Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rush Limbaugh rants over the cost of welfare for Amanda Berry’s 6 year-old daughter

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 57 Replies

Rush Limbaugh rants over the cost of welfare for Amanda Berry’s 6 year-old daughter

May 7, 2013
By 

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight were all rescued Monday night in a stunning turn of events which the nation is celebrating. Well, everyone with the exception of Rush Limbaugh who connects the Cleveland kidnapping to President Obama, then ponders the cost of welfare for Amanda Berry, who was rescued due to the heroic efforts of a nearby neighbor, Charles Ramsey.

AmandaBerry_Sis

Along with rescuing Amanda Berry was her 6 year-old daughter, obviously born in captivity after being missing for a decade.

Limbaugh’s assumptions are abundant as he declares that the three brothers who allegedly kidnapped the women, voted for President Obama, then goes on to say about the brothers, “One of who has a baby. Double welfare benefits if one of the women has a baby. No, I don’t know. Fascinating that the same thing happened on Hawaii 5-0…and I guarantee you people watch it. It happened on T.V. It is for real.”

Incidentally, Amanda Berry was kidnapped over ten years ago. Obama was not the President. Is Rush Limbaugh saying that Amanda should have had an abortion? He’s also assuming that the kidnapper was on welfare, or that Ms. Berry will be.

Listen here:

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/05/07/rush-limbaugh-rants-over-the-cost-of-welfare-for-amanda-berrys-6-year-old-daughter/

by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Billiejeens
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM
3 moms liked this

Freakoutnation - nope never going to go wrong quoting freak out nation.

bouncing

Billiejeens
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:59 PM
5 moms liked this

I will give you one thing, you can find lunatic sources, that normal lunatics don't even know exist.

gludwig2000
by Gina on May. 7, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Rush is nothing but a shock jock, so this doesn't surprise me.
nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

So what he still said it.

Quoting Billiejeens:

I will give you one thing, you can find lunatic sources, that normal lunatics don't even know exist.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:23 PM
4 moms liked this

This is so taken out of context. Not surprising at all. SMH

He started with seeing the TV show Hawaii 5-0 last night and the episode was about someone kidnapping kids under 18 to get welfare benefits, when they turned 18 they'd kill them. He never claimed the despicable POS brothers did it for that reason. He also never claimed they voted for Obama, just that the city they lived in went for Obama.

Here is the transcript:

RUSH: I want to talk for a minute about these three people that have been missing for 10 years in Cleveland and found. I'll bet many of you thought, "There's nothing Rush can say about that." Oh-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho! I have no idea. Nobody does yet. At least if somebody knows, I haven't been able to keep up with the story. It happened just before the show started, these three people discovered missing for 10 years staying in some malcontent's house or whatever.

I have no idea what the latest news is on this. I don't know it, if there's any more than that. But as it so happens, I happened last night to watch Hawaii 5-0 on CBS. Hawaii 5-0's premise last night was kidnapped girls. They were held until they were 18 and then killed. It was a couple doing it for the welfare benefits. It was just some reprobate husband and wife. The husband, a lazy SOB, claimed he had a disability and couldn't work. They kidnapped young girls and kept them in shackles.

This was the premise. It's just a TV show, but I thought, "Well, this fascinating." They kept them in shackles in a hidden room in their run-down house somewhere on Oahu. The 5-0 team was trying to find for the parents. One girl was missing for 12 years and found dead somewhere out in the hinterlands. The 5-0 team did whatever the show is. They tracked 'em down, they found out what it was, and the guy was simply kidnapping these girls to provide tax exemptions and qualification for welfare benefits so he didn't have to work.

And then when they were no longer useful at age 18, he killed 'em -- until, of course ,5-0 came along and saved the day. Now, I don't know what happened in Cleveland, but I couldn't help but make the connection. I mean, if everybody else in the low-information crowd's gonna use what happens on TV for reality, why can't I? So here it is. Three women missing nine-plus years found alive. All were teenagers when they disappeared. Does anybody know yet why? Has the story advanced yet?

(interruption)

Three brothers of their brothers or three brothers?

(interruption)

Three brothers, but not related to the three women, have been arrested in Cleveland, which-voted Obama. Not that that's got anything to do with anything.

(interruption)

One of who has the baby?

(interruption)

Double welfare benefits, if one of the women has a baby?

(interruption)

No, I don't know. It just wanted to tell you. It's fascinating to hear that the same thing happen last night on Hawaii 5-0 and I guarantee you people watching it on Hawaii 5-0 think, "It happened on TV. It is for real."

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: So these three guys in Cleveland who kidnapped the women, raped them -- and I think, when a pregnancy happened, they aborted it. Anyway, they're brothers. Their last name is Castro. I just saw their pictures on TV. What a motley bunch of people. (interruption) Yeah, grungy, to say the least. Anyway, you figure that was their best look? (interruption) Are those mug shots? (interruption) Wow. Ah, one of them doesn't look too bad. He looks like he works in a Benihana. He doesn't work there. It's just the first thing came to my mind when I saw the picture.

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this

*SIGH, shakes head* What a waste of time...

Thanks for the transcript.

