Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dem Congresswoman: Obamacare Will....Improve Marriages!

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

Rep. Janice Hahn

On Thursday, California Rep. Janice Hahn (D-CA) said at a Small Business subcommittee hearing on Health and Technology:

"It's an interesting angle, to talk about people who really only have jobs for the health insurance as being one angle to that. I had a friend who got married to the wrong person just so she could have heath insurance. So, we'll also have a lot of less bad marriages as a result of this." 

by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Analeigh2012
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Married just for the person's health insurance? That is just crazy on its own!!

Boy, some Democrats that are trying really hard to find any angle that makes ACA look good. This is just sad, if that is all she has that is positive!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
29again
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM

If that story is true, then she needs to get some friends with substance.  She also needs a few English lessons, that was hard enough to read, I can't imagine what it sounds like!!

I can't imagine marrying someone just for their health insurance!  I've never heard of anyone doing that!  How does that compare to marrying someone just for their money, I wonder...  pretty close, in some regards, I think.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 1:19 AM

" I had a friend who got married to the wrong person just so she could have heath insurance. So, we'll also have a lot of less bad marriages as a result of this." 

blank stare

Is she serious? She gives being blond a bad name...

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 2:15 AM

I'm sure she's not a real blonde.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

" I had a friend who got married to the wrong person just so she could have heath insurance. So, we'll also have a lot of less bad marriages as a result of this." 

blank stare

Is she serious? She gives being blond a bad name...

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:40 AM

BUMP!

JoJoBean8
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Ummmm......no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)