposed to feel or think or anything.  All the facts have not come out, noone knows what the motivation for this was, noone knows why they did it, noone knows anything but everyone has an opinion on it.  Even the dear grandmother and uncle have an opinion, dos that make it fact, NO.  Yes it appears that the older one watched some videos on extreme Islam but it does not  appear that the younger one did.  Again prove where any of us on here hoped that it we wanted it to be a white christian.  prove your accusations or don't make them.

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting tnmomofive:

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting tnmomofive:

You sound angry and making no sense.  You wrote some very inflammatory things and now have been called to the carpet to explain or prove your assumptions, it appears you cant and are deflecting:/  Why is that?  I do not take any ones orders on how I am supposed to feel or think or anything.  All the facts have not come out, noone knows what the motivation for this was, noone knows why they did it, noone knows anything but everyone has an opinion on it.  Even the dear grandmother and uncle have an opinion, dos that make it fact, NO.  Yes it appears that the older one watched some videos on extreme Islam but it does not  appear that the younger one did.  Again prove where any of us on here hoped that it we wanted it to be a white christian.  prove your accusations or don't make them.

I am not deflecting.As for being angry of course I am at the state of the country.Making no sense? You seem to understand what I have stated clearly.The media was implying left and right that it was..or they hoped..it was tea party people or white cons.Obama should have been opening his mouth then ordering everyone not to speculate or accuse.As for some on this site hoping it was white cons it was implied in the same way that the media implied it through some threads.I am not going to go back through and pull the posts out.
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Let me think - Anyone who can do a Google search can find boatloads of documentation on this self- acknowledged, unrepentant extreme left wing communist, domestic terrorist group committed to overthrowing the US government, who set bombs at police stations, even the Pentagon during the 60s and 70s in because of Vietnam War - can find out it's pretty obvious what the motive was. 

Your lack of knowledge of American history is astonishing, Twinkie.

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

FACTS?

You referenced something that happened in the 60's in terms of a crime that just happened where no motive has been established.

That is a pathetic reach, cupcake.

Quoting SallyMJ:

Taking things in the context of events in the 1960s is called HISTORY, my dear. 

I'm actually showing FACTS. Not like the liberal MSM, implying that the terrorists were probably Tea Party members.

When is a domestic terrorist not a domestic terrorist?If the domestic terrorist is a Democrat and later becomes a college professor. Quite a few of those.

And Bill Ayers is STILL unrepentant and says, "i wish we had done  more."

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting SallyMJ:

jcrew6
by Jenney on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I read your post. I just think you are full of shit to all of sudden be concerned about polariziation.  

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

*shrug*

Well done?

Did you not read my post?

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting Kate_Momof3:

Quoting SallyMJ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)