Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Would you like to see Jeb Bush run in 2016?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 34 Replies

Jeb Bush's Own Mother Doesn't Think He Should Be President

by Lindsay Ferrier

Jeb BushImagine you're considered to be a top contender for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016.

Now imagine your own mother is telling the world she really doesn't think you should run.

That's exactly what just happened to Jeb Bush. In a Today show interview Thursday, Barbara Bush said that although she believes Jeb is the most qualified candidate, "We've had enough Bushes."

Do you agree with her?

Mrs. Bush's statement seemed to surprise her daughter-in-law Laura Bush and granddaughter Jenna Bush Hager, who were also sitting in on the interview, which took place before the dedication of George W. Bush’s presidential library.

When asked if she'd told Jeb of her feelings, Jenna jumped in and said, "Well, now! Surprise!"

Jeb Bush responded to his mother's comments in a brief email. His words: "Priceless indeed."

Somehow, I'm imagining him saying that with a grimace.

I suppose Barbara Bush is old enough now to speak her mind and not worry about the consequences, but I'd be a little ticked if I were Jeb -- after all, we like to imagine our moms are our number one supporters, no matter what.

If Jeb wants to run in 2016, though, he'll have to rely on his brother, George W. Bush for support. "Well, big Jeb, you know, he's got a decision to make," he told CNN's John King this week. "And if I could make it for him, it'd be, 'run,' but I can't."

Uh oh. I'm envisioning a bit of a family feud now at the next Bush reunion ...

So what do you think? Would you like to see Jeb Bush run in 2016? Or do you, like Barbara Bush, believe that we've had enough Bushes?

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gludwig2000
by Gina on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:10 PM

No, I think that we have had enough Bushes in office. Nothing against him since I don't know much about him although I've heard that a lot of Floridians do not like him, at least my family doesn't, but its time for that family to step aside and let others handle things. I'm positive that the Republicans can come up with a good qualified candidate for 2016 with out fishing in the Bush Pond again,lol.

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I will NEVER vote for another Bush again.

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM
No, no, no, no.... Not another Bush!
I might revert back to a Democrat, well, I will vote Democratic anyway if Hilary runs.... so, this could be an idle threat.... but, no - I truly believe we have had enough from the Bush family. I laughed when I heard Barbara say this! Reminds me of my senile 90 year old grandma. You never know what is going to come out of her mouth but she believes it 125%!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I'm not really sure how I feel on it havent really thought much about it. I was a supporter of bush and know the family personally  I don't really know much about jeb politically but I can guarantee if he does or doesn't run at some point another bush will run. 

LIMom1105
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM

No

momtoscott
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Ahahahaha.  No.  

lylalane7275
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Absolutely not.

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM

no

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:24 PM
No! I agree with Barbara.
Pema_Jampa
by Celeste on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Yes run Bush run!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)