Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

A Challenge For All You Republicans That Are Christian Conservatives

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 41 Replies

"I have wiped out many nations, devastating their fortress walls and towers.  Their cities are now deserted; their streets are in silent ruin.  There are no survivors to even tell what happened.  I thought, 'Surely they will have reverence for me now!  Surely they will listen to my warnings, so I won't need to strike again.'  But no; however much I punish them, they continue their evil practices from dawn till dusk and dusk till dawn."  So now the LORD says: "Be patient; the time is coming soon when I will stand up and accuse these evil nations.  For it is my decision to gather together the kingdoms of the earth and pour out my fiercest anger and fury on them.  All the earth will be devoured by the fire of my jealousy.  "On that day I will purify the lips of all people, so that everyone will be able to worship the LORD together.  My scattered people who live beyond the rivers of Ethiopia will come to present their offerings.   (Zephaniah 3:6-10 NLT)

The mark of something human; Jealousy.

First of all this is mostly a challenge to the shrieking republinazis. If you are a moderate Republican, or a registered Republican but don't really care, or if you just hate Obama, this is not directed towards you.

After a week of debating the ihateobama page on Facebook, I finally proposed a challenge. Not that I am going to say it is irrefutable  but what I love about this is the sheer "*GASPS*" that I get. Anyway. Instead of answering me they permabanned me and deleted the post. Cowards.

God is an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnibenevolent being. For those of you that don't know who Epicurus is or have never really taken an interest in Philosophy; Omnipotence is the ability to have maximum ability. You can do whatever you want whenever you please. You can erect a tower out of dirt, you can turn a tower to gold, you can create a universe. Omniscience means to have the godlike gift of infinite knowledge. Everything that ever has happened or ever will happen is at your disposal. Everything that could ever happen based on conditional points in time (choices basically), is in your hands. Basically, the past, the present, and the future is all your will. Knowing what will happen at any given time is your will if you let it happen and are all powerful.

Omnipresence is the ability to be everywhere and anywhere at any given point in time. You are basically the embodiment of the the Universe and are one with it (damn I sound like a crazy astrologist don't I?). And finally, Omnibenevolence is the awe inspiring gift of infinite kindness. No measure is too long, no tragedy ever comes without you stopping it, and everyone receives the same treatment.

Now for the logical argument. God, being omnipotent, and omniscient, is all powerful. If God didn't like the way certain things were going God could stop them of course and God would retaliate like he has "in the past". However, the sheer fact that he is letting them happen means it is God's will. If God didn't wanna Obama elected, he wouldn't have let him become elected. If God hated gays, he probably would have allowed some extreme legislation to pass against them. But the mere fact that all these things have happened or aren't happening means they are happening because that's how God wants them to happen. At this point, we can argue that these are all predetermined, every action of course. Which means political argument is futile. Why would you want to to argue against something that is God's will? You are being disobedient by arguing against it. Every single moment that happens must be embraced because it is God's will.

Of course this leaves for a grim view, and for good reason, because if God exists, this is what it's like. Please note, these next few lines I disagree in completely, these are logical extractions taken from the view of God; if God exists, this is how the world truly is. If Christians should embrace every moment because it is God's will, then for every child that dies, you should rejoice, for every army soldier that died to protect us, you should not mourn, but rejoice. Every child abused, every infant murdered, every woman raped, every man slaughtered. This is God's will. This is how God wants it to be. This isn't some "twisted" form of logic, this is logic at it's finest.  God has a hard-on for human suffering.

At this point I ask you an important question that will define you. It is a question that defines who you are as a person, if you even have morals, whether your are delusional or not, and maybe even your psychological evaluation... If instructed by God to kill 100 infants, and after you asked "why?" he said "I need some amusement", would you do it? If you answered yes, you are completely delusional and are no more trying to impress your God because of fear than a slave attempts to betray his kind to be free from their master.

If for a fact I knew God was real--which I don't because I have never seen evidence of God--and I was told to kill 100 babies for his amusement? I would tell him to fuck off, and maybe he would have obliterated me and probably killed the infants anyway, but the fact that I didn't decide to kill him would have proven one thing: My morals far outweigh the morals of the "moral lawgiver" himself.

This is why I have no belief in God. Because I don't agree with what's happening. I say to myself, "someone with infinite kindness would not allow things like these to happen", someone with infinite kindness has morals that far outweigh whatever benefit he or she has in mind for killing someone. If you believe in the God of Abraheem; the God of the Jews, the God of the Christians, and the God of the Muslims, you probably should follow God's example and rejoice every time someone dies or a child is found dead, because that's how God wants it.

TLDR: Dear Republicans, Your God sucks, and I have better morals than he will ever have.

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JanuaryBaby06
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM
5 moms liked this

um... what? This article is crap and very insulting.

susan115
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM
3 moms liked this

You keep looking in the mirror and letting yourself you are a better person.  You might be, but as a very proud conservative republican here is my advice to your looney post..."He who lives in a glass house, should not throw stones."  Get the message?

gludwig2000
by Gina on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I really don't get the point of this post, or what the challenge is.

kcangel63
by Amanda on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
God won't prevent people's free will. If people want a king, they can have a king. If people want to eat pork, they can eat pork. If people want war, let them have war.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DSamuels
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM
4 moms liked this

I stopped reading when I hit "shrieking republinazis." That told me all I needed to know. If you want someone to read something, possibly with an open mind, don't insult them on the second line. 

Just saying!

Edited to correct a typo.

soshite
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Quoting gludwig2000:

The challenge is basically to argue against it. But to everyone else who doesn't seem to understand and say it's "crap", it's not crap it's logic. If your God knows everything that has ever happened or ever will, you do not have free will because it has already been decided, it's simple logic. And if people die it is your God's will and therefore you should rejoice in it. Is it insulting to you? It probably is, but hey, that's the reality of it. Most people will read this and simply say "twisted logic", but it's not twisted logic. It's just logic. In the same way people ignore that God, a supposed "perfect" being that displays very human-like emotions (jealousy, anger, vengence), comitted infanticide and has caused suffering for a reason none other than being duped (come on, what all powerful all knowing God get's manipulated so easy? What a tool), most people ignore this and decide to give in to Cognitive Dissonace and just say "this can't be true", well it more than likely is if  God exists.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Okay, so you are trying to argue or change someone else's faith. Got it.
Quoting soshite:

Quoting gludwig2000:

The challenge is basically to argue against it. But to everyone else who doesn't seem to understand and say it's "crap", it's not crap it's logic. If your God knows everything that has ever happened or ever will, you do not have free will because it has already been decided, it's simple logic. And if people die it is your God's will and therefore you should rejoice in it. Is it insulting to you? It probably is, but hey, that's the reality of it. Most people will read this and simply say "twisted logic", but it's not twisted logic. It's just logic. In the same way people ignore that God, a supposed "perfect" being that displays very human-like emotions (jealousy, anger, vengence), comitted infanticide and has caused suffering for a reason none other than being duped (come on, what all powerful all knowing God get's manipulated so easy? What a tool), most people ignore this and decide to give in to Cognitive Dissonace and just say "this can't be true", well it more than likely is if  God exists.

kcangel63
by Amanda on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:26 PM
LOL! Good luck with that. ;)

Quoting gludwig2000:

Okay, so you are trying to argue or change someone else's faith. Got it.

Quoting soshite:

Quoting gludwig2000:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
29again
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting soshite:

Quoting gludwig2000:

No, this IS crap.  Maybe you don't understand, but yes, God IS omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnibenevolent.  WE are made in HIS image, so why is it such a surprise that He, at the end of it all, wants us to worship Him and only Him? Yes, He is a jealous God.  Why shouldn't He be?  Yes, at the end, He will destroy His enemies.  He loves us all, and wants us to do right.  However, some have been deceived and are not.  He will give chance after chance after chance after chance.  But at the end, He will destroy His enemies, plain and simple. 

Clearly, you have yet to feel the presence of God.  I am sure that some day you will, whether you want to or not. 

But yes, this OP is crap, there is not one bit of logic in it.

JanuaryBaby06
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting soshite:

Quoting gludwig2000:

Not every Christian is even Republican.... this is more of an attack on Christains I just find it really low to attack someone on the basis of Religion which is more or less what this dribble is. I fail to see this logic that you are going on about. Yes people die, bad things happen and....?

I am not Christian but I was raised Catholic and started off leaning on the more Republican side when i 1st started voting.... that being said I believe that it is said that God gave people freewill, he gave you all you have and (IMO) after sending his one and only son he then took a step back and said let's see what you can do with it. If he was orchestrating everything where is the free-will? I don't believe that people that are Christians view themselves as puppets. God created this world and set us free to do as we please yet at the same time, hope that we choose to do what is right hence the laws he has laid in place so that his followers may find their way. Bad things happen, if they didn't how would anyone be able to recognize the good. Also while aimed at Christians it attacks many things that both Jews and Muslims also believe.

Most of what CHristian bashers rant about is the vengeful God from the old testament while pretty much ignoring the huge change that is shown in the  new testament.

Even if the writer hadn't said they were an Athiest you could tell. This author is very obviously wrestling with there own garbage. The only challenge here is coming out of this article and still having some brain cells left. What dribble!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN