Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Dem Congressman At Benghazi Hearing: "Death Is A Part Of Life"

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 15 Replies

Posted on May 8, 2013

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD), ranking member of the House Oversight Committee, tells Benghazi witnesses that "death is a part of life."

CUMMINGS: And, as I listen to your testimony I could not help but think of something that I said very recently -- two years ago now -- in a eulogy for a relative. I said that death is a part of life, so often we have to find a way to make life a part of death. And, I guess the reason why I'm saying that, going back to something Mr. Nordstrom said, he wanted, I guess all of you said this, he wanted to make sure we learn from this.

by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erika9009
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope this is an out of context thing and not that he shows little or no concern for those who died.

To take off on a "Bush bashing " saying................

"People died then Obama lied"

I know, that's in bad taste, please flame me now.........

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM
3 moms liked this

Ugh some folks are just nauseating.This did not have to happen.Or the Obama and old Hill could have at least tried to stop it.Instead they chose to ignore and worry more about their own asses and an election.Meanwhile..our people were over there probably thinking they'd recieve some help all the way to their death they probably hoped it was coming.Obama and Hill blamed a friggin video and had a man arrested too.SMH.Then you have dumbasses wanting to compare this shit to Watergate ..losers..not even close!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM

It's a quote from a sitting member of Congress today, not a political party's talking point.

Quoting erika9009:

I hope this is an out of context thing and not that he shows little or no concern for those who died.

To take off on a "Bush bashing " saying................

"People died then Obama lied"

I know, that's in bad taste, please flame me now.........

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM

BUMP!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Unbelievable.

And this is a compassionate member of the compassionate party.

DSamuels
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Can you imagine if a repub had said this? But since it's a dem, it's just fine and dandy. 

IMO, it's sickening!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Conservatives are held to an impossibly high standard.

Libs are held to no standards.

Quoting DSamuels:

Can you imagine if a repub had said this? But since it's a dem, it's just fine and dandy. 

IMO, it's sickening!

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this

So put that quote along with Hills..'what difference does it make?' and the other assholes..'that was a long time ago' yeah these people couldnt give two shits.Nice for the families to know.

tnmomofive
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this

It would be non stop screamed about on here and in the msm.

Quoting DSamuels:

IMO, it's sickening!

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:57 PM
3 moms liked this

The weird thing is if the administration had just said it was a terrorist attack from the get-go, it is quite possible that it would have stopped there: we would have accepted it, mourned our dead, and maybe the problematic things that occurred on 9/11 could have been discussed internally and not in front of the American people.

The administrationn lying about the nature of the cause of the incident made everyone a lot more sensitive about any other deception here. The administration CYA-ing to avoid trouble, opened themselves up to way more scrutiny.

Quoting tnmomofive:

So put that quote along with Hills..'what difference does it make?' and the other assholes..'that was a long time ago' yeah these people couldnt give two shits.Nice for the families to know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN