Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REPORT: Obama's IRS Also Targets Jewish Organizations

Posted by   + Show Post

New evidence has now arisen that the IRS under President Obama, which admitted, then half-denied this week that it was targeting conservative non-profit groups, has been targeting Jewish organizations in a virulent manner. An IRS agent admitted that some Israel-related organizations’ applications have been assigned to “a special unit in the D.C. office to determine whether the organization’s activities contradict the Administration’s public policies.”

What does that mean? It means that the Obama administration is going after organizations that support the existence of the state of Israel; one Jewish organization that was not even focused on Israel was required to state “whether [it] supports the existence of the land of Israel,” and also to “[d]escribe [its] religious belief system toward the land of Israel.

Z STREET, a staunch defender of Israel, had filed a lawsuit against the IRS, saying that an IRS agent told them that their attempt to secure tax-exempt status would be looked over more than usual because it was “connected to Israel.”

Lois Lerner, of the IRS, has already admitted that the IRS had improperly targeted groups with “Tea Party” and “patriot” in their names but said it wasn’t politically motivated, because “That is not how we do things.”

The Obama Administration apparently hates Israel enough to harass and intimidate those who support the Jewish state. So much for the contention of liberal Jews that the Obama administration is a friend to the State of Israel. 

The IRS is now asking Jewish organizations if they support the existence of Israel.

(Politico Document -  exhibit from legal declaration under oath, http://www.politico.com/static/PPM170_101124_jmm.html)

Unbelievable.

The IRS is targeting American Jewish groups that support the existence of Israel.
Ben Smith at The Politico reported:

A Pennsylvania Jewish group that has claimed the Internal Revenue Service is targeting pro-Israel groups introduced in federal court today a letter from an IRS agent to another, unnamed organization that tax experts said was likely outside the usual or appropriate scope of an IRS inquiry.

“Does your organization support the existence of the land of Israel?” IRS agent Tracy Dornette wrote the organization, according to this week’s court filing, as part of its consideration of the organizations application for tax exempt status. “Describe your organization’s religious belief sytem toward the land of Israel.”

The document emerged in the course of a lawsuit filed in August by Z Street, a hawkish group that casts itself as the Zionist answer to the liberal J Street. Z Street claims that a different IRS agent reviewing its application for tax exempt status said the agency is “carefully scrutinizing organizations that are in any way connected with Israel” and that “a special unit” is determining whether its activities “contradict the Administration’s public policies.’”

The IRS can deny tax exempt status to groups that work against “established public policy,” a precedent established in its denial of a tax exemption to Bob Jones University over racial discrimination, and Z Street is suggesting that the IRS has begun applying some such policy to pro-Israel groups.

by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM

LOL I doubt it.Facts kind of get in the way of their conspiracies so they ignore them.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting nanaofsix531:

In March 2012, then–IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman told a House Committee that his agency was absolutely not targeting tax-exempt applicants based on ideology. Shulman was a George W. Bush appointee, and there's no evidence so far that he or anyone else in the IRS' Washington leadership knew about the targeting of conservatives. Is it plausible that some lower-level staffers were making these decisions on their own? Juliet Eilperin explains in The Washington Post:

The staffers in the Cincinnati field office were making high-level decisions on how to evaluate the groups because a decade ago the IRS assigned all applications to that unit. The IRS also eliminated an automatic after-the-fact review process Washington used to conduct such determinations. [Washington Post]

I mentioned this little bit of trivia earlier but it was ignored, maybe you will have better luck:)

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM

You are right that the Pat Tillman story - about how the military and the Bush administration retrospectively covered changed the narrative of his death - is unconscionable.

So how does that justify the Obama administration violating the First Amendment freedoms of speech and religion of American citizens?

How are those connected again? I thought each action by each individual stands on its own.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Facts are facts.

Both actions are wrong.

How does one justify the other? Is there a certain time frame when the Obama can get away with everything, where it "doesn't count" because of acts done in a different administration?

Especially since the Obama administration is the most transparent one in the history of the country?

Wouldn't a transparent administration - as soon as they found out - root out this evil? But they didn't. Why not? It is, after all the most transparent administration in the history of the country.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

LOL I doubt it.Facts kind of get in the way of their conspiracies so they ignore them.

