Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Suspected Ricin Man Released

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

http://rt.com/usa/letters-kevin-released-curtis-290/

Suspected ricin mailer released from custody as all charges dropped

Published time: April 23, 2013 19:58 
Edited time: April 23, 2013 22:33
Paul Kevin Curtis. (Image from facebook.com)

The Mississippi Elvis impersonator who was briefly suspected of sending poisoned letters to US President Barack Obama and members of Congress has been released from jail, with the Justice Department dropping all charges against him.

A US attorney's motion to dismiss without prejudice charges against suspected ricin mailer Paul Kevin Curtis has been accepted by federal judicial authorities. Citing “new information,” the US Justice Department is evidently moving on to other suspects in the case. Federal marshals released Curtis earlier on Tuesday.

Authorities had confirmed Tuesday afternoon that Curtis, 45, was no longer in federal custody less than a week after being apprehended.

Police arrested Curtis last Wednesday at his house in Corinth, Miss. and charged him with sending mail that contained a threat to kill or harm the president and with sending mail containing a threat to injure the president. Authorities say Curtis sent letters believed to contain the hazardous chemical ricin to Obama, Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) and a Lee County, Miss., judge.

When the FBI announced Curtis’ arrest last week, they said the letters he was suspected of mailing were signed, "I am KC and I approve this message,” a signature that he often used on his personal Facebook page.

Elsewhere in the correspondence Curtis allegedly wrote, “Maybe I have your attention now even if that means someone must die.”

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Well then

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM

They kind of had to release him.  They couldn't find any evidence to connect him to those letters.  There was no ricin, the ingredients, traces of it, nothing in his house or on his property.  And, there were no on-line searches for ricin on his computer.  So they had nada.  I wonder where they will go from here.

kcangel63
by Amanda on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM
At least they released him. ;)
emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM

he was released because they had no evidence on him

Kim370
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM
2 moms liked this

He should be arrested for just being an Elvis impersonator.

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM

lol

Quoting Kim370:

He should be arrested for just being an Elvis impersonator.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)