Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

CBS: WHITE HOUSE 'WAS HOPING' PAIN FROM SEQUESTRATION WOULD HURT GOP

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 14 Replies

29 Apr 2013, 12:10 PM PDT

CBS This Morning admitted Republicans "have a point" that the sequester's cuts could be smarter and more flexible. They went on to say that the White House was hoping Americans would protest from the pain inflicted by the cuts and demand a reversal of the sequester bill.

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh my....from CBS??!!  Hell must have frozen over.....

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, you can hear the shock in their voices when he says that.

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Oh my....from CBS??!!  Hell must have frozen over.....

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM

BUMP!

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:41 AM
4 moms liked this

Really? Considering Barry contributed to this stupid idea, if not created it, and signed off on it, additionally he added a few of his own "ideas"....

It was orchestrated to hurt the GOP all it's done is hurt Barry, and the dems.

Maybe, if Barry stopped trying to 'take out' the GOP, and being malicious, he'd have more time to...oh..idk..RUN THE COUNTRY!?

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:46 AM
3 moms liked this

We all knew this. The interesting thing about this is that a LIBERAL REPORTER made this comment to OTHER LIBERAL REPORTERS. No conservatives here!

Which is what  happened before, when the press needled Obama for playing the Gloom and Doom Sequester Game in late Feb/early March. And Obama and the Dems got smacked.

And then two months later,  they try it again?!

Hubris.

He has no idea how to run the country. He just likes the trappings and to give speeches with a teleprompter.

If there had been a way for Romney to do the work and Obama to get the glory, I don't think it would have bothered Mitt one bit. He likes to actually fix things so they work. Obama could give a rat's a$$ on whether things are fixed or work -he just likes to be worshipped.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Really? Considering Barry contributed to this stupid idea, if not created it, and signed off on it, additionally he added a few of his own "ideas"....

It was orchestrated to hurt the GOP all it's done is hurt Barry, and the dems.

Maybe, if Barry stopped trying to 'take out' the GOP, and being malicious, he'd have more time to...oh..idk..RUN THE COUNTRY!?

Carpy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:32 AM
5 moms liked this

The republicans offered up a bill to allow the cuts to be made wisely.  Obama refused it.  That says it all.  He will play politics to that degree at all our expenses.

4kidz916
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:57 AM
3 moms liked this

That's been their game plan all along. 

CreamCheeze
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't even noticed it.

Who exactly has been hurt?

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

They offered a bill that allowed Obama to make the cuts however he personally wanted them, wise or unwise, he ran screaming from it.

Quoting Carpy:

The republicans offered up a bill to allow the cuts to be made wisely.  Obama refused it.  That says it all.  He will play politics to that degree at all our expenses.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I'm guessing you:

1) Haven't flown in the past week or so.

2) Haven't tried to do a tour of the WH.

3) Been part of the military leadership that is trying to get enough security in the Gulf, but not crazy about leaving on of their aircraft carriers in the docks.

4) Been a senior who depend on Meals on Wheels.

5) Aren't 3-5 years old and can't go to Head Start.

6) Do not receive low income assistance,

7) Are not a civilian who works for the military - who got your pink slip in February and are subject to layoff June 1, if I'm not mistake. 

BTW, for some bizarre reason, the sequester apparently does not decrease the hiring of federal government employees. Somehow I think there is a better use of $2 million than hiring  more government workers. And I'm pretty sure extravagant WH parties, and 50 or so golf outings a year, are also NOT on the chopping block. And Obama hasn't offered to accept $1 in salary - since he is a multimillionaire - so he can feel our pain.

Quoting CreamCheeze:

I haven't even noticed it.

Who exactly has been hurt?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN