Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What will it take?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM
  • 57 Replies

A friend asked me this two days ago when we were at the playground. Shes a repub. We were talking about obama and what will it take for me and other liberals to see any truth in to what the repubs are saying.I was speechless!

so,what will it take?

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blues_pagan
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Hmmm...it would take them dropping issues like banning gay marriage and abortion, putting God into everything, and basically canning their entire platform and realizing that we don't want their extreme conservative views, we want something more moderate.  

HardRockKim
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I said pretty much the same thing, she asked what would it take for me to believe that obama is a lyer and an awful president.

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM

What would it take for her to believe the same about Bush?

Quoting HardRockKim:

I said pretty much the same thing, she asked what would it take for me to believe that obama is a lyer and an awful president.

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Well.....what what would it take for you to believe that Obama is a liar and the "worse president" we've had since Jimmy Carter?  In fact he may be taking that title away from Carter.  Oh, and if you bother to answer your friend's and my same question, don't make it about the republicans.  The question is about Obama.

Quoting HardRockKim:

grandma B

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Here's the thing, he isn't.  And you can't say "don't make it about Republicans" because they have done as much harm as anyone else in all of this.  I blame much of our problems on things like Reganomics which really messed things up.  Our issue is historic it doesn't start with Obama.

Quoting grandmab125:

Well.....what what would it take for you to believe that Obama is a liar and the "worse president" we've had since Jimmy Carter?  In fact he may be taking that title away from Carter.  Oh, and if you bother to answer your friend's and my same question, don't make it about the republicans.  The question is about Obama.

Quoting HardRockKim:

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM

You are so delusional.  Your reply rates a:

rolling on floor

Quoting blues_pagan:

Here's the thing, he isn't.  And you can't say "don't make it about Republicans" because they have done as much harm as anyone else in all of this.  I blame much of our problems on things like Reganomics which really messed things up.  Our issue is historic it doesn't start with Obama.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting HardRockKim:

grandma B

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I am the one being delusional?  Really...ok grandma.  YOUR generation is the reason this one is fucked.  

Quoting grandmab125:

rolling on floor

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting HardRockKim:

grandmab125
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:29 PM
8 moms liked this

Hardly.  This generation is screwed because we now have a generation of spoiled, me, me, me, give me, give me, give me, entitled spoiled brats who never grew up....never take responsibility for their own lives, and expect the gov't to do everything for them.

Quoting blues_pagan:

I am the one being delusional?  Really...ok grandma.  YOUR generation is the reason this one is fucked.  

Quoting grandmab125:

rolling on floor

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting HardRockKim:

grandma B

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk about never taking responsibility.  Certain things have happened in this country that has led up to the point we are at now.  These things were happening when many in the current generation, like myself, were only children.  We can thank Dodd-Frank, lack of regulations, Reganomics and the housing bubble, none of which were created by the current generation or by Obama.

Quoting grandmab125:

Hardly.  This generation is screwed because we now have a generation of spoiled, me, me, me, give me, give me, give me, entitled spoiled brats who never grew up....never take responsibility for their own lives, and expect the gov't to do everything for them.

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting grandmab125:

rolling on floor

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting HardRockKim:

kcangel63
by Amanda on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM
What will it take for both sides to see they are both wrong and are both right?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)