Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michelle Malkin,”Americans won’t forget Benghazi” then forgets the 60 deaths under Bush via Consulate attacks

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM
  • 62 Replies

Michelle Malkin,”Americans won’t forget Benghazi” then forgets the 60 deaths under Bush via Consulate attacks

May 7, 2013
By 

Michelle Malkin along with her site Twitchy are quite good with collaborative efforts to get an issue to trend on Twitter, however,  mentally challenged Republicans have a very short memory. Malkin tweets “#Benghazi is trending. Americans won’t forget. Whitewash isn’t working. Stone walls crumble.” Such feigned outrage while suddenly purporting to actually have a soul.

Bush_embassies

Lest we forget…

In response to Donald Rumsfeld’s tweet, “After The attacks on our embassies & diplomats are a result of perceived American weakness. Mitt Romney is right to point that out,” Daily Kos in 2012 noted:

Donald Rumsfeld was Secretary of War Defense between 2001 and 2006, so none of this should be news to him:

June 14, 2002, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan Suicide bomber kills 12 and injures 51.February 20, 2003, international diplomatic compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Truck bomb kills 17.February 28, 2003, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Gunmen on motorcycles killed two consulate guards.

July 30, 2004, U.S. embassy in Taskkent, Uzbekistan
Suicide bomber kills two.

December 6, 2004, U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Militants stormed and occupied perimeter wall. Five killed, 10 wounded.

March 2, 2006, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomate directly targeted by the assailants.

September 12, 2006, U.S. embassy in Damascus, Syria
Gunmen attacked embassy with grenades, automatic weapons, and a car bomb (though second truck bomb failed to detonate). One killed and 13 wounded.

January 12, 2007, U.S. embassy in Athens, Greece
A rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building. No one was injured.

July 9, 2008, U.S. consulate in Istanbul, Turkey
Armed men attacked consulate with pistols and shotguns. Three policemen killed.

March 18, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana’a, Yemen
Mortar attack misses embassy, hits nearby girls’ school instead.

September 17, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana’a, Yemen
Militants dressed as policemen attacked the embassy with RPGs, rifles, grenades and car bombs. Six Yemeni soldiers and seven civilians were killed. Sixteen more were injured.

But, Republicans will never forget Benghazi, but the 60 other deaths under George W. Bush’s presidency are forgotten, right?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
susan115
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

give it up...Do you walk to talk about Black Hawk down under the Clinton Administration?  Oh...I forgot, we whisper or forget about anything that happens when a liberal is President, but a republican you never forget do you?  Also, as a republican, we can critize another Republican in office but you liberals don't why?  I just don't get it.  I may not of liked everything Bush did, but he was a better leader than this current bunch holding the public elected offices.  That goes for both dem.'s and Rep.'s

gludwig2000
by Gina on May. 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I just wonder if our next sitting President will have all of the trouble that Obama does, but I guess all we can do is wait and see. I understand that Republicans say that Bush was given a very hard time, and maybe I wasn't paying as much attention then, no, I know that I wasn't, but the level of scrutiny that Obama receives is pretty harsh.
nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh really?I don't remember repugs saying anything about any of the deaths at US Embassies when those happened under bush.Where was the rights freak out then?And as far as criticizing the repugs you people always defend them 24/7.I have not once seen anyone from the right here at CM go after them.

Quoting susan115:

give it up...Do you walk to talk about Black Hawk down under the Clinton Administration?  Oh...I forgot, we whisper or forget about anything that happens when a liberal is President, but a republican you never forget do you?  Also, as a republican, we can critize another Republican in office but you liberals don't why?  I just don't get it.  I may not of liked everything Bush did, but he was a better leader than this current bunch holding the public elected offices.  That goes for both dem.'s and Rep.'s

susan115
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:56 PM
5 moms liked this

I wasn't on CM back then, but we did speak up, you continued to name call,  What makes me a "repugs", Again, may not of agreed with everything about the Bush term, but he is and will always be a better leader than our current Administration. 

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Oh really?I don't remember repugs saying anything about any of the deaths at US Embassies when those happened under bush.Where was the rights freak out then?And as far as criticizing the repugs you people always defend them 24/7.I have not once seen anyone from the right here at CM go after them.

Quoting susan115:

jaxTheMomm
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM
4 moms liked this

You can tell me to kiss your ass 9 ways to Sunday if you like, but if I'm going to call out folks on the right for generalizing and using derogatory terms, I gotta do it to you to.

Please stop using the term "repugs".  It puts us all in a worse position. Yes, this is nothing but a political witch hunt.  And rapidly aimed at Hillary Clinton who might well be the next Democratic presidential nominee.  But it's not a logical word-choice towards someone on the right, no more than you like being called those names.

(and forgive me if I've asked this of you before and you told me to kiss your ass 9 ways to Sunday.)

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Quoting susan115:

gludwig2000
by Gina on May. 7, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
You know, I hadn't thought of that, but it is a perfect reason to keep talking about Benghazi since Hillary was a major player at that time. That is why I'm not a politician, but I have to admit that it is a pretty good move on the part of Republicans, a preemptive strike, so to speak. I also agree about the name calling because I don't like all the not so cutesy names used for Democrats and Liberals, and I wouldn't like Repugs if I were Republican.
Quoting jaxTheMomm:

You can tell me to kiss your ass 9 ways to Sunday if you like, but if I'm going to call out folks on the right for generalizing and using derogatory terms, I gotta do it to you to.

Please stop using the term "repugs".  It puts us all in a worse position. Yes, this is nothing but a political witch hunt.  And rapidly aimed at Hillary Clinton who might well be the next Democratic presidential nominee.  But it's not a logical word-choice towards someone on the right, no more than you like being called those names.

(and forgive me if I've asked this of you before and you told me to kiss your ass 9 ways to Sunday.)

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Quoting susan115:

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Kolkata - no Americans killed.  And no Ambos killed.

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Karachi attack - no Americans killed and no Ambos killed.  Bush IMMEDIATELY RESPONDED and kept Americans informed.

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Dec Saudi - No Americans killed and Bush immediately responded.  Before the attacks THE STATE DEPARTMENT put out a warning unlike Libya.  No ambo was killed.

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Tashkent - No Americans killed, no Ambo killed and no cover-up and lies by Bush pertaining to the attack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)