Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Since I have seen some new people...what are your views

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:52 PM
  • 20 Replies

On hot topics such as 

gay marriage

abortion

Republicans vs Democrats (partisanship)

the war in the Middle East

the budget

add anything else that you would like.  My views will be in the replies.

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SLTmom
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Quoting blues_pagan:

On hot topics such as 

gay marriage. Pro

abortion. Pro-choice

Republicans vs Democrats (partisanship). Dem

the war in the Middle East. Unending

the budget. Un fixable 

add anything else that you would like.  My views will be in the replies.

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"  Gerry Spence

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:57 PM

In my opinion no consenting adult should be told that he/she can't marry another consenting adult.  With that I am in favor of gay marriage as well as polygamy.  As long as everyone in the relationship are consenting adults I see no issue.

As for abortion, I don't think anyone has a right to tell a woman what she can or cannot do with her body.  With that being said I do believe that once the fetus is viable on it's own (between 24-27 weeks gestation) that abortion should only be used for medical necessity such as if there could be a complication that could potentially harm the woman or there is something wrong with the fetus that would mean it wouldn't have much of a life.  I am on the fence about aborting due to reasons such as Downs Syndrome.  While I wouldn't abort for that reason that doesn't mean every family would be able to handle something like that.

I can't stand either party anymore to be completely honest.  I was staying hopeful that after this election that things would change but they haven't.  I think that the 2 party system as we know it needs to be dismantled and that politicians should run on their own merit not under the umbrella platform of the party that they choose.

The War in the Middle East needs to end.  Osama Bin Laden has been killed and there are more pressing issues here in the US that need to be addressed.  Bring our troops home!  We had no business in Iraq and we no longer have any business overseas anymore.

The budget needs to be balanced.  With that I think that there needs to be a line by line done on everything that the US spends.  From there find the waste and drop it.  No asking for permission, if we don't need it we don't need it.  

JanuaryBaby06
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM

some ideas. death penalty - assisted suicide - 3 strike law - gun control - the meaning of seperation of church and state - isreal / palestaine - domestic oil - fracking - immigration - unions - obama care - out sourcing - corportate personhood - tax incentives - flat tax - earmarks - monsanto - domestic drilling - renewable energy - welfare - medicare

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM

euthenasia :)  I agree with it.  I think that at a certain point some people should choose if they live or die as long as their are coherent or had a will drafted stating they want to be euthenized at a certain part.  

I am a gun owner but I will say I think there need to be limitations.  Back ground checks, registeration for both guns and the gun owner and gun licenses.  

The Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) has it's issues but I think that it sets a great path for Universal Healthcare which is needed in this country.  That and it isn't really that different from Romneycare which was embraced in Massachusetts.

Corporations are not people, period.

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

some ideas. death penalty - youth in asia - 3 strike law - gun control - the meaning of seperation of church and state - isreal / palestaine - domestic oil - fracking - immigration - unions - obama care - out sourcing - corportate personhood - tax incentives - flat tax

JanuaryBaby06
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:22 PM

haha i knew that wasnt right so i edited it to assisted suicide-lol

Quoting blues_pagan:

euthenasia :)  I agree with it.  I think that at a certain point some people should choose if they live or die as long as their are coherent or had a will drafted stating they want to be euthenized at a certain part.  

I am a gun owner but I will say I think there need to be limitations.  Back ground checks, registeration for both guns and the gun owner and gun licenses.  

The Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) has it's issues but I think that it sets a great path for Universal Healthcare which is needed in this country.  That and it isn't really that different from Romneycare which was embraced in Massachusetts.

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

some ideas. death penalty - youth in asia - 3 strike law - gun control - the meaning of seperation of church and state - isreal / palestaine - domestic oil - fracking - immigration - unions - obama care - out sourcing - corportate personhood - tax incentives - flat tax

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Do you have any views which you would like to share?

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

JanuaryBaby06
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM
i added more topics.... Yeah I'll eventually add my own. still trying to brain storm issues now though. I love these types of questions.
Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I think that there are enough issues.  Too many questions and people might not want to answer lol.

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

i added more topics.... Yeah I'll eventually add my own. still trying to brain storm issues now though. I love these types of questions.
Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

JanuaryBaby06
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:30 PM

i guess thats true. I'll stop then.

Quoting blues_pagan:

I think that there are enough issues.  Too many questions and people might not want to answer lol.

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:32 PM

No worries :)  Save your ideas for later discussions 

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

i guess thats true. I'll stop then.

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)