Quoting denise3680:

Quoting nanaofsix531:

In March 2012, then–IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman told a House Committee that his agency was absolutely not targeting tax-exempt applicants based on ideology. Shulman was a George W. Bush appointee, and there's no evidence so far that he or anyone else in the IRS' Washington leadership knew about the targeting of conservatives. Is it plausible that some lower-level staffers were making these decisions on their own? Juliet Eilperin explains in The Washington Post:

The staffers in the Cincinnati field office were making high-level decisions on how to evaluate the groups because a decade ago the IRS assigned all applications to that unit. The IRS also eliminated an automatic after-the-fact review process Washington used to conduct such determinations. [Washington Post]

I mentioned this little bit of trivia earlier but it was ignored, maybe you will have better luck:)

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Such as?

So how do you justify the Obama Administration violating the Constitution's freedoms of speech and religion of American citizens?

You mean How Nixon targeted his Enemies List? OMG - the O administration is just like that! Conservatives and Jewish groups who support Israel would fit on that list. Congrats on O being the Richard Nixon of the 21st century with cover-ups, IRS targets and all.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

I would be that if someone wanted to dig, they'd find out that the IRS targets all kinds of organizations.

ambertreas76
by on May. 13, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I'm just sitting here and wondering why this SCOTUS has not been impeached yet....

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Irrelevant - This individual worked for and reported to Obama. Not the only person any administration carried over - most notably the Secretary of the Treasury.Do you really think conservatives would support violating the civil rights of conservative American citizens? In a way that reflects Obama's views? 

So how does that justify his and his department violating the freedom of speech and religion of American citizens? Even Obama knows this is a major violation.

Before you condemn GWB for "failed communication that caused us to get into a war over BS," you also need to condemn ALL Senators and members of Congress from both parties, as well as every intelligence organization in the world. 

Have you done that yet? If not, get going.

Quoting denise3680:

you do realize that the man in charge of the IRS is an appointee from the Bush administration?  They were talking about this very thing on the news.  IF this is the case then whoever ordered this, if this is true, should be held accountable.  I just find it funny that in the cases where an organization, who have a long line of people in charge, somehow always gets blames on Obama, but no one blames bush for the long line of failed communication that caused us to get into a war over BS:/

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Really? It is Constitutionally possible, you know. But I am pretty sure no one is looking at that. Besides you.

Quoting ambertreas76:

I'm just sitting here and wondering why this SCOTUS has not been impeached yet....

nanaofsix531
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Just doing the tit for tat I see from the right every time I post something they don't like.

The IRS should not be targeting any group because of party affiliation EVER!

AND IF THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION AUTHORIZED THIS THEN HEADS SHOULD ROLL!

It has not yet been proven that the administration knew about this.How about we wait to stone them until the investigation is done?

Quoting SallyMJ:

You are right that the Pat Tillman story - about how the military and the Bush administration retrospectively covered changed the narrative of his death - is unconscionable.

So how does that justify the Obama administration violating the First Amendment freedoms of speech and religion of American citizens?

How are those connected again? I thought each action by each individual stands on its own.

Quoting nanaofsix531:

SallyMJ
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I think what you are saying is, "Don't report crimes for awhile." Until Dems "catch up" to Republicans.

So violating Constitutional rights, is OK, as long as it is Democrats doing it.

The IRS didn't target anyone because of party affiliation - How could they know that? They targeted people specifically on their beliefs and positions - and whether or not they conflicted with Obama policies. They knew organizations with "tea party" and "patriot" in their names, and Jewish groups that responded to their illegal and intrusive questions about their religion and opinion toward Israel - probably did not support the Obama administration policies.

"It is not yet proven." So you are saying that if the head of the IRS said it happen, and we have the testimony and application here for Jewish groups - that this is not proven? Please tell me your definition of the word "proven."

BBC - a liberal paper, not even written by Americans - said "Heads will roll."  I suggest  you take up your outrage with them.

Did you read the post, by chance?

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Just doing the tit for tat I see from the right every time I post something they don't like.

The IRS should not be targeting any group because of party affiliation EVER!

AND IF THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION AUTHORIZED THIS THEN HEADS SHOULD ROLL!

It has not yet been proven that the administration knew about this.How about we wait to stone them until the investigation is done?

Quoting SallyMJ:

Quoting nanaofsix531:

Trollslayer
by Terica on May. 14, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

I would be that if someone wanted to dig, they'd find out that the IRS targets all kinds of organizations.

bow down

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)