Number Six: NBC News again caught selectively editing video
I had hoped this nonsense would end with the reign of Steve Capus, but once again we have NBC News forced to apologize for yet-another dishonest edit meant to push the left's agenda.
Thanks to NRO's Andrew Johnson, we learned that on Friday MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts used selective clips from a speech by Vice President Joe Biden to make it look as though Biden was making a push for gun control. Biden's speech had nothing to do with guns.
Here is the unedited clip. How low of NBC News to use a speech commemorating four Americans lost in Benghazi to push their own cynical agenda:
Earlier this week, Howard Kurtz made a legitimate mistake and was pilloried for days by his media colleagues. But that was a mistake -- granted, a pretty bad one, but no one believes what Kurtz did was intentional.
What NBC News did -- AGAIN -- was willfully dishonest. But there is never any uproar from the same crowd.
You see, Kurtz's mistake wasn't his mistake, it is that he made the mistake at the expense of the media's Politically Correct Hero of the Week, Jason Collins. The media uproar against Kurtz had nothing to do with journalistic integrity and everything to do with sending a message to those who dare commit the apostasy of trying to ruin a good Narrative.
This is the sixth time in just a few years that NBC News has been caught red-handed manipulating audio or video to benefit whatever agenda the left happens to be pushing at the time. But as a result, we hear nary a peep from those currently running around with Kurtz's head on pike.
The rap sheet against NBC isn’t troubling, surprising, or even disturbing -- it is breathtaking:
1. During last year's presidential election, Andrea Mitchell was caught manufacturing a Romney gaffe where none existed.
2. During last year's GOP primary, Ed Schultz edited video of Texas Governor Rick Perry to make him look racist.
3. In April of last year, the "Today Show" was caught editing audio of a 9-1-1 call to make George Zimmerman look racist.
4. In August of 2009, Contessa Brewer sliced and diced a photograph so it wouldn't look like a black man attended a Tea Party rally carrying a firearm.
5. Just this week, NBC News maliciously edited video of a town council meeting to make it look as though Second Amendment civil rights activists heckled a parent who lost his son in Newtown.
This isn’t bias; this is committing outright fraud in pursuit of a political agenda. And it is no coincidence that every single one of these incidents aided and abetted Obama directly or whatever his agenda was at the time.
The message is clear: if you’re pushing Obama's agenda, there is no code of journalistic ethics.