The person who posted this, thinking it was newsworthy! - clearly didn't research it. The article here - and the actual transcript, showing a vague flow of consciousness monologue about a TV show and a breaking story without much information  - are as different as night and day.

As they say, CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING - even when you hate someone.

tsk tsk

Quoting DSamuels:

He started with seeing the TV show Hawaii 5-0 last night and the episode was about someone kidnapping kids under 18 to get welfare benefits, when they turned 18 they'd kill them. He never claimed the despicable POS brothers did it for that reason. He also never claimed they voted for Obama, just that the city they lived in went for Obama.

Here is the transcript:

RUSH: I want to talk for a minute about these three people that have been missing for 10 years in Cleveland and found. I'll bet many of you thought, "There's nothing Rush can say about that." Oh-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho! I have no idea. Nobody does yet. At least if somebody knows, I haven't been able to keep up with the story. It happened just before the show started, these three people discovered missing for 10 years staying in some malcontent's house or whatever.

I have no idea what the latest news is on this. I don't know it, if there's any more than that. But as it so happens, I happened last night to watch Hawaii 5-0 on CBS. Hawaii 5-0's premise last night was kidnapped girls. They were held until they were 18 and then killed. It was a couple doing it for the welfare benefits. It was just some reprobate husband and wife. The husband, a lazy SOB, claimed he had a disability and couldn't work. They kidnapped young girls and kept them in shackles.

This was the premise. It's just a TV show, but I thought, "Well, this fascinating." They kept them in shackles in a hidden room in their run-down house somewhere on Oahu. The 5-0 team was trying to find for the parents. One girl was missing for 12 years and found dead somewhere out in the hinterlands. The 5-0 team did whatever the show is. They tracked 'em down, they found out what it was, and the guy was simply kidnapping these girls to provide tax exemptions and qualification for welfare benefits so he didn't have to work.

And then when they were no longer useful at age 18, he killed 'em -- until, of course ,5-0 came along and saved the day. Now, I don't know what happened in Cleveland, but I couldn't help but make the connection. I mean, if everybody else in the low-information crowd's gonna use what happens on TV for reality, why can't I? So here it is. Three women missing nine-plus years found alive. All were teenagers when they disappeared. Does anybody know yet why? Has the story advanced yet?

(interruption)

(interruption)

Three brothers, but not related to the three women, have been arrested in Cleveland, which-voted Obama. Not that that's got anything to do with anything.

(interruption)

One of who has the baby?

(interruption)

(interruption)

No, I don't know. It just wanted to tell you. It's fascinating to hear that the same thing happen last night on Hawaii 5-0 and I guarantee you people watching it on Hawaii 5-0 think, "It happened on TV. It is for real."

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: So these three guys in Cleveland who kidnapped the women, raped them -- and I think, when a pregnancy happened, they aborted it. Anyway, they're brothers. Their last name is Castro. I just saw their pictures on TV. What a motley bunch of people. (interruption) Yeah, grungy, to say the least. Anyway, you figure that was their best look? (interruption) Are those mug shots? (interruption) Wow. Ah, one of them doesn't look too bad. He looks like he works in a Benihana. He doesn't work there. It's just the first thing came to my mind when I saw the picture.

grandmab125
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM
2 moms liked this

slapsidesplittinglaughtershruggingslapping forehead 

DSamuels
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM
4 moms liked this

Not surprising at all. Most everything reported about him is taken out of context. Some of the things he says he words it in such a way to make a point too. He also says things in calculated manner of "using absurdity to point out the absurd" and people take it seriously.

Quoting SallyMJ:

*SIGH*

The person who posted this, thinking it was newsworthy - clearly didn't research it. The actual transcript, showing a flow of consciousness monologue about a TV show and a breaking story without much information  - are as different as night and day.

As they say, context is everything - even when you hate someone.

Quoting DSamuels:

Here is the transcript:

(interruption)

(interruption)

(interruption)

One of who has the baby?

(interruption)

(interruption)

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM
4 moms liked this

Satire is so damn confusing!!!

Probably because most of ours is sans curse words.

See, some people need profanity - a la Bill Maher or Jon Stewart - to realize it's a joke.

blank stare

Quoting DSamuels:

Not surprising at all. Most everything reported about him is taken out of context. Some of the things he says he words it in such a way to make a point too. He also says things in calculated manner of "using absurdity to point out the absurd" and people take it seriously.

Quoting SallyMJ:

*SIGH*

The person who posted this, thinking it was newsworthy - clearly didn't research it. The actual transcript, showing a flow of consciousness monologue about a TV show and a breaking story without much information  - are as different as night and day.

As they say, context is everything - even when you hate someone.

Quoting DSamuels:

Here is the transcript:

(interruption)

(interruption)

(interruption)

One of who has the baby?

(interruption)

(interruption)

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

29again
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM
4 moms liked this

Lots of posts about Rush today, and all lies or wishful thinking.  What's up with all that?  Maybe "someone" should find a source that actually uses all the information, rather than just a line from the beginning, and a line from the end, and filling in the middle with all that wishful thinking.  That would help "someones" credibility a bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)