Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

San Francisco Taxpayers Fund Giant Penis...Seriously

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM
  • 17 Replies

San Francisco Taxpayers Fund Giant Penis...Seriously

San Francisco Taxpayers Fund Giant Penis…Seriously
Kira Davis

San Francisco taxpayers get a lot for their money – typical government services, homeless shelters, and….giant penises. That’s right. The hardworking residents of San Francisco are paying for a giant penis. Three, actually – all in different hues (racism, you know?). SFGate.com reports that the SF Department of Public Health has made the decision to yank the 6 ft. tall penis from retirement after 4 years. Healthy Penis first rose to the scene in 2002 and was used as a tool to encourage men in the gay community to receive regular testing for STDs.

The Healthy Penis will be displayed at parades, community events and wherever he can be inserted into the throbbing nightlife of San Francisco’s thriving gay community. His point? While HIV cases have been steadily declining in the San Francisco area, other STDs such as chlamydia and gonorrhea have seen a sharp increase. Healthy Penis wants to remind gay men that it’s not too hard to get tested every 6 months in order to maintain their own healthy penises. Those who do decide to get tested will receive a coupon for discounts at local business and a soft Healthy Penis plush toy to squeeze and pull to relieve stress.

San Francisco provides a wide girth of social services for it’s residents. Some might say they have enough balls in the air as it is and perhaps taxpayers don’t need to be paying for 6 ft. genitalia to be thrust into the middle of parades and other community celebrations.

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gsprofval
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM

This is hideous; no one needs to see a giant penis in a parade!  What about little kids? How stupid is this?

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL this is hilarious!  And sorry if your kids get offended over a body part.  I would take it as an opportunity to teach my daughter the correct terminology and to recognize it as just that, a penis, an organ that men have.  Sadly others won't be so open with their children (because we all know how taboo body parts are).  OH well.

gsprofval
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:01 PM

What morons.  I choose when to talk to my kids about body parts; dumbasses don't get that privilege.

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:09 PM

That last comment didn't make any sense.  Your children will be bombarded with images that you may or may not approve of for the rest of their life.  Instead of trying to hide it from them take it as an opportunity for them to learn and not be so uncomfortable with a natural part of life.

JustCJ
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Typical for the toilet of the country. No surprise to me.
kcangel63
by Amanda on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM
O.M.G! I don't know if I should laugh, or hide under my covers. LOLOLOLOL!! Laughing won out!

Who in the hell wants to see a giant penis in a parade and community events?!

Look Jenny, there's the giant penis! Wave to the penis!
JanuaryBaby06
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Oh Lordy! What's crazy isn't so much what it is as much as how it's funded. How does that even work? How does that raise awareness at all? There isn't any better way to do this... really?
grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so glad my family and I visited SF in the 80's before the lunatics took over.  I honestly don't know why any one would raise children there.

LIMom1105
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:50 PM
LMAO!!! This is hysterical. I'm not a San Fran taxpayer, so it's not really my business. The STD testing is a good use of tax dollars, not sure you need a giant penis, but it doesn't bother me. I do have little kids, and my 5 year old would crack up over this too.

Thanks for the laugh today!
LIMom1105
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:53 PM
They could charge for photo ops with it to cover the costs. Tweens and teens (and some adults) would cover their nut in no time (sorry, couldn't resist the joke).

Quoting kcangel63:

O.M.G! I don't know if I should laugh, or hide under my covers. LOLOLOLOL!! Laughing won out!

Who in the hell wants to see a giant penis in a parade and community events?!

Look Jenny, there's the giant penis! Wave to the penis!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)