Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PETA the Killing machine!!!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:18 PM
  • 11 Replies

Nathan J. Winograd

GET UPDATES FROM NATHAN J. WINOGRAD

Shocking Photos: PETA's Secret Slaughter of Kittens, Puppies

Posted: 04/02/2013 3:51 pm

Warning: Some of the following graphic photos may distress the reader.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is an organization that publicly claims to represent the best interest of animals -- indeed their "ethical treatment." Yet approximately 2,000 animals pass through PETA's front door every year and very few make it out alive. The vast majority -- 96 percent in 2011 -- exit the facility out the back door after they have been killed, when PetCremation Services of Tidewater stops by on their regular visits to pick up their remains. Between these visits, the bodies are stored in the giant walk-in freezer PETA installed for this very purpose. It is a freezer that cost $9,370 and, like the company which incinerates the bodies of PETA's victims, was paid for with the donations of animal lovers who could never have imagined that the money they donated to help animals would be used to end their lives instead. In fact, in the last 11 years, PETA has killed 29,426 dogs, cats, rabbits, and other domestic animals.

Most animal lovers find this hard to believe. But seeing is believing. And if it is true that a picture speaks a thousand words, the following images speak volumes about who and what PETA really stands for.

2013-03-29-petahq.jpg

Source: whypetakills.org

The PETA headquarters is on the aptly named Front Street. While claiming to be an animal rights organization, PETA does not believe animals have a right to live. Instead, it believes that people have a right to kill them, as long as the killing is done "humanely," which PETA interprets to mean poisoning them with an overdose of barbiturates, even if the animals are not suffering. In 2012, 733 dogs entered this building. They killed 602 of them. Only 12 were adopted. Also in 2012, they impounded 1,110 cats. 1,045 were put to death. Seven of them were adopted. They also took in 34 other companion animals, such as rabbits, of which 28 were put to death. Only four were adopted.

2013-03-29-dumpster.jpg

A supermarket dumpster full of garbage bags. When police officers looked inside, they found the bodies of dead animals -- animals killed by PETA. PETA described these animals as "adorable" and "perfect."A veterinarian who naively gave PETA some of the animals, thinking they would find them homes, and examined the dead bodies of others, testified that they were "healthy" and "adoptable."

2013-03-29-mamaandkittens1.jpg

A mother cat and her two kittens, all perfectly healthy and adoptable and none in danger of being killed until they were given to PETA by a veterinarian who was trying to find them homes and was told by PETA employees that they would have no problem adopting them out. After PETA lied to him and the mother and her kittens were entrusted to their care, they reportedly killed them, within minutes, in the back of a van.

2013-03-29-Petadeathkit.jpg

The PETA field killing kit found by police in the back of the PETA death van in Ahoskie, North Carolina.

2013-03-29-AP050617018838.jpg

Source: Associated Press

An Ahoskie Police Detective dressed in a hazmat suit prepares to bury a puppy killed by PETA. This puppy and dozens of other animals including cats and kittens were found by police throughout June of 2005 after PETA employees dumped them in a garbage bin in North Carolina.

2013-03-29-deadpuppies_0001.jpg

Puppies killed by PETA in the back of a van -- a donor-funded slaughterhouse on wheels. Despite $35,000,000 in annual revenues and millions of "animal-loving" members, PETA does not even try to find them homes. PETA has no adoption hours, does no adoption promotion, has no adoption floor, but is registered with the State of Virginia as a "humane society" or "animal shelter."

2013-03-29-peta_inspect.jpg

Source: Virginia Department of Agriculture

According to inspection reports by the Virginia Department of Agriculture, the PETA facility "does not contain sufficient animal enclosures to routinely house the number of animals annually reported as taken into custody... The shelter is not accessible to the public, promoted, or engaged in efforts to facilitate the adoption of animals taken into custody."

Routine inspections often found "no animals to be housed in the facility" or, at best "few animals in custody," despite thousands of them impounded by PETA annually. Since they take in thousands per year, where were they? "90% [of the animals] were euthanized within the first 24 hours of custody," according to the Virginia Department of Agriculture inspector. How can people adopt animals from PETA when they kill the animals they acquire within minutes without ever making them available for adoption? How can people adopt animals when they have no adoption hours, do no adoption promotion, and do not show animals for adoption, choosing to kill them without doing so? In fact, when asked by a reporter what efforts they make to find animals homes, PETA had no comment.

2013-03-29-petapostcard.jpg

Source: Nathan Winograd

A postcard written and signed by Ingrid Newkirk, PETA's founder, admitting that PETA does not believe animals have a right to live, despite its public perception of PETA as an "animal rights" organization. The right to life is the most fundamental of all rights. It is fundamental because without it, no other "rights" are possible. How can animals be guaranteed the right to food, water, shelter and protection, when those things can be taken away by killing them?

2013-03-29-petaempty.jpg

Source: Nathan Winograd

Many animal lovers who have publicly condemned PETA for their killing have received a letter from the PETA legal department, threatening a lawsuit. However, because a lawsuit would allow for subpoenas of PETA employees past and present -- leading to under-oath testimonies about the grisly reality of what has and is going on at PETA headquarters -- it is unlikely that PETA would ever follow-through with these empty threats.

Their donor-funded attorneys rattle their sabers, but know they have a lot more to fear from the public disclosure that would result from a lawsuit than the animal activists who are truthfully -- and, given PETA's threats and intimidation, bravely -- reporting on PETA's atrocities against animals in the hope of bringing them to an end. When you donate to PETA, you not only fund the killing of animals, you fund the intimidation of animal lovers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nathan-j-winograd/peta-kills-puppies-kittens_b_2979220.html

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blues_pagan
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I hated PETA before this but now I can say I detest these hypocritical asses.
kcangel63
by Amanda on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Poor little animals. :(

Petakillsanimals.com has some information on them as well.
kcangel63
by Amanda on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM
They are the worst kind of people. Those who push one agenda, while doing everything they preach against.

Quoting blues_pagan:

I hated PETA before this but now I can say I detest these hypocritical asses.
missopink
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
My hate for peta has gone on for years. Iv had my share of run ins with some of those members believing death is better then being a pet. One actually snuck in to my old work and attempted, luckly I was able to stop it,(not as soon as I wish. The poor little guy still had to get 2 of his little paws amputated) my hatred for peta is just as strong as my hate for molesters. It boils my blood.
emeraldangel20
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM

i despise peta.

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Why haven't they been shut down? These people deserve to be in prison for animal cruelty.
maddiesmommy5
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM

PETA is full of hypocrites, they have disgusted me for years!

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I hate Peta

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Poor animals =(

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Disgusting.

This gets reported in the media every so often.

GOOD.

Funny how PETA made a big deal about how the Kentucky Derby was mean to horses.

You mean like their slaughters of thousands of cats and dogs every year?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)