Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

What do you think of Sarah Palin's stance on gun control?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 77 Replies

Sarah Palin Fires Up NRA Convention With These 12 Awesome Quotes

by Ericka Sóuter

sarah palinIt's never been a mystery what side of the gun control debate Sarah Palin lands on. She's made no secret of her family's love of hunting; her daughters gave her a pink handgun for her birthday; and perhaps most telling, her son Trigg's nickname is Trigger. So she was the perfect person to fire up the ammo-loving crowd at the NRA convention in Houston, Texas today. Sporting a pink lettered "Women Hunt" tee, she quoted Shakespeare (yes, the playwright) and Margaret Thatcher. Was that unexpected? You betcha!

Now historically, I have not been much of a fan of the one-time Alaskan governor, but her impassioned rant -- however misguided many may think it is -- just may have been one of her best. Check out Palin's 8 most inspirational quotes from the NRA convention.

1. Buck up or stay in the truck.
  2. This is a fight for the future of freedom.
  3. We are here to celebrate and preserve not just our Second Amendment freedoms. This is about what kind of people we are and what kind of country we want to be.
  4. Instead of leaders who offer real solutions, we have leaders who practice the politics of emotion ... The politics of emotion is the opposite of leadership. It's the manipulation of the people by the politicians for the own political ends. It's not just self serving, it's destructive and it must stop.
  5. We have these tragedies like Aurora and immediately the question raised in Washington is what can we do to limit the freedom of the people, but its the wrong question.
  6. The [New York City] Mayor and celebrities are protected by their bodyguards with guns. It's the old, 'What's right for thee is not right for me.'
  7. When Hollywood glorifies violence with its movies and underwrites gun grabs with its dollars, it's helping freedom destroy itself.
  8. I want Trigg to grow up in a country that is exceptional and that is still strong, good, decent, and free.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

What do you think of Sarah Palin's stance on gun control?

by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:03 PM
4 moms liked this

I think she's not very intelligent, has no gravitas, is good for nothing more than sound bites, an attention whore, and I really don't understand why anyone would take her seriously.

"Buck up or stay in the truck" ??

BAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA

HardRockKim
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 1:59 PM
4 moms liked this

I have to agree with her, i used to be gun free till i was violated. Criminals wont surrender their gun! Neither will I

rccmom
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM
4 moms liked this

We don't have to be gun free. We can have some common sense rules and laws regarding gun ownership. 

Quoting HardRockKim:

I have to agree with her, i used to be gun free till i was violated. Criminals wont surrender their gun! Neither will I

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:33 PM

She is a freak that gives every women a bad name.When Jindal said the repug's were the party of stupid he must have had her on his mind.

gludwig2000
by Gina on May. 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM
No surprise that she feels this way and I don't see anything wrong with it as long as she doesn't start running ads with people or names in the cross fire. Its okay to support something, but you do have to be careful when you are a public figure not to say or do the wrong thing, and imagery concerning violence is wrong.
gludwig2000
by Gina on May. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Maybe is an Alaskan thing which is why I don't understand it,lol.
Quoting jaxTheMomm:

I think she's not very intelligent, has no gravitas, is good for nothing more than sound bites, an attention whore, and I really don't understand why anyone would take her seriously.

BAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on May. 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM
7 moms liked this
And which of those common sense laws will the criminals follow?

Quoting rccmom:

We don't have to be gun free. We can have some common sense rules and laws regarding gun ownership. 

Quoting HardRockKim:

Carpy
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Do I really need to answer?

Carpy
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

It is a deer hunting thing.  It's a common expression around here.

Quoting gludwig2000:

Maybe is an Alaskan thing which is why I don't understand it,lol.
Quoting jaxTheMomm:

BAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA

daughteroftruth
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM

what stance... she said nothing of substance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)