Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Military Service Members Are Committing Suicide Because Obama Is "Violating" The Constitution

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 25 Replies

Ted Nugent: Military Service Members Are Committing Suicide Because Obama Is "Violating" The Constitution

nugent

In an appearance on conspiracy theorist Alex Jones' radio show, NRA board member Ted Nugent blamed the epidemic of suicides among veterans and active duty military on frustration with President Obama for supposedly "violating" the Constitution. 

Nugent, who has appeared on Jones' show several times, told the host that the military is frustrated with Obama for "violating the oath that they're dying for," which is leading to an unprecedented increase in suicides. 

Nugent went on to describe the Obama administration as "treasonous" and also characterized the president as a "groomed America hater." 

On Sunday, Nugent will appear at the NRA's Annual Meeting for an event titled "Freedom Is Not Free - Repaying Our Debt to Heros [sic]" which is billed as a tribute to "those who gave all to utilize our precious freedoms as provided by the ultimate sacrifices of the US Military warriors and their families."

From the April 30 edition of The Alex Jones Show:

TED NUGENT: I'm going to hit you with something even more ugly, and just heartbreaking, and anti-American than anything else -- I bet you've covered this, Alex.

We have an epidemic, an unprecedented increase in heroes of the U.S. military committing suicide, and I'm going to tell you why. And I'm sure the leftist blogs are going to attack me, misquote me, but I'll tell you why more and more warrior heroes of the military are killing themselves: Because they are in absolute frustration and heartbreak that their boss, their Commander-In-Chief violates the Constitution that he has made an oath to while their hero warrior blood brothers are being blown to smithereens and blown up while executing their oath to the same Constitution that the president, the vice president, and the attorney general violate.

There is a heartbreak in the warrior community.

Nugent, who writes a column for birther website WND, recently doubled down on a claim that he would be "dead or in jail" after Obama's re-election. He also recently compared Obama to a Nazi while appearing on a radio show hosted by a Sandy Hook shooting conspiracy theorist.

Despite his long history of outrageous comments, media figures at CNN and Fox News have praised Nugent and invited him on-air as a guest.

by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakeandEmmasMom
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM
6 moms liked this

As if he knows the minds of these soldiers.  It is just shameful that he would exploit this kind of tragedy in this way.  SMH.

rccmom
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this

They are committing suicide due to the pace of the deployments, and because deep down inside they know they should not be there. My nephew is deployed and told his mom that he was so discouraged because he thought they would be accomplishing so much more there. Why are we there?

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Alex Jones is as bad as any of the left nut-bars of Think Progress, Addicitng info, or Media Matters, don't know why Ted Nugent would appear there really.

I really thought that the patriots in the military would do something about the problem, they know they have to take the head off the snake for anything to get better.

valhallaarwen
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

No, they are committing suicide because they can't handle multiple deployments, and lots of soldiers have committed suicides in the past.  Why do they blame Obama for this. 

idunno1234
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow, Jones and Nugent together.....

Looney meets wacko.

Has the world ended yet??

Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM
3 moms liked this
There are crazy, outrageous people on both sides. As a military Mom (stepmom, he was deployed 3 times - one to Baghdad, twice to Afghanistan), I saw my very strong SS get traumatized - multiple deployments, horrific conditions at FOBs, repeated bombings daily. He admitted he thought he had PTSD. Coming home to no job, struggling financials and adjusting to family life. All of this compounds and causes suicides. It is not "because" of Obama. Suicides of returning military personnel from war zones is a challenge that has been tragically linked to all wars in our history. The highest was after the Civil War, I believe. Nugent is just a kook. Alex Jones is a conspiracy theorist. It is fine to allow these folks to talk and share their opinion, but I pay no attention to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel20
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM

if that's the true reason they're committing suicide, then i can't say anything nice about them, soldier or not

JanuaryBaby06
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. My heart is with the families of vets who have commited suicide. I hope none of them watch this puke (to atleast that they dont put too much stock into it).

sheramom4
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM

They are committing suicide because of undiagnosed PTSD and TBI, multiple deployments, feeling that they are not accomplishing anything and the stigma of being a "broken" soldier. Not because of Obama. George W. was in office when my DH attempted suicide, should I say that my husband was suicidal due to Bush?

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM
SMH
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)