Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Steyn: 'How empty and dead' to let Chris Stevens die and then "tell lies over his coffin"

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:47 AM
  • 80 Replies
2 moms liked this

On the Thursday night program of Hugh Hewitt’s national syndicated radio show, National Review columnist Mark Steyn explained why the Obama administration’s response to last September’s terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was so appalling.

“They let him die, and then told lies over his coffin,” he told fill-in host Guy Benson.

Steyn said that the late U.S. ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens was a true believer of President Barack Obama and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s view of the Arab Spring, that it was a positive movement and was trying to make the best of it. Clinton and senior State Department officials, he said, let Stevens die, meaning that he was “sacrificed for the Obama-Clinton fiction of the Arab Spring.”

“All the players involved in this are Democrats,” Steyn said. “Chris Stevens is in fact the poster boy for the Obama-Clinton view of the Arab Spring. He’s one of their guys. I mean, as chaps like me look on it, he was in large part deluded about the nature of the Arab Spring, but he was a personally courageous and brave man who was on the front line of the Obama-Clinton narrative about the Arab Spring.”

“And Democrats, liberals should ask themselves about that — if they are willing to, that’s, no right-wingers, no Republicans, no conservatives are involved in this. They did that to one of their own. And as you say, the three elements of this story all got moved slightly further on in the course of the testimony yesterday. … He was there in Benghazi, on a symbolic day, at the personal request of Secretary Clinton. In a sense, he not only died for the Obama-Clinton fiction, he was sacrificed for the Obama-Clinton fiction of the Arab Spring.”

“This is absolutely disgraceful. I cannot conceive of how empty and dead you have to be inside to put Ambassador Stevens through that, then leave him to die, and all the nonsense we heard about, ‘Oh, they couldn’t have got there in time?’ Oh, really? You had, it’s like a football match, is it? It’s like a football game, you’ve got an end time, you know they’re all going to pack up and go home at 5 in the morning or whatever? They didn’t know how long it was going to last. They left him to die. They decided to let their guy die in the confusion of the stuff happening in Egypt and Tunisia over the stupid no-account video.”

Steyn continued by pointing out how both Clinton and Obama maintained that they had a personal relationship with Stevens, despite telling a story that was somewhat contradicted by the former number two diplomat in Libya, Gregory Hicks’ testimony before the House oversight committee on Wednesday.

“I understand there is partisan politics,” Steyn added. “I accept that. You want your side to win. You put your side’s interests at heart. But I personally could not do that knowing the truth. She called him ‘Chris.’ Obama called him ‘Chris.’ ‘Chris’ this — no Ambassador Stevens, no Mr. Ambassador, none of that — ‘Chris, Chris, Chris,’ like he’s — they’re best buddies. They’ve known each other all their life. And then she tells the families of the dead that they’re going to get this video-maker, and they’re going to put him in jail. And all the time she’s doing that, she knows that is false.”

“And as you say, she got the phone call,” he continued. “The very compelling testimony from Mr. Hicks, the number two guy in Libya, he calls her, he has this conversation with her. Then later, he calls back to leave a message that ‘Chris, Chris,’ as Hillary Clinton calls him, ‘Chris, Chris, Chris,’ is dead. He’s the first ambassador, first American ambassador to die in the line of duty in a quarter century. She doesn’t call back poor old Hicks on the front line trying to hold down what’s left of the American presence in Libya? She doesn’t call him back that night. She doesn’t call him back the following day. This is a failure of leadership at the top. And honor demands, she’s gone, she’s out of it. But if she were still in her job, honor would demand that she resign over this. I think there’s compelling evidence she actually perjured herself when she testified on this.”

by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow.

Carpy
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 5:16 AM
11 moms liked this

I find it a disgrace beyond compare, that these peoples families were lied to, just to make sure nothing hindered Obama getting back in office so he can continue his march to destruction. 

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 5:37 AM
7 moms liked this

I agree. And on every article I post with the Benghazi news we have,  anywhere, not just CM, libs will respond these are not the only time embassy staff were killed, as if this is supposed to undo this one, that these deaths are not as tragic as attacks when more people were killed. Terrorist attacks are not something you compare with others, the say well, this or that terrorist attack was worse than Benghazi, because more people were killed.

So, some will say, "Sorry Chris, nice knowing you - rest in peace." And we'll lie about what led up to the terrorist attack, and we'll lie about the lies after the attack and after the dead are returned to their families.

Disgraceful through and through. 

Quoting Carpy:

I find it a disgrace beyond compare, that these peoples families were lied to, just to make sure nothing hindered Obama getting back in office so he can continue his march to destruction. 

angel_vine
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM
6 moms liked this

The more I hear about this, the more sad and angry it makes me. I get the feeling we have only heard a small part of what really happened and why they covered it up. I hope the press keeps on this and all the facts eventually come to light. This administration needs to be held responsible. 

JustCJ
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM
8 moms liked this
That's some pretty heart wrenching stuff. Liberals and everything they stand for, from abortion to made up shit, are some callous, and or ignorant or both, people. That is the only way I can make sense of them ignoring this and bashing and picking on us for it.
I'm just disgusted. I'm so sorry we let them down. We need to hang our heads in shame, not act with arrogance.
JustCJ
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM
5 moms liked this
Oh and by the way FUCK Arab Spring.
tnmomofive
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:20 PM
6 moms liked this

And then she tells the families of the dead that they’re going to get this video-maker, and they’re going to put him in jail. And all the time she’s doing that, she knows that is false.”

Yep, and she did he was arrested! How fucked up is that?

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Unbelievably sad but true.

pvtjokerus
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM
4 moms liked this

“This is absolutely disgraceful. I cannot conceive of how empty and dead you have to be inside to put Ambassador Stevens through that, then leave him to die, and all the nonsense we heard about,"

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM
4 moms liked this

Here is the really sad part.

They didn't have to do it.

Nothing, nothing would have prevented the media from worshiping Obama and spreading lies about Romney, or prevented Blacks, ObamaZombies and Obamabots from voting for him.

(waiting for lga to post that none of the story is true.)

Quoting Carpy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN