Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Obama’s Approval Rating Slips Again in April

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

05/ 01/13

People often get caught up in the daily fluctuations of President Obama's job approval. To see the bigger trends, Rasmussen compiles the numbers on a monthly basis. 

The president's Total Job Approval Rating fell another 2 points from 52% in March to 50% - the lowest level since last September. 

In April, 49% disapproved of the president's performance, up 2 points from May. Disapproval of Obama's performance stayed in the low to mid-50s from August 2009 until the election, and dropped to the low 40s in November but has inched up since.

In April, 27% of voters Strongly Approved of the president's job performance, down 2 points from 29% in March. Thirty-seven percent (37%) Strongly Disapproved of the job he's doing, down a point from the month before. This gives Obama a monthly Presidential Approval Index rating of -10 for April, his worst rating in a year. 

Democrats Strongly Approved of Obama's performance at 52%, down from 56% in March. Republicans Strongly Disapproved of the president's performance at 69%. Among independents, 17% Strongly Approved and 38% Strongly Disapproved.

Voters disapproved Obama's handling of job creation and small business. They have mixed feelings about gun control and immigration reform. 

On the economy, most important issue to voters, the economy, voter confidence in Obama's handling of this issue has fallen back to pre-election levels.

by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be in the totally disapprove category. 

Stefono
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally I didn't vote" Obama ", I already new better. Did my homework, and Im still upset about it!!!!=0(....but what ya' gonna d0....RIGHT?

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:51 AM

BUMP!

pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM

BUMP!

gludwig2000
by Gina on May. 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I'm not totally happy with him, but then, I doubt I would have been happy with Romney either